Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride

+3
notdeadyetcyclist
velo-doc
Rob.Mackson
7 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Go down

The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride Empty The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride

Post by Rob.Mackson Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 am

*The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride rolls into Bostalsee, Am Seehafen, Germany, Aug. 10. The Soldier Ride is a unique cycling opportunity for wounded veterans to use cycling and the bonds of service to overcome physical, mental or emotional wounds. Sign up open now. Ride with American warriors, International Security Assistance Force Troops from Germany, Poland, Estonia, Norway, Lithuania, and Romania.

For details visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rob.Mackson
Rob.Mackson

Back to top Go down

The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride Empty Re: The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride

Post by velo-doc Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 pm

Is anyone interested in riding to the event? We could meet somewhere a reasonable distance from Bostalsee. Not looking to get huge miles in, but the 14 mile ride just isn't going to cut it.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride Empty Re: The Wounded Warrior Project's Soldier Ride

Post by notdeadyetcyclist Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:36 pm

velo-doc,

Hmmm....we've done this event in the past and it is certainly a good cause but I'll be down in Stuttgart and it's a bit of a drive back for something like this so I don't think I'll make it.

Have you given yourself the green light to start riding again?
notdeadyetcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:54 pm

I am riding the 4 mile with my wife.
airborne.s2000
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 am

Great idea...but my wife is also volunteering...so looks like we'll ride up together. She's working the finish line and I'm doing the ride marshall. Dozer
dozer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:15 am

notdeadyetcyclist wrote:velo-doc,

Hmmm....we've done this event in the past and it is certainly a good cause but I'll be down in Stuttgart and it's a bit of a drive back for something like this so I don't think I'll make it.  

Have you given yourself the green light to start riding again?
Ya, but taking it easy on the bike, so won't be joining the Wed ride for a few weeks. Maybe if the weather cools I will get to make it one last time before I leave.

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gritz Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Planning to ride the 14mile with wife and my son on the back of my bike. If my wife drops out, I'd be up for a longer ride to get there.
Gritz
Gritz

Back to top Go down

Post by mmezest1997 Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 pm

We'll be doing the 4 mile as a family. I would love to do something longer, but since I will be with my daughter (and she's still a bit unsure of herself), we'll just be doing the short route.
mmezest1997

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:19 am

Either way, I will see all of you at the event w/ the KMC Cycling colors on!

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down