Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest

5 posters

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Go down

Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest Empty Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest

Post by gsmolin Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Trying to judge interest in something that I've heard can be done with a healthy dose of singletrack riding: Start riding at the KTown Hbf and ride all the way to Wissembourg, France, then get on the train and come home.

This is about 125km so not for the faint of heart! Would start at the KTown Hbf early in the morning with the goal of hitting Wissembourg by 8 in the evening. Pace would be reasonably speedy--not a race obviously but I'd rather not get stuck in the woods of Pfalzerwald at night.

I'd prefer actually taking a day off (or going on a training holiday) so we could do this on a weekday to avoid hikers.

Crazy? Perhaps. But if you're interested, I'd like to set this up this summer to maximize the long daylight hours!
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest Empty Re: Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest

Post by Zenkem Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Do you have the route planned out? I would be interested in leaving from the house and meeting up along the way around Johanniskreuze...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest Empty Re: Epic Ride KTown to Wissembourg (France) MTB Ride Judging Interest

Post by gsmolin Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 pm

not yet. need to get maps from Der Rucksack!
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuviVr6 Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 am

If its mostly singletrack I could give it a shot on my CX bike  Very Happy 
DuviVr6
DuviVr6

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:44 pm

just ordered maps from amazon.de

gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by BikeDent Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 pm

I would love to do this. I have wanted to do an off road ride to France since I got here.
BikeDent
BikeDent

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:48 pm

The trail you want is marked with a green/white wave. you will run across the markers in the f trail and the woog ride. here is a link for gps downloads. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there are actually 3 different routes that cross the Pfaelzerwald.

I also have the map if you guys need it.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 pm

you can get the maps from the book store in Landstuhl next to the Blarney Stone
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:25 pm

I remember seeing the green/white wave trail marker.

I heard that the blue cross trail worked too...?
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 pm

thanks for the link above. looks like that route is about 160 km and takes you right through rodalben. sadly, it looks like you could cut out the rodalben segment (or bring 40 EUR along).

most of the route on that map looks awesome; you could probably cut out about 10-20 km by taking a couple shortcuts through the towns if time was running short.
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:03 am

Got the maps in the mail today (thanks amazon.de!)

looks like the blue cross trail and the green/white wave trail go from Ktown to Wissembourg, but the blue cross trail is a bit more direct and shorter and cuts out Rodalben.
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down