Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11

+3
BrianLask
Sharpbike
soto
7 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Go down

Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 Empty Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11

Post by soto Wed May 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Anyone going to do the Quidersbach group ride tomorrow?
soto

Back to top Go down

Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 Empty Re: Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11

Post by Sharpbike Wed May 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Yep i will be there. I think a couple of others that will be there to.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Wed May 04, 2011 9:35 pm

I will be riding as well.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wed May 04, 2011 10:23 pm

Me too. T
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 pm

An evening ride on Cinco de Mayo better end with cervesa.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 pm

All,
Tonight’s ride is a not drop ride. The pass will be set by Armin since it is his club. The other night we had a person get dropped because of a mechanical and nobody stopped to check and ensure he was alright. We finally got stop by Armin and he gave all the rules of the road for his rides. Just so everyone understands the rules.
Tuesday night is a very fast training ride that will not start until we get through the first village at the bottom of the hill. Then it will go into a pace line before the sprint. Next is a regrouping into a moderate speed until the last climb.

Thursday’s night ride is a more casual ride still a no drop style ride and the pass will be moderate. Tonight Armin will set the pace to ensure that all makes it up the hill with the group or we will regroup at the top. It still will be a good ride training ride that will improve your speed and handling skills.
Just want to make sure we all understand so that we don’t have a conflict with our hosts. Hope to see more out there tonight.

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 Empty Quidersbach group ride 19 May

Post by BrianLask Thu May 19, 2011 11:42 am

I am going to the ride tonight, upset I missed out last week! See you guys there!
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Thu May 19, 2011 10:12 pm

Did the ride go early or change routes? I was there at 1738 at the bottom of the first climb and waited for you guys and never saw you. Ralph, one of the german riders and I went the whole route backwards and still didn't see you guys. T
Tim

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Thu May 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Yeah it was a different route, past the hospital then circled around through massweiler to the normal route, then took the easier climb back with a bunch of Germans attacking. Fast ride, can't imagine how fast the Tuesday ride is now.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by soto Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 am

It was longer. For those riding in the future, the rides are probably going to be longer than in April and May. the ride today was probably 10 km longer and faster than before. A handful kept taking digs on the climbs, at least ramping up the pace. It was a good training ride. Weather was great.
soto

Back to top Go down

Q'Bach group ride 4 May 11 Empty Pace set by Armin?

Post by velo-doc Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 am

Jim,

Regarding the previous post where you asserted that the pace will be set by Armin, because it is "his club." The ride on Tuesday was fairly lame, with double paceline all the way up the big climb. Was this somehow arranged before the ride started? If Armin is going to try and dictate the pace of what is supposed to be a tough training ride, then count me out. I agree with looking out for your fellow rider, but having the pace set by how hard one guy wants to go is ludicrous. We, of course, don't know exactly what was said when he "gave the rules of the road for his rides", because it was all in German. I think that it would be reasonable to speak with Armin and find out exactly what it is he is tyring to do with the ride. I am not interested in making any waves with the local clubs, so I think we should keep things on the up-and-up with he and the other guys in the ride.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Fri May 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Chad,

I will talk with Armin to so that we can make sure we get a good work out on Tuesday nights. I thought that was lame and next time I will go to the front and make it worth our while to show up. I will let you know what I find out after I talk to him. Thank you for your input. We want to make all ride enjoyable or painful so that we can inprove ourself.

Have a great weekend.

Jim
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm

lol![/quote][quote] I can't help but make a comment! First of all if your going so darn fast that you don't know that someone's missing, hurt or has mech problems, then why ride in a group in the first place. Second, If you don't like someone dictating the pace because for all intensive purposes it is there ride! Then don't ride. And lastly if you don't want to make waves. Then don't post somthing like this that thay can read. You go and talk to them yourself! Jim said it all correctly. No translation needed. No need to talk to him again. You see not all Tue rides are balls to the wall. These guys race on the weekends and actually need recovery time. Next time just ask how fast are you going to go. If you don't like it leave! Start your own Tuesday ride! Very Happy This is all from the horses mouth! PEACE!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down