Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
30 April MTB ride EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
30 April MTB ride EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
30 April MTB ride EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
30 April MTB ride EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
30 April MTB ride EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

30 April MTB ride

+4
Jonesy
Big Wave
spookyload
timmyedge
8 posters

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

30 April MTB ride Empty 30 April MTB ride

Post by timmyedge Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:57 pm

Hello all,
I am stationed down at Spangdahlem, the trial riding here is great. But I have heard great things about the trails up near you guys. Mainly the F-Trail. I have to drop a friend off on base on the 30th in the morning, since ill be up there and all would anyone like to go for a ride and show me the trails up there? Id be greatly appreciative, and it give me a chance to meet yall. If anyone is ever down in my neck of the woods, or wants to come down and ride feel free to let me know. My wife is deploying this summer so ill have plenty of free time to ride..lol you all know what im talking about. You can write me on here, email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or call me at 015123519084. Hope to hear from you.

Timmy

PS im just bought a roadie and loving it so far, so im down for that as well, but rather ride trails this weekend.
timmyedge
timmyedge

Back to top Go down

30 April MTB ride Empty Re: 30 April MTB ride

Post by spookyload Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:21 pm

We were talking yesterday about maybe doing the F-trail on Saturday. Keep checking in here to see how it unfolds. There is a group of us doing a Marathon the following weekend, so we are looking for a decently long ride and had talked about hitting it there.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

30 April MTB ride Empty Your reply

Post by Big Wave Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:25 pm

This guy from Spangdahlem wants to tour the F-trail. If you told me maybe, I'd take it as No. If you want to increase friendships with fellow mountain bikers cyclists, start being direct and truthful without mental reservation. If I were there, I'd say, C'mon let's go ride.
Big Wave
Big Wave

Back to top Go down

30 April MTB ride Empty Maybe

Post by Jonesy Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Timmy, how early are you looking to ride?

Although I love biking, I do have other committments as well, so I have to keep it as a MAYBE until later in the week.

Let me know what time you'd like to ride and we'll see what we can put together.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Last edited by spookyload on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : OT and not needed)
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Wave Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:38 am

Spooky,
The best cycling friends I had would be able to quickly organize and make committed decisions for the love of the sport and camraderie. If you weren't planning on riding, they would already persuade your wife/girlfriend ahead of time. They would infiltrate your residence, grab you, your stuff, and place it in the car. We didn't have a decision. Even hung-over these guys were including you in their plans.

As far as training plans, who has time to train and become a pro? I would place in the top-3 every season in the US Armed Forces and PCS'd to Arizona and did the state point series there. I tell you the level of competition was far superior than our competition in Europe, unless you are doing the German marathon series, 100km races and gunning for the top 10 positions, then you are a recreational rider.

All of us, are amateur. To take it too seriously would infringe on our relationships, work, and life. A huge commitment. But I still thinks its trivial when you have an opportunity to ride the F-trail with one of our comrades in blue. I would rather spend time with good people who enjoy the sport religiously, than herd a bunch of Cat-3's who can't ride because of plans or who don't enjoy the ride, people, our culture.

How about weather? The RACC riders were always punching out because it was getting cloudy. I couldn't believe this... I think time management plays here, if it is your slot time, your gonna ride even if it's short of severe weather. At least I would.

I commend the folks who ride earnestly, without fail, quick to include others, and rain or shine, who can manage their time, thoughtful to the care of others out there. I'm just offering my perspective.
Big Wave
Big Wave

Back to top Go down

30 April MTB ride Empty Maybe

Post by GoPre Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

How early is the ride? I plan on riding if it starts about the same as last weekends ride. I will also need directions to the start.

Bill

GoPre
GoPre

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm

GoPre wrote: How early is the ride? I plan on riding if it starts about the same as last weekends ride. I will also need directions to the start.

Bill

Man, 0800 again!?? lol! I am definitely down for this Rodalben ride. drunken
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:42 pm

I am in for sure too. 0800 might hurt a little. Is 0900 OK with everyone.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:34 am

I can do 0900.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:46 am

I am good for 0900. Very Happy
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

30 April MTB ride Empty 0900 is OK

Post by Jonesy Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:16 am

I could do 0900 as well, but I have two points:

First, I'd like to see if Tim, our out of town guest, can make it... If he posts a different time... I'll do my best to meet his time so he has someone showing him the legendary F trail.

Second, part of the reason I prefer earlier starts is that technically, bikes are forbiden from the F-trail. It is posted on their site, and recently they have put up several 'no biking' signs (like the do not enter but with a bike and a big red slash through the bike). Some of the forstmeisters are very adamat about this... some not so much. Although the rule is generally un-enforced, the more we interfere with hikers, the more we make our presence known there, the more they will be inclined to enforce the rule. The less we interact (even positively) with hikers the more likely our presence will be overlooked. The hikers tend to start coming out in droves around 10 a.m. there are some around 9:00 and very few before then. Although we do our best ride courteously, and I almost always yield the trail, even when offered the trail by the hiker, the very best situation is that we are not on the trails when the majority of the hikers are there.
I'll go at 9:00 with y'all, but it's somethign we need to maek sure we are aware of as the season draws on and the hiker traffic increases.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyedge Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:09 pm

ALL,
I wont be up in the area untill around 1100. My main purpose for going up there is to drop her off. You all say we need to start at 0800 to get in and get out without causing a fuss? I can do 0800 but not this weekend. If you all want to get together a week or two later I am def game for that. I have a friend that might even tag along then. What you all think? Another weekend?
timmyedge
timmyedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Tim,

Someone rides there almost every weekend, so keep checking back. My usual day is Sunday, but sometimes on SAT.

As far as startign before 8... that's my preference based on MY opinions... others may not have any issues with riding there leter int he day... to each their own...

In any case, there's no way I'll be able to ride Rodalben that late in the day after you drop off your pal.

I recommend you shoot for another weekend unless someone pops in here and says they'll meet up with you in the afternoon sometime.

I'm thinking I could be good for a Sunday ride next weekend...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:12 pm

I still need to verify that I can go this weekend, but would anyone be interested in carpooling from Landstuhl area to Rodalben for this ride?
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm definitely in for this one.

I am however, going to try and get out for an early B-side loop starting at 6:30. I'll be leaving the house at around 6:00 to 6:15. Hopefully that start time should let me complete the b-side in time to join up with the 9 o'clock crew.

Eurotrash, if your'e interested in the early bird special, let me know and I can pick you up on the way.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:38 pm

Yeah, that should work out for me! I probably still have enough knobs left on my tires to do both loops before they go completely slick. I'll post later tonight with confirmation, after consulting the fam.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:00 am

Okay Jonesy, I'm in. You can reach me at 0176 32073347. If carpooling falls through, I'll meet the main group at Lidl.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyedge Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm

when ever yall get another one together let me know...email me or call me [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or 015123519084

timmy
timmyedge
timmyedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Ok eurotrash, I'll call you when I'm headin out the door.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:39 pm

With 2 hours in Jonsey's legs before we meet, I might just stand a chance in keeping up with him at the end of my ride.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 pm

WARNING

Do not post your phone number or e-mail addresses on here. This is a public site.

RR
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Good ride boys!
Nice climb or two to warm up, little jaeger to take the edge off... Lots of fun.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Indeed a great ride. Just after you guys left us, Steve took the biggest spill I have ever seen in Germany. Nothing broken, but spectacular crash all the same. As a selling point for tubeless with Stans, he had a stick that had gotten under the bead of the front tire 1/4" in diameter and was it sticking out at a 90 degree angle during the crash. The tire was still fully inflated. This sucker was all the way inside the tire. The Stans he put in last summer kept it inflated and sealed around the stick. We pulled the stick out with a little air loss, reseated the tire, and fully inflated the tire again. That stuff is amazing. You would have to do serious damage to a tire for Stans to not seal.

I am home now and am nursing my wounds from my fall too. To anybody who is wondering, a tree stump to the crotch isn't worth trying to stop yourself from falling further down the mountain. Pretty heavy gash on some quite sensitive parts. Pictures to follow. LOL.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Great ride. A couple of great crashes. Dirty, bloody and bruised, what a great day. Now to drink a couple to take away the pain.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next