Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Needed: Cyclocross Bike EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Needed: Cyclocross Bike EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Needed: Cyclocross Bike EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Needed: Cyclocross Bike EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Needed: Cyclocross Bike EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Needed: Cyclocross Bike

4 posters

:: Yard Sale :: Wanted

Go down

Needed: Cyclocross Bike Empty Needed: Cyclocross Bike

Post by shadyatbest Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:00 pm

What's up KMC Cycling! Things in Cali are going well but I miss the trails and roads in Germany! Looks like the riding is in full effect out there.

So I'm deploying to the Died for 5 months this summer and would like to have a bike out there. Is there anyone who has a relatively cheap cyclocross bike for sale? The reason I'm looking here is that you would be able to mail it to me MPS to MPS to Al UDied. I ride a 54 road bike, so that's approx the size I'm looking for. I'm not looking to spend a TON of money, because my guess is the sand and sun will take a toll on it, but at the same time, you know I can't live with a busch league parts spec. Anyway, if you have something available or are contemplating parting with your trusty stead, let me know by sending me a PM or emailing me at zachrichter02@gmail.com.

Keep the wheel side down!

Zach
shadyatbest

Back to top Go down

Needed: Cyclocross Bike Empty Re: Needed: Cyclocross Bike

Post by spookyload Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:36 pm

keep an eye on Bonktown and chainlove. They have been listing x-bikes a lot lately.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Wave Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:25 am

shadyatbest wrote:What's up KMC Cycling! Things in Cali are going well but I miss the trails and roads in Germany! Looks like the riding is in full effect out there.

So I'm deploying to the Died for 5 months this summer and would like to have a bike out there. Is there anyone who has a relatively cheap cyclocross bike for sale? The reason I'm looking here is that you would be able to mail it to me MPS to MPS to Al UDied. I ride a 54 road bike, so that's approx the size I'm looking for. I'm not looking to spend a TON of money, because my guess is the sand and sun will take a toll on it, but at the same time, you know I can't live with a busch league parts spec. Anyway, if you have something available or are contemplating parting with your trusty stead, let me know by sending me a PM or emailing me at zachrichter02@gmail.com.

Keep the wheel side down!

Zach

Hey Zach, I'm here at the Deid. I have my roadbike, plenty of road surface to ride. Not a bad idea to have a cyclo-cross though. When do you get in country?
Dave
Big Wave
Big Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by shadyatbest Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:11 am

What's up Big Wave Dave!

Glad to hear there will be a friendly face around when I show up. I should be out there around the 27/28th of May. So I've been killing myself trying to find a smokin' deal on a used cyclocross, only because I assume a new bike will get destroyed by the sun/dirt. Do you think I'd be good with just bringing a road bike though? I have a perfect bike to bring if that's the case. I plan on riding it back and forth to work from CC to the CAOC. Beside that, I hope to ride at least every other day as a workout in the mornings before it gets too hot out. Its been a while since I've been out there, so what kind of loop is there to ride?

Zach
shadyatbest

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 am

Bikesdirect.com has some cheap new cross bikes. They don't like shipping outside the US, but maybe you could call them and work something out.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Wave Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:50 am

I like the Ridley X-bow, but it still runs about $1.4K. Zach, out here, your roadbike will do the trick nicely. This area is super-paved. I have done the perimeter a couple of times, have spun around the housing areas a dozen times, and brought my road trainer. If you want to have fun, a cross-bike will surely do the trick, but I've found the roadbike to be the answer. ECES have an issue with people riding and breaking up the dirt. I see a lot of natural lips and jumps out here and thirst (and hunger) to hit them full speed. I've borrowed a mountain bike from the loaner program here a "BX" Trek to moisten my pallet, but for true training advantage, been working with a power meter on my Stevens Aluminum. Dirt is not a problem here with this place, like I said, it's all paved or theres a fence marking the "construction zones". If you are bold, you can get a group and go off-base for riding along the water front. I haven't been that bold. As you know, there is no match for the Pfalzerwald or home-trail network. The heat is the real killer here. Plan ahead and brings some spinner or magnetic trainer.

Cheers all.
Big Wave
Big Wave

Back to top Go down

Post by yepyep27 Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:59 am

competitivecyclist.com had some good deals on some cyclocross bikes a few weeks ago. Check it out. They also ship to APO addresses. Took only 5 days to get my MTB in Ansbach.
yepyep27
yepyep27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down