Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live

5 posters

Go down

New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live Empty New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live

Post by notdeadyetcyclist Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:14 pm

Just checked into Ramstein and looking for a place to live that'll offer descent mtb'ing without having to throw a bike in the car to get there--any suggestions? Ideally looking for an apartment w/garage to minimize yard work as the rest of the family is living down in Stuttgart and I just need a place for the weekdays. I'm coming in from Colorado Springs where I rode mtb, road & track competitively back in the day. I've got a couple of bikes down in Stuttgart at the moment but my HHGs haven't showed up here yet so I'm bikeless for a bit. Eventually I'll have a 26 hardtail here along with a cross and track bike. Any help is greatly appreciated--thanks.
notdeadyetcyclist

Back to top Go down

New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live Empty Re: New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live

Post by spookyload Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Schopp, Queidersbach, and Hoenecken are all really close to our Woog ride and a short drive to the F-trail. I would look into those villages if you want to live close to the base and riding. Great access to the Pfaltzerwald trails too.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live Empty Re: New to Ramstein and looking for a place to live

Post by notdeadyetcyclist Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:09 am

spookyload wrote:Schopp, Queidersbach, and Hoenecken are all really close to our Woog ride and a short drive to the F-trail. I would look into those villages if you want to live close to the base and riding. Great access to the Pfaltzerwald trails too.

Spookyload--thanks for the response. I drove out to those villages yesterday and I was trying to imagine what the roads are like during the winter esp. the hill up to Schopp. My car here is a 350z rear wheel drive and goes ok in the snow but certainly not through more than a couple of inches of the white stuff. Do the smaller roads get plowed in the winter or just the major ones like the 270? If I ended up nearer to Landsthul or Kaiserslauten is there much riding close to there?
notdeadyetcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:31 am

I'm a fan of Kaiserslautern. I feel like the access is pretty good and you have all the city stuff. You could even take the train back to Stuttgart. Finding a garage may be a challenge.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:15 am

You know, there is so much trail and road around here that it is hard to go wrong. So long as you stay against the hills and have line of sight on the woods, there will be accessible riding. Landstuhl is great, but so is everywhere else. Just avoid the valley and the flight path unless paved wanderwegs are your thing. There is a 30 mile swath between KL and Homburg that is south of the railroad tracks, and every bit of it backs up against the hills and woods...
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by notdeadyetcyclist Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:32 pm

A quick update--I couldn't find anything I was willing to rent between K-town and Homburg so I settled on a new house with a big garage in Ramstein (that is of course assumes housing will approve the lease). I'm hoping that riding over to the good mtb stuff will be fairly easy. Thanks all for the advice.
notdeadyetcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Screws-R-Loose Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:09 pm

notdeadyetcyclist wrote:A quick update--I couldn't find anything I was willing to rent between K-town and Homburg so I settled on a new house with a big garage in Ramstein (that is of course assumes housing will approve the lease). I'm hoping that riding over to the good mtb stuff will be fairly easy. Thanks all for the advice.

I'll be right down the road from you in Katzenbach. Until my car is fixed, I'll be riding to everything as well. Unless of course someone picks me up. Wink Maybe we can check out the trails between us.
Screws-R-Loose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down