Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Tri Star Split race report EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Tri Star Split race report EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tri Star Split race report EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Tri Star Split race report EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Tri Star Split race report EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Tri Star Split race report

Go down

Tri Star Split race report Empty Tri Star Split race report

Post by BrianLask Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:45 pm

1km swim, 100km bike, 10km run.

This was hands down the best field of participants I have ever raced against. There were people from about 17 different countries all down in Croatia. I did the whole and my wife teamed up with Kelly (toto) and another coworker to do the team.

1km swim: I can't swim so I kicked and pulled and nearly drown in the Adriatic sea finishing an amazing 88 out of 89. As a side note this was one of my worst swim performances. My superstar wife finished

100km bike: When I saw the profile and heard how hard the bike was going to be I made a conscious effort to try to calculate my efforts, plus the views were amazing. The heat was rough, and we had no escape from the sun, but I plowed along and finished in 3:56. Kelly rode really well, despite his claims of bonking and finished in 3:40.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10km run: With all the Berglauf's I have done I thought the run was easier than it looked. I was pretty tired but still run my best. There was a little walking going on during some of the hills but I finished 55 out of 89.

I finished 71 out of 89, but had such a great time. The bike is getting put away for a bit, time to focus (aka start) training for the Frankfurt marathon.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down