Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Just getting settled in EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Just getting settled in EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Just getting settled in EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Just getting settled in EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Just getting settled in EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Just getting settled in

5 posters

Go down

Just getting settled in Empty Just getting settled in

Post by DZFan14 Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 pm

I just PCSd into KTown from Wiesbaden. I found out about this place through Spookyload on another forum. I work on Kleber and found a house in Munchweiler. So far I have been riding out of my hotel (Novotel by the stadium) and doing a solo 32 mile loop down L504 to 48? then L499 and back. Roads are great with few if any cars so I am pretty stoked about the riding prospects here.

I want to start getting back into some group rides. So far on some of the other threads I have noticed that there is a Tue/Thu German club ride and some rides on the weekends. Where do you guys normally meet up? thanks in advance.
DZFan14

Back to top Go down

Just getting settled in Empty Re: Just getting settled in

Post by spookyload Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Welcome. Are you only a road rider? The German rides you were talking about are in a town called queidersbach. Not too many km's from where you are staying. Hope to see you soon!
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by DZFan14 Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Spooky,

I ride it all. My mountain bike is in my household goods which I don't have yet. I also have a cyclocross bike, but I only have that because I needed something to ride in Baghdad when I was deployed last year. I definitely want to get into some cross this fall.

I might have to give the German ride a shot tommorow.
DZFan14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:01 pm

Welcome to the area. The ride in Quiedersbach starts in the center of town on the huaptstrasse. We leave at 5:30 thursday nights ride is a slower pace than tuesday nights ride. Look forwards to riding with you. I also ride everything from racing road, MTB and Cross.

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Cross bike will be handy for the road rides in the winter. Jim, Chad, and a few others hit the road with snow on the road on cross bikes. When your MTB gets here, you are in for a treat with some of the trails in the area.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by DZFan14 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Sharpbike wrote:Welcome to the area. The ride in Quiedersbach starts in the center of town on the huaptstrasse. We leave at 5:30 thursday nights ride is a slower pace than tuesday nights ride. Look forwards to riding with you. I also ride everything from racing road, MTB and Cross.

Jim

Thanks. 5:30 may be cutting it close but I'll do my best.
DZFan14

Back to top Go down

Post by DZFan14 Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:38 pm

spookyload wrote:Cross bike will be handy for the road rides in the winter. Jim, Chad, and a few others hit the road with snow on the road on cross bikes. When your MTB gets here, you are in for a treat with some of the trails in the area.

Cool. I road the Cross bike last winter too. I wasn't tough enough to ride in the snow however.
DZFan14

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 am

DZ,

Welcome to K-town. There are a couple of us that work on this side of town also. We have been trying to do some lunch time rides (15-20 miles). We take off from Panzer Kaserne and ride to Frankenstein. I will post it up whenever we go again.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:37 pm

To add to Daniel's post, we also do trail rides at lunch from the Panzer/Kleber area.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by DZFan14 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:00 pm

Road_Rage wrote:DZ,

Welcome to K-town. There are a couple of us that work on this side of town also. We have been trying to do some lunch time rides (15-20 miles). We take off from Panzer Kaserne and ride to Frankenstein. I will post it up whenever we go again.

Cool let me know.
DZFan14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum