Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
New member EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
New member EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
New member EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
New member EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
New member EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

2 posters

Go down

New member Empty New member

Post by jswinfen Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:16 am

Hello everyone, I am new to the group and was interested in finding out some information. I couldn't determine if anyone gets together for group road rides or not? Unfortunately I haven't ridden in a little over a year due to various obligations but really want to get back into it. Are there any group rides out there for newbies (probably where I am back to at this point)?

Would love to get some information and get back into the saddle.

Thanks,

Joe
jswinfen

Back to top Go down

New member Empty Re: New member

Post by eurotrash Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:44 am

First, welcome to KMC Cycling!
We do have regular mountain bike and road rides, but you must be logged in to view them in the forum. What type of riding are you interested in, and what is your skill level? There are enough of us doing bike things to get you into a group that is a good match. New riders are always welcome!
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by jswinfen Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:19 am

I am interested in doing both. Probably would be a little more interested in MTB but I have to be honest my bike is pretty low tech, will probably upgrade as my skills advance. My skill level is probably intermediate at best but would love to get started and work my way up. Thanks for the help!!
jswinfen

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:30 am

Well, you could give the Thursday ride a try. It is technically tame trail, but has some climbs that will let you know where your aerobic fitness stands. It is about 2.5 hours of exercise. If you do PT regularly, it is no problem. Good for getting back on a bike. The Tuesday ride is shorter, and not very demanding on the climbs- however the terrain is very technical, which requires comfort in your bike handling ability. It is not for everyone, but is fun and challenging if you like working through the roots and rocks.

If you want to work on your fitness, the trails between the Landstuhl Castle and Kindsbach are a good choice. There are well-marked nordic fitness circuits to follow. Also the three draws leading west from Gelterswoog offers a lot of gently-graded fire road along with some nice scenery.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by jswinfen Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks,

I will possibly try and come out for the Thursday ride.
jswinfen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down