Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
German Race report for you pleasure or not. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
German Race report for you pleasure or not. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
German Race report for you pleasure or not. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
German Race report for you pleasure or not. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
German Race report for you pleasure or not. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

German Race report for you pleasure or not.

4 posters

:: Races :: MTB Races

Go down

German Race report for you pleasure or not. Empty German Race report for you pleasure or not.

Post by Sharpbike Sun May 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Gollheim German race report.

Well I finally got my first German race over and done with. My goal was to finish with the pack. I didn’t accomplish my goal by about 2 miles. I got dropped on the last lap because I made to beginners mistakes. I wanted to stay up front in the top 20 or so. Started on the front row with Armin we had a good start. Somehow towards the end of the first lap I was on point bring a break back (mistake #1). On the Climb 20% for 200 meters through the start finish I started the climb at the front. Since I worked too hard to bring the break back I went straight out the back. I fought my way back to the group and got up towards the front but on the wrong side (mistake #2) the wind was coming from left to right and I needed to be on the right. I made the climb to start lap 3 with the main field and was good for that lap. I got to far back in the group for the last climb to start final lap (mistake 3). Had to fight my way to get back on, I was getting ready to puke when somebody attacked. I was able to make it to the last village before I got popped out the back. It was hard to watch them ride away on the long straight with a slight head wind. I was the last racers to finish about 3 minutes behind. All in All I am happy with my race. Just have to get back into racing and not make all the beginners mistakes. Here is the race profile from the GPS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

German Race report for you pleasure or not. Empty Re: German Race report for you pleasure or not.

Post by BrianLask Mon May 23, 2011 7:55 am

Hey Jim,

Thats pretty cool that you got to get out and do some racing, and I am sure things will work themselves out in terms of strategy and such. Just think of it this way, you worked bringing the break back and setting the high tempo to set up Arwin! Is it like racing in the states, with different Categories and such?
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

German Race report for you pleasure or not. Empty Thanks for the report

Post by velo-doc Mon May 23, 2011 8:25 am

Jim,

Thanks for posting up the report. It's nice for those of use who wish we were racing more, as well as those of us who aren't really sure what racing is all about. Keep 'em coming...and stop making those beginner mistates...you're no beginner Very Happy
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

German Race report for you pleasure or not. Empty Re: German Race report for you pleasure or not.

Post by Sharpbike Mon May 23, 2011 11:30 am

Here is a link to a video so you can check out the hill this is after my race. Towards the end is a good look at the hill

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Report from the Sunday crit.

This one is easy DNF! Something in my head was saying don't race today! Like the afn guy mac and cheese! No green beans. I decided to race. This was a normal race he who crosses the line first wins. I didn't even make one lap before a ride crossed my front wheel i slap it three time before i was pushed over into another guy and down we went. I got up when to the start finish line and they allowed both back in. I just could keep the pace after that. So i pulled out. I was in the to five when this guy cut into me. Just didn't understand why he kept moving over on me he had lots of room. Well that was that. Maybe next it will be better. Now i have to heal up the right side since the left side just got better.

Have fun on your rides I will be out on tuesday germany speed ride!

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Sorry Jim. Crashing sux. Call it your homage to the Tour de France this year. They have all crashed to. Heal fast.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down