Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Sponsorship offers EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Sponsorship offers EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Sponsorship offers EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Sponsorship offers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Sponsorship offers EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Sponsorship offers

+6
Road_Rage
jvanhuis
Sharpbike
velo-doc
thedude76
Jonesy
10 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Sponsorship offers Empty Sponsorship offers

Post by Jonesy Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:29 am

OK a while back we voted on a couple of sponsors etc.... and then the whole sponsorship project became a little dilluted etc. In the meantime several folks have been working with different potential sponsors but I don't think we have a crystal clear status, so here's what I propose:

If you have a no kidding, SOLID offer from a sponsor list it here. Please don't list 'MAYBE's or 'I'M INTERESTED's etc. please only list sponsors who have said "I will give you 'X' amount of money in return for 'X' sponsorship benefits."

Then Kirsten can bring this list to the next meeting and we can vote on it, up or down on each sponsor. If you've brought up a sponsor in the past but it got shot down, or lost in the shuffle, feel free to bring that sponsor up again, and we can revisit the discussion.

I also propose we set the next meeting as the cutoff for sponsors (or did we already decide that?)
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Sponsorship offers Empty John's Radhaus, Heidelberg

Post by Jonesy Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:34 am

John's Radhaus, Edingen NEckarhausen (Heidelberg), has offered us a one year sponsorship consisting of: 200 euros, and 20% club discount (in addition to VAT from acceptance).

He has asked for a small icon logo spot on our jersey, and has additionally asked to see the final Jersey before he completes payment to make sure his logo does not get ENTIRELY lost on a 'too busy' Jersey.

ISSUES/CONCERNS: His monetary offer is below the original threshhold for logo sponsors, however the discount does sweeten the deal. His shop is geographically separated enough that he is not really a competitor for Frank's which at the sametime means the discount may or may not be that big of a benefit for our club members.

www.johns-radhaus.de
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Sponsorship offers Empty Re: Sponsorship offers

Post by thedude76 Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:58 am

I don't think it is very cool of us to put more then on bike shop sponsor on the jersey. I don't think it is very fair to our current one who has been working with us since the start. I just don't agree with it. That's just me.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:05 am

I would agree that we really should stick to one sponsor per category. I.e, we should not hit up Pentagon car sales and Auto Exchange, or Hammer Nutrition and Clif Bar etc. I think it makes sense to develop a relationship with a company/sponsor and show some brand loyalty. I have a feeling that this could become a very contentious issue, so the more we keep it clean and simple, the better.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:17 am

OK, no worries, one bike shop on the jersey it is.

I'd still like to link to his shop once I establish our 'links' page on the website if there are no objections. Do we see any issues having links to other shops/businesses etc. that are not our sponsors but may be in roughly the same field?

Also, I will be approaching Auto Exchange (off base non luxury imports) and Kendall is going to talk to exchange new car sales. Then, we can bring their offers to the next meeting and figure out as a club which offer suits us best.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:13 pm

Auto Exchange isn't interested in a BIG sponsorship but they are willing to donate 300-400 $ for a small logo placement on Jerseys etc. It's lower than our original planned logo-level threshhold, but it's better than much anything else we have other than free beer.

What I'd lik to do on behalf of the club is offer them logo space equal to our current sponsors wheelsports and parkbrau (did Burgschaenke ever committ to anything specific?) in exchange for a $400 sponsor donation...

Even if the donation isn't that big this year, having sponsors sets us up for more marketability next year, as we'll have some references, background etc. and besides $400 is better than nothin'

What do y'all think?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Something is better than nothing!

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by jvanhuis Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Jonesy wrote:...but it's better than much anything else we have other than free beer.
Wait a minute, we have free beer!?!?!? WTF Jonesy, you been holding out on us? affraid
jvanhuis
jvanhuis

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:55 pm

I was talking to the marketing manager from GeoMan Gear about a sponsorship. He said; they are having trouble with the recall and have all their cash tied up into that. He did say to contact him next year.

Email content:
Hi Daniel

Thanks again for your interest, we love to support our fellow cyclists. Currently we are in the midst of a product recall and it is consuming all of our financial resources. Please contact us again next year once we have had an opportunity to work through this process.

Jonesy, I will send you the guys e-mail so you can have it on record.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 pm

jvanhuis wrote:
Jonesy wrote:...but it's better than much anything else we have other than free beer.
Wait a minute, we have free beer!?!?!? WTF Jonesy, you been holding out on us? affraid

I believe part of what Mark is working out with parkbrau includes product.... or is this just wishful thinking on my part....
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Jonesy wrote:
jvanhuis wrote:

I believe part of what Mark is working out with parkbrau includes product.... or is this just wishful thinking on my part....

No specifics yet but what has been offered is Beer trailer for our events (off base of course) Banner, drinks for events (not just alcohol) nick nacks (ie. lanyards, bottle openers and such) and possibly tables, umbrellas/canopies...these were to be looked into.

We still haven't talked to the marketing rep but I still plan to ask for some denaro...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Here's the logo Park wants us to use:

Sponsorship offers Logo_p10
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:54 pm

Heck yeah. Nothing beats a good beer logo on a bike jersey. Digging it.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:18 am

I just got a email from Mike and Nelly's is back on board.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Sponsorship offers Empty Sponsor

Post by nzenke Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:12 pm

I should know by the next meeting what we get from Parkbrau for sure

I have been talking with there rep and marketing section

I will keep you all posted as soon as I know more details but they also like to see what it would look like with there loko on the jerseys

Thanks
Nicole
nzenke

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:57 pm

thedude76 wrote:I just got a email from Mike and Nelly's is back on board.

Didn't know they had jumped ship.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:59 am

thedude76 wrote:I just got a email from Mike and Nelly's is back on board.

Thursty Nelly's is on for this season and depending on how much Guinness we can stomach, will remain on board for years to come!

We are in the progress of planning a "season kick off" event and will post details soon.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Community :: The Club

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum