Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP

4 posters

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Go down

Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP Empty Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP

Post by Sharpbike Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Hey Jim!

Hope all is well with you and yours...Glad I finally was able to get your contact data thru Emily D. (been trying to reach out to you since Friday)

Well, sorry for the short notice and deadline, but I need to have a firm Route Planned by Friday Morning...Pray that is doable for you?

Requirements outlined here are specified by the decision-makers (ie funders) of WWP and the General (LTG Hertling, USAREUR CG)...Please see if you can come up with something better than last year...if not, we'll be back at last year's site (I WAS listening when we spoke about this and cocur with your concerns).

1. Offpost near the Ktown area (west-side preferred)
2. Loop route is required (as out & back creates a hazard), unless the route is wide enough?
3. Two part route (a) 5 mile fun ride for the kids/spouses that do not ride AND (b) 15-20 mile ride for the remainder of the 'competitors'
4. Start and stop needs to be the same, WITH a wide open area for Fest Tents (to support 700-1000 people)....This is a MUST!

Pray that I am clearly painting a picture for you to plan...please call if you have any questions or concerns.

Respectfully, Ray

Jim,

Thanks sincerely for your efforts...This is of course the culminating community ride - 04AUG (SAT)...The coordination with the locals will be done by a WWP employeee (German LN with tons of experience in such matters) so no worries there, plus the State Polizei has already pledged their support (lessons learned and improvements from last year)

Again...Danke Schoen! VR Ray

Somebody call me if you know of anything.
06306-992326

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP Empty Re: Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP

Post by velo-doc Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 am

Jim,

We would love to be involved. I am leaving tomorrow for Hohenfels and will be TDY at Graf for the next three weeks. Are you more free now to help make this happen? I have tried your number several times today, but no answer. I will PM you my number. If you can make it to the ride/meeting tonight, then we could hammer something out.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP Empty Re: Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP

Post by spookyload Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:27 am

I agree. We all had lots of comments for last years ride. Here is our chance to make it better. Lets find a route that works. Great paths around Weilerbach/Schwedelbach area, and we could probably get their soccer field. That is off the top of my head.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:37 pm

Ya, the paths could work, but we definitely need to make sure that there is a staged start, and we don't send hundreds of people out on the roads/trails at one time. Intersections could be marshaled, and we definitely don't want any gravel trails...like last year.

Please post up any ideas you all have regarding start/stop and possible roads/trails/courses.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior project Needs our Help! ASAP Empty Want to Help

Post by airborne.s2000 Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:33 pm

I have my kit, and am ready to help. Just let me know.

Bobby
airborne.s2000
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down