Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
In love with the Road EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
In love with the Road EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
In love with the Road EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
In love with the Road EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
In love with the Road EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

In love with the Road

3 posters

Go down

In love with the Road Empty In love with the Road

Post by OCD_in_the_knee Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:21 pm

Hello All,
I've been living in the KMC since October; oh, how sweet the life of the Army spouse has been for me!

I have been a Road Cyclist for just over 5 years and I love it! I have never deviated from that hard paved path, and it is unlikely that I will; even if there are some amazing trails that you can't ignore. I did a lot of race training while I was in College, but I always enjoyed the casual ride too much to commit to racing; however, I would like to get back on that racing path and get a license. That will come with time, but for now I just want to ride! I have been counting down the days until the weather is favorable for a good long ride and I was told that this was the place to find one. So, what's the next step! Does anyone want to get out and hit the open road?
OCD_in_the_knee
OCD_in_the_knee

Back to top Go down

In love with the Road Empty Re: In love with the Road

Post by Sharpbike Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:05 pm

Well you have come to the right place. Now if the weather would just warm up a little we will be good to go.

We do you live at? I try to get out at lunch 3 to 4 days a week. I work on Rhine ordanance Barracks (ROB).

If you post a ride on the site or watch the site we post rides here all the time.

Welocome to the site and hope to see you on the road and maybe we can convert you to a little trail riding.

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by OCD_in_the_knee Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:04 pm

My wife works on the ROB, I am there just about everyday at lunch. Let me know when and where and I'm ready to ride.
OCD_in_the_knee
OCD_in_the_knee

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:53 am

This is my kind of guy, military spouse is the way to go. I also am a huge road rider (although I did buy a mountain bike last summer, something you could consider) Once school lets out, I am off every day, and would be ready to ride all the time.

BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down