Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Website Changes EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Website Changes EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Website Changes EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Website Changes EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Website Changes EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Website Changes

+2
thedude76
Jonesy
6 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Website Changes Empty Website Changes

Post by Jonesy Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I've made some primarily stylistic changes to the website (currently mostly on the home page, but that will work its way to the other pages as well).

I'll try to work in a little color once we get the Jerseys back, but for now the intent is to improve the aesthetics and increase the contrast.

It's the club's website, not mine, so please feel free to let me know what you think of the changes,a dn let me know what you would like to see on the website.

Thanks,
Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Website Changes Empty Re: Website Changes

Post by thedude76 Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:57 pm

How about some more up to date pics. We have a lot of good group photos and misc pics on the FB page that can be copied to the homepage as well.

Also more links to to pages with info about the area and cycling related web pages.

I think the new design looks pretty good.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:19 am

I forgot there was actually a home page. I have the forum as the saved link.

Edit...just looked at the home page. Very nice.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:11 am

The home page looks good but I kinda like the old one better...THX for all the hard work in making us look so great...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:08 pm

Jonesy,

Thanks for the work on the website. I would, however, recommend that the text be made to run East-West. The Northwest to Southeast makes me just want to turn my head to read it.

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kstew Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:29 pm

Experimenting feels fun! Great job updating and trying new ideas. My only concern is for some reason part of the writing on the right hand side is cut off. That could be an issue with my computer and the way it's imaged or something (I'm so not a computer guru).
kstew

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Didn't you set up a paypal link for the club when you did the wool jerseys? Can you get it posted on the site so folks can donate?
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:30 pm

All,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

@Chad--I Straightened the text back out again...

@Steve--I've added a streamingphoto show next to the mission statement that shows photos that are uploaded to the club Flickr. Once I make sure there are no bugs etc. I'll pass on the login and password to some of y'all so you can add photos yourself. That'll keep the photos mroe up-to-date than I really have time to do by myself.

@Steve--Yep I set up a paypal account but I have to validate our tax exemption status. I'll PM you concerning that.

@Kirsten--I think I've fixed any wierd cropping/cutting off issues... if it still happens please let me know.

@Mark--You're opinion doesn't really matter since you disagree with me. Razz OK, OK, Just kidding! The intent with the new design is to give it a little more contrast and a more vibrant feel. I still plan on working design elements from the jersey back into the design once we finalize that. What was it specifically that you preferred int he old design, that I might be able to still work into this one?

All, Thanks again for your feedback, it's what helps make it a better site. I know a lot of us don't neccessarily look at the site on a dialy basis, we just go right here to the forum, but it's a potential landing spot for a lot of incoming folks... BTW if you google cycling club kaiserslautern, we're the number 2 hit.... Don't worry, I'm working on number one!!

Last edited by Jonesy on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Jonesy wrote:@Mark--You're opinion doesn't really matter since you disagree with me. Razz OK, OK, Just kidding! The intent with the new design is to give it a little more contrast and a more vibrant feel. I still plan on working design elements from the jersey back into the design once we finalize that. What was it specifically that you preferred int he old design, that I might be able to still work into this one?

I thought the old one was pretty vibrant??? I guess the main thing is the color scheme in the background which you already mentioned...I really like the chain-rings for the links...THX again for all your hard work, you ROCK!!! cheers cheers cheers
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Looks good, Jonesy. I appreciate your willingness to take constructive criticism...and actually use it. That kind of attitude is what's going to keep the club moving in the right direction.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kstew Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Jonesey I was just looking at the site and it's looking really good. Nice job!
kstew

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down