Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.

+8
soto
Tim
eric.allen
BrianLask
krocko1
velo-doc
cllulei
Sharpbike
12 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.

Post by soto Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:30 am

Brian...That's funny. I didn't think of it like that.... You are a survivor. You looked strong going up the second climb. the 3 german riders at the front of the climb ride on tuesdays.
soto

Back to top Go down

Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.

Post by Sharpbike Tue May 10, 2011 12:05 pm

Ok recovery over with from the Marathon I hope.

Now time to destroy them again with the race pace training

Anybody else coming out?
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 Empty If it's dry

Post by velo-doc Tue May 10, 2011 1:10 pm

I'll be in Q-bach tonight if it's dry. Not real enthusiastic about doing 35+mph down twisty valley roads through busy little villages on a slick tarmac. Not sure that I'm real excited about doing it on dry roads!!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue May 10, 2011 4:04 pm

With as little rain as we have had...that first rain is going to make the roads real slick from the carbon/oil residue on the road.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue May 10, 2011 4:11 pm

velo-doc wrote:... 35+mph down twisty valley roads through busy little villages on a slick tarmac...
And this is why I ain't much of a roadie... I'm just plain afraid of road riding!
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Tue May 10, 2011 8:18 pm

That is what road riding is all a out, speed with so nice curves oh yea!!!!!
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Wed May 25, 2011 9:24 pm

Anyone riding tomorrow, Thursday, 27 May? I will be there, unless its pouring rain!
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed May 25, 2011 9:35 pm

I shall be there. Need to get lots more training in for the race in Q-bach on the 5th.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Krocko you better be there!!!!,!,!,
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Thu May 26, 2011 9:14 pm

Very hard ride for the easy day. only started with 6 riders and the extra guy called the wind was very hard.
Here is the profile but I missed about 5 minutes on the return trip.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Anybody coming out to the ride tonight? I plan on it since I missed Tuesday because of the rain.

This is a slower pace than Tuesday but still a good work out.

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:40 pm

I should be there also.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:31 pm

LOL thanks Guys! I have a dream. That one day ONE day I will be able to keep on the hills and not get a flat tire afro
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Tuesday and Thursday German Club Ride.  - Page 2 Empty Hellish wind

Post by velo-doc Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Kendall, it was a fortuitous permaflat you had...the wind on top of the climb was brutal. Thanks for the good workout guys. Good luck to Jim and Kendall in the Q-bach race this weekend. I'll be relaxing on the Rhine.

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:12 am

That was a hard ride for an easy night. The wind was just killing us on the top.
Chad had a motor on his bike last night.
Kendal was tired so he let the air out he didn't want to ride the hill or fight the wind.

Kendal see you on Sunday at the race.

Chad Enjoy the Rhein.

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:31 am

I guess Thursday became the hard ride when Tuesday was cancelled by rain Cool
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Thanks for the good wishes! My wife gace me Beer money for after the race. So no matter what happens I'm a winner!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Anybody coming out tonight for the speedfest!! Twisted Evil

Hopefully the rain will stay away. Very Happy

See you there
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:45 pm

If the rain holds off, I am there.
Slim
Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:58 pm

Well tonights ride was great we missed most of the rain. It had just before we came through so we only had some wet roads. The fast section were dry.

But when you have slightly wet road after along sunny period you get slippery road.

some advise. when entering the Bann traffic circle coming down the hill slow down to under 20mph.

I now have a inch slice in my left arm some cuts on the leg and a 5 inch diameter road race on the left hip.

My rear wheel is out of true and my rear shifter don't work and the garmin is out of commision for awhile everything works just can't see anything on the screen.

Not sure how much the total damage will be. I am hope Eric can work some magic so I won't have to buy a new Dura Ace shift.

I have to race this weekend.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Thanks for the ride Chad and the clean up of the arm.
Great ride tonight. even if I will be very sore in the morning.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Man that sucks Jim. I know you will feel like you have been hit by a MACK truck in the morning. Get better fast.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Sorry to hear that Jim. I am curious though, did you guys do the normal route? I left a few minutes early and expected to be caught in the valley, and ended up soloing the whole ride. Did the Hoenoid climb to Hermersberg and Weselberg. I am sure I rode faster looking over my shoulder but never saw you guys...
Hope it heals quickly.

T
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Tim, and Spooky

thanks for the get well comments

Tim we did the normal route but after the valley pace line the went kinda of slow and then on the second climb the went really slow.

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:31 pm

thanks, was wondering...made me go faster imagining the juggernaut coming up from behind..

See you guys on thurs, although don't know if Jim will be healed.
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Hope all heals fast!!! That pain is still fresh in my memory banks and I wouldn't wish it on anyone...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next