Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Need help with the website EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Need help with the website EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Need help with the website EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Need help with the website EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Need help with the website EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Need help with the website

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Need help with the website Empty Need help with the website

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 am

ALL,
I need some help building and maintaining the content of the website.

I've already described how to build nad send me content for the website under the topic 'What do YOU wnat on the website?' If you have ideas for more complex/interactive content, feel free to send me a note and we'll figure out how to make it work.

I need volunteers to help build content for the following sections if you are interested, send me a note:

EVENTS--Once we get our PO stauts and start scheduling more events, We'll need some to builg anouncements etc for thos events. This one should be pretty simple and straightforward and easy to maintian as I describe int he other topic.

RESOURCES/ROAD RIDING--I'm not much of a roadie so I need someone to build up this section with info that would be useful to roadies in the area... routes, good rule sof the road... recommended gear... etc.

RESOURCES/MOUNTAIN BIKING/TRAIL GUIDES--I'd like to build some online guides for our favorite trails... right now I'm looking at doing Gelterswoog, Landstuhl, Rodalben and the Beilstein Trail. What I need are volunteers to build a guide for each trail. This would sonsit of getting pictures of the trail head, and several points, scenic shots, key intersections along the way. Then, build up a powerpoint like I describe in the 'What do YOU want on the website' post, with the following content; overview description of trail, location of trailhead/parking, standard group ride times, description of key features/hills/descents/etc., description of any amenities/eating/etc. in the area. Send me all of this along with a GPX track of the trail (the most commonly ridden route OR several optional routes).

more will follow, but any volunteers to help with these sections woudl be appreciated.

This is all presuming that you all see value in building and maintaining these sections of the website. If you guys think they're not really needed, feel free to say so, and I can trim down the website.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down