Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald

+2
spookyload
thedude76
6 posters

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald Empty Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald

Post by thedude76 Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Sunday, 06 May 2012 Start 0800-1000

This is a nice tour to ride and it is just down the road. This is a MTB tour in Pirmasens put on by the 1.MTB-Club Pirmasens. A few of us to part in this last year and it is a good time. You can even bring the family out for the short track. This is a great chance to ride some new trail and meet some new folks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by thedude76 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald Empty Re: Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald

Post by spookyload Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Agree that it is a great ride. Not super technical and not a ton of climbing. We breezed the 50k pretty fast last year if I remember right. We even got a prize for being the largest club to represent last year...alcohol free beer that I am sure Steve still has.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald Empty Re: Pirmasens CTF Rund um den Sommerwald

Post by Zenkem Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 pm

What are the stats on this Ride??? This is a week before Gäsbock and I'd like to get some serious vert this weekend (1500 minimum)...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:21 am

Is this a show and go type of event, or do we need to preregister?

Mark - we can ride from K-town to the event, do it, then back. This should put you around that 1500 goal for the day, eh?
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:33 am

MJ wrote:Is this a show and go type of event, or do we need to preregister?

Mark - we can ride from K-town to the event, do it, then back. This should put you around that 1500 goal for the day, eh?

I like the way you think...I was already thinking 'bout leaving from the house. Just wondering what the stats are for the event???
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

this is a show and go.
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:21 pm

thedude76 wrote:this is a show and go.

Steve, what's your Garmin profile look like from last year???
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:29 pm

25km 440hm for the short route last year. The corse should be different this year though.
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:41 pm

Cool, I think I am free and will probably roll out for this one.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:39 pm

I think I'm in as well. I'll be bringing a few folks with me Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:05 pm

What time dose everyone plan to show up at the start??? I'm going to roll out from the house so I need to plan accordingly...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:26 am

I'm not going to be able to do this ride after all. My 29'er developed a crack in the frame so I knocked the dust off the C'dale and took it out yesterday. I've come to the conclusion that doing an Epic on a 26'er is just not going to happen... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yes, 3" makes that much of a difference...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 am

Zenkem wrote:I'm not going to be able to do this ride after all. My 29'er developed a crack in the frame so I knocked the dust off the C'dale and took it out yesterday. I've come to the conclusion that doing an Epic on a 26'er is just not going to happen... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Bummer! I would look for a steel replacment if I were you Mark. Long life, smooth ride and you can weld them!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:09 am

MJ wrote:
Zenkem wrote:I'm not going to be able to do this ride after all. My 29'er developed a crack in the frame so I knocked the dust off the C'dale and took it out yesterday. I've come to the conclusion that doing an Epic on a 26'er is just not going to happen... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Bummer! I would look for a steel replacment if I were you Mark. Long life, smooth ride and you can weld them!

Replacement frame is already on its way...I had to stay with Aluminum but this one is a more reputable brand...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am

Sorry to hear that the 26" is a total dealbreaker. People say the frames that have them funny pivots and shocks and moving bits offer a really smooth, controllable ride... So I hear, anyway. Could just be a bunch of hokum, people say carbon bars are stiffer than aluminum and tubeless tires grip better and roll smoother or other craziness like that, but since you're replacing a frame it may be worth a try, and help on those epic rides.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 pm

I wouldn't skip the ride because of the bike. We did it last year and it honestly was less demanding than a Woog ride. We cruised it without any difficulty. 3" only makes a difference in your head.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Zenkem wrote:
Thats what she said.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:33 pm

spookyload wrote:3" only makes a difference in your head.

It's my back that misses those extra inches. These old bones don't adapt to change very well. Like I said yesterday, "I feel like I belong to Fight Club again". Still undecided on the Marathon, I was referring to doing the Epic from the house. I might be able to do the 25K but I'll be getting there with aid of fossil fuel...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:39 pm

My neighbor is selling an e-bike. This is one of the good ones, not the discount department store version. It’s got the big wheels you crave and a suspension seat post! The dual battery setup should be an equalizer when the hills come around.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:17 pm

Zenkem wrote:
spookyload wrote:3" only makes a difference in your head.

It's my back that misses those extra inches. These old bones don't adapt to change very well. Like I said yesterday, "I feel like I belong to Fight Club again". Still undecided on the Marathon, I was referring to doing the Epic from the house. I might be able to do the 25K but I'll be getting there with aid of fossil fuel...

I also heard somewhere that hardtails are rough on the old bones... If 29" wheels smooth your ride, imagine what a modest 100mm of squish can do for an aching back! I dunno, it's probably just marketing hype like them new-fangled disc brakes. Calipers worked for me for years, don't see what all the hubbub about stopping safely is about.

MJ wrote:My neighbor is selling an e-bike. This is one of the good ones, not the discount department store version. It’s got the big wheels you crave and a suspension seat post! The dual battery setup should be an equalizer when the hills come around.
Does it come with a handicapped parking placard? I think the Oma next door rides one of those bikes.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:54 pm

eurotrash wrote:

If 29" wheels smooth your ride, imagine what a modest 100mm of squish can do for an aching back!

A FS 29er will be in the near future but now is not the time...

MJ wrote:My neighbor is selling an e-bike.

If only there wasn't such a big weight penalty...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Zenkem wrote:

A FS 29er will be in the near future but now is not the time...

I just had to push the hard sell Twisted Evil . It's a one-way path, so make sure you're ready. Reassure your hardtail that you will pick her up once or twice a season after you've made the switch just for the nostalgia.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Fri May 04, 2012 9:43 pm

WHat time do ya'll want to start? Is a 0930 start good?
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

What's the advertised start time? And who wants to meet for chow afterward?
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Fri May 04, 2012 10:20 pm

eurotrash wrote:What's the advertised start time? And who wants to meet for chow afterward?

between 0800-1100
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next