Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride

+5
velo-doc
spookyload
Zenkem
krocko1
Road_Rage
9 posters

Go down

Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride Empty Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride

Post by Road_Rage Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:53 pm

Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride Wwthon10

We have to do this!! I am registering right now. Smile

http://www.soldierride.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=490978

Last edited by Road_Rage on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride Empty Re: Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride

Post by krocko1 Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm in! This is what we are hear for. We have to show up for this in force!!!!!!! Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride Empty Re: Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride

Post by Zenkem Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:36 pm

Registered!!! cheers cheers cheers
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:20 pm

I will be back in the states, but I am going to take the flyer to work and put it up there for some of the casual riders I work with.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 pm

spookyload wrote:I will be back in the states, but I am going to take the flyer to work and put it up there for some of the casual riders I work with.

Have your buds go to this site and sponsor me. Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.soldierride.org/faf/search/searchParticipants.asp?ievent=490978&lis=1&kntae490978=44FDC7A0923244F9863030BC55F5841B

Daniel Perez
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Im in...wish I had heard about this earlier. Would be great to have a big KMCC presence. I am going to see if I can get it posted on the LRMC daily announcement for a while. Do we have an EZ up/banner, etc?

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 am

Posting to keep it current.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:00 am

OK all,

If you are participating in the soldier ride and don't want me to blow your doors off in collecting donations, help me out here. I've put some Soldier Ride info on the main page of the website. I've also posted my bio and made it SUPER easy for folks to sponsor me.

I'll gladly do the same for any of you guys that are registered for this event so you can drum up support as well. I'm also going to work on some promotional materials and events as well. All you need to do is send me a short bio. If want to send a pic too, that's great. If not, I'll try to use whatever is already on the forum or website (but sending me a pic DOES make it easier on me).

The basic approach I am taking is getting the word out, and making it very easy for folks to go and support our riders with their donations.
I'm looking at making little business cards for each of the riders that has bio info, info about the event, and then directs them to our website so they can click easily on their chosen rider's link to donate.

Also thinking about seeing if folks are interested in a PUB ride to drum up support... basic idea is we get a group to ride from pub to pub (wherever a lot of americans hang out) and hand out cards and drum up support for the ride. Figure we can also be supportive of one of our sponsors, and start and end it at Thursty Nelly's. Thinking about tomorrow night, so y'all can carb up properly for Saturday's marathon! Very Happy

Alright y'all... the gauntlet has been thrown...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:23 am

Sounds good, Jonesy. You're free to use the photo/bio I have on the website. I don't have any good photos in the new KMCC rot und weiss yet. Hopefully we can get some this weekend.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks!! Yours should be up shortly....

Oh and please understand... if you give me a bio and/or permission, I WILL use your real name, and link your page on the Soldier Ride site unless you specifically tell me otherwise.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:33 am

OK Chad, your sponsor link is on the webpage now.

The rest of y'all... the challenge is out there.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Just a Reminder, if you're registered for this and want a link directly to your donation page put on our homepage, post a short write up here or PM it to me, and give me some pics... or at least send me your name and I can link it that way, like I have for Mark and Daniel until they have the time to send me a write up and a photo.

Thanks,
Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Unless we move the start to Daniels house, he likely won't make it. affraid
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:25 pm

spookyload wrote:Unless we move the start to Daniels house, he likely won't make it. affraid
why? ... thoroughly confused...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:56 pm

spookyload wrote:Unless we move the start to Daniels house, he likely won't make it. affraid

You are funny...
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Road_Rage wrote:

You are funny...
WTH? What am I missing?!?!
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Carol Porter, who is organizing this event, has asked our club for help with several things which I will outline below. Please let me know if y'all are interested.. and more importantly, committed, to doing these things, and which thing you would like to committ to doing.

RIDE GROUP LEADERS: For those riding: They need 'group leaders.' This would be a strong rider who can lead a group, and keep the group generally together. The rider will ride at the front of the group and generally coral the group at crossings etc. and will coordinate with polizie etc. at crossings. We will get more details on the exact duties once we have folks willing to do it. Again, this is done in conjunction with your own participation as a rider, so it doesn't preclude your from riding.. in fact, I'd say it makes MORE of an event of your ride! Be prepared though, that there may be some time before hand you have to be willing to give, such as showing up early to recieve a briefing or stuff like that.

MARKING THE COURSE: On the 7th of September, they will be marking the course, and have asked if we'd be interested in helping with this. Not sure what all it entails, but figure it will eb a most-of-the-day event.

SUPPROT TENT AT THE EVENT: They've also said we're more than welcome to set up a tent etc. at the event. Clubs in the past have done this and then offered help to riders (mechanical assistance etc.).

Let me know if you are interested in helping in any of these capacities.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Price Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 pm

I would be willing to volunteer as a ride group leader.

Christian
Christian Price

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Group leader, Support tent.
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:17 pm

I will be out of town when you guys do this, but if you need to borrow the easy up or my fest table and benches feel free to do so. Just get with me before I go on leave.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:11 am

More info on the Ride Group Leader thing.

The organizers have been aksed byt he German Polizie to keep the ride organized into groups with some spacing in between groups. They will not be closing off the roads, only standing by to block and control traffic as needed. They would rather not have to block traffic for two hours while riders string by onesy-twoseys.

So, the idea is to have a group leader, and probably a group trail for each group. The groups are not neccessarily 'regulated' or predetermined, the organizers thing that two or three groups will probably naturally form. They are trying to keep all the vets/wounded warriors together, and they believe there will also be those that want to ride a little faster. Possibly a third group will form somewhere in between.

So, understanding that, is there anyone else that would like to help with ride-group herding?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior Program Soldier Ride Empty Happy to help

Post by velo-doc Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 am

I didn't reply to the original post because I'm planning on having my 11y/o daughter do the long ride with me. Shepherding her will be my primary focus, so I didn't want to commit to being a ride leader. If it's more of a casual thing, then I am happy to help.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:59 am

I've updated the webpage with Sponsor links for Jim and Kendall now as well...

Kendall: If you send me or post here, a photo and a short write up you'd like on your link, I'll gladly put it on there.

Jim: I used the photo from the old race bio. I can also use the write up from there if you'd like OR you could send me, or post here, a short paragraph you'd like put on there. Also, if there is another photo you'd rather use, send it or post it here.

Mark: If you send me a phot and a write up I can update yours as well.

Daniel: Please send me a short write up when you get a chance.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Jonsey,

Use what we already have. I am really busy with school, work and looking for a new job.

Thanks for taking care of this.

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down