Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series

4 posters

:: Races :: MTB Races

Go down

U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series Empty U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series

Post by Zenkem Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series Empty Re: U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series

Post by Zenkem Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:45 pm

Hohenfels MTB Race Saturday, June 9, 2012

Kaiserslautern MTB Race (Rodenbach MTB Time Trial) Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bamberg MTB Race Saturday, August 11, 2012

Garmisch Fat Tire Festival Saturday, September 8, 2012
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series Empty Last Call - US Forces Europe MTB Series

Post by MJ Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:58 am

The final race in the US Forces MTB Series is Saturday, Garmisch. We will be departing tomorrow morning, and returning Sunday. There are plenty of options for lodging. If you would like to go, post up or send a message. Should be a great event, and the more the merrier!

M
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series Empty Re: U.S. Forces Europe Mountain Bike Championship Series

Post by Zenkem Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 am

MJ wrote:The final race in the US Forces MTB Series is Saturday, Garmisch. We will be departing tomorrow morning, and returning Sunday. There are plenty of options for lodging. If you would like to go, post up or send a message. Should be a great event, and the more the merrier!

M

Where's the Race Report??? Enquiring minds want to know...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Four brave souls from the KMC Cycling Club lined up for a Bavarian style walloping, at the 2012 Fat Tire Spectacular, Saturday, in Garmisch. The longest running race in Europe (27 years), the Garmisch crew knows how to put on a event! This was the shortest course in the series at approximately 18 kilometers. What it lacked in distance and singletrack, it made up for with a mandatory run-up, and plenty of local talent. The field of approximately 40 riders shot off from Kean’s Lodge at high noon. Pre-race strategy quickly shifted to survival, and struggling to keep the backside of those Bavarians in site! It did not take long for the field to string in the first of 5 laps around the course. Midway through, Eric suffered a mechanical which ended his day, as Chad, George, and myself suffered. The pain ended in just under an hour. KMC cycling managed to hang on, placing 2 riders in the top 10. The other 8 were German, including an amazing rider with carbon prosthetic leg! He beat me. I’m OK with this. I was just happy I managed to stay ahead of Mrs. Bloomer, also on a rigid singlespeed, who finished 10th. Rad! They had some serious hardware for the well deserving race winners!

By Saturday afternoon and the conclusion of the US Forces Europe MTB Series, the KMC crew started resembling the A Team, with some serious neck bling! Chad proved that knocking on the door of 40 does not slow you down, claiming 1st in the Men’s Senior division, and 6th in the race. Well done! George went into the race trailing in the points standings, after missing the race in Kaiserslautern while on leave. We were up all night crunching numbers, and determining what needed to happen on race day to cover the deficit. A tie looked imminent, and an acceptable tiebreaker would have been a 1 lap, head to head slugfest! While that would have been great for entertainment for everyone else, George took care of business in the race! He claimed 2nd for the series for the Men’s Open, with a couple points to spare. Awesome! I managed to hang in there and take 1st in the series for the Men’s Open. Great season for the KMC Cycling Club!

The race was followed by some festivities, a killer bonfire (thanks George), bier, and good company at Kean’s Lodge. George and I were able to hook up with one of the seasoned locals for a great ride Sunday Morning! Planning for next year has begun, including a Clydesdale class (200+ lbs.), more single track, and entire weekends full of family friendly fun.

See you there!

Lars
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Good stuff!!! Congrat's to y'all KMC Racers... cheers cheers cheers
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:54 pm

Great times had by all. I'm not looking forward to being in the Senior division next year where I will have the opportunity to be crushed by 2 people--Chad and Justin--versus this year where I only had to try in vain to keep Mike in sight.

Mike should also get some sort of award for having a different rigid SS at each race.

Perhaps the most impressive showing, however, was the ride on Sunday AM through the German Alps. Our group passed a German and his wife; the German dude was riding a fully 29er and grew rather upset at Mike, Leigh, and I passed him. A few minutes passed and the German dude flew by Leigh and I but when he tried to pass Mike--with both of them going up the side of the mountain--Mike cleared gapped him on his rigid SS and left the German dude in his dust. Word.

gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:17 am

Ha! I'm not sure if that story would sound the same, had we continued to the top of the mountain. He was pretty upset about the whole situation. His wife looked a little upset when she passed our position, at the scenic overlook, several minutes later. I’m sure the rest of their day was delightful!

I look forward to some more riding in the area, and possibly some multiday adventures with the proper equipment.

The Men’s Senior division is going to be a tough group, next year. I’m glad I won’t have to mix it up with the three of you! I hope things settle back into a routine and we see Mr. Sharp back on the bike for 2013. Pretty impressed that Jim, Chris, and Justin show for one race, stomp everyone, and finish top 5 for the series for their age groups! Nice work guys! We need to work on getting a woman, or two, into the series next year!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:03 am

Congratulations to all you guys for the strong showing and wrapping up the overall's. Someone should do a short write-up on the race and the series with podium pictures sporting the bling for the KA. If you need help writing or where to submit, let me know and I can help. But this publicity for the club is to good to pass up and is a great tool for awareness and recruitment.

Did anyone do the "Amazing Race" on Sunday?
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 pm

we opted for the ride with leigh instead of the "Amazing Race". the start time for the race was 2 PM which wasn't ideal for anyone traveling in from afar.
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down