Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together

3 posters

Go down

Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together Empty Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together

Post by BigWheels Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 am

I would like to host a pre-Thanksgiving get together for families, Saturday, November 19th. There are no cross races close that weekend, and it is the weekend before Thanksgiving weekend. We would provide the meats (turkey/ham) and drinks (beer/wine/soda), and everyone could bring a side dish. I was thinking between 2 and 3pm for eating, and if there was enough interest, we could do a pre-feast ride more than likely on the cross bikes, possibly to Potzberg and back. My wife would watch the kids and entertain in our absence.

Let's see how much interest there is, so please post up if you would be interested and how many would attend. More details to follow.

Justin
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together Empty Re: Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together

Post by mountaincat Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Sounds like it could be a good time. Not a definite at this point, but would be looking at 4. Are the cross bikes riding strictly on pavement or taking up the dirt?

Chris
mountaincat
mountaincat

Back to top Go down

Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together Empty Re: Pre-Thanksgiving Family Get-together

Post by BigWheels Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:09 am

The ride would be a mix with an effort to keep to forest roads with limited pavement. Us North of 6 do not have the singletrack at hand as the southerners, but have more open valleys. It is even possible to climb to Potzberg via trails, so I guess what I am saying is the ride would be cross bike optimum, mountain bike ok, and probably not road bike friendly. This again would all be dependent upon weather and how much precip we received previously. And of course, enough interest to get a ride in before we eat.

This is a chance for the KMC Cyling Club to come together, families or solo, and meet, greet, eat, and drink.

BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:16 am

Count me in for at least three (2 adults and one wee-lass). And because I know all you roadies are on some wierdo paleo-what-the-flap diet, I'll bring some sort of potato or other starch dish for us mere dietary mortals!

Thanks for puttin' this on!
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:20 am

Doesn't appear to be enough interest or folks around next weekend for a Thanksgiving get-together, Jonesy and I could just as ride and hit a doner stand on the way home. So will CANCEL the party or Postpone till a better date comes about.

Justin
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down