Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial.

+3
Zenkem
Sharpbike
Jonesy
7 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. Empty Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial.

Post by Jonesy Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:37 pm

Need volunteers to appear in a mtb oriented AFN commercial.... Preferably with your kmc cycling Jerseys.

I need 2 or 3 volunteers.

If you watched the super bowl, and remember the 'I'm Good.' commercial where the guy gets plastered to the windshield of the plane, it's one of those. That commercial was produced by one of the broadcasters who works with me, and I've sold him on the idea of doing one on mtbing.

Looking at doing this over the next few weeks sometime.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. Empty Re: Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial.

Post by Sharpbike Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 pm

As long as I don't scare away the rider with my looks I want to be a movie star.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial. Empty Re: Need kmc cycling volunteers to star in AFN commercial.

Post by Zenkem Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:14 pm

Jonesy wrote: Preferably with your kmc cycling Jerseys.

This brings up an interesting point...any word??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:42 pm

For now the retro erseys will do... Or t shirts if we have to some quick iron on jobs...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

I am in....ready to do anything KMC cycling related.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by kstew Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 am

When and where is your friend wanting to do this? I guess maybe when is more what I'm wondering...
kstew

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:25 pm

Not sure yet, more details to follow. Also, once we are registered as a PO we can get AFN coverage of some of our events.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kstew Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Sounds good. Still working on the PO thing--I promise I'm on it. Waiting for updates from legal still.

I'll follow up again early next week and let you guys know what's up...
kstew

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:18 am

OK, the date for filming is currently set for 23 MAR which will be two weeks from this wednesday. Not sure on the exact time, but it will probably take arounf 3 or four hours, and it will probably be during the work/duty day. However, if that's a NO-GO, we could also move the filming to a weekend.

I need two other riders, and hte first two to respond were Jim and Matt (spooky). LEt me know if you are still interested.

Here's a brief description:
-It's part of the 'I'm good' CSF spots currently airing on aFN (in one a soliders catapults himself with an office chair slingshot, and in another a coach crosses wires and is shot across a football all these spots end with the person saying... I'm Good. They introduce the concept of Resilincy as part of the Army's Comprehensive Soldier Fitness Program.

-This one will feature three mountain bikers.

SET: three mountain bikers, come to a stop at a hilltop and are all visibly winded... One (robably Jim... would seem most appropriate anyway.) speaks:
BIKER1 (JIM): "Man I'm tired of beating you guys all the time."
BIKER 2: "Yeah I've been getting closer lately though..."
BIKER3: "Oh yeah, well I've got something for ya..."
Biker3 then pulls a large red ACME-Wyle-e-coyote style rocket out, straps it to his bike with 100-mile an hour tape, and lights it....
Rocket ignites, biker3 goes flying out off the hill top, across the valley and into the mountainside on the other side of the valley. A cartoony puff of smoke, and then echoing back across the valley--"I'm Good.... good... good..."

So there's the concept and a rough timeline...

Whose still interested?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:31 pm

yep I can still do it
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm

I am definately in for that. I get participate during duty hours, so that isn't a factor. Might even be a good chance to get the KMC Cycling wool jersey dirty.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:52 am

I don't want to be in it but id love to come and hang while it's being made. Heck I'll even bring refreshments!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:52 am

krocko1 wrote:I don't want to be in it but id love to come and hang while it's being made. Heck I'll even bring refreshments!

Krocko's catering. Has a good ring to it. Smile
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Jim, Matt, slight delay, sorry...

Probably looking at friday or even next week some time.

I'll keep you posted.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Rgr. Just let me know. Very Happy
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down