Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK)

3 posters

Go down

Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) Empty Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK)

Post by Jonesy Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:34 am

OK,

I got approval from Wounded Warrior Project to conduct a fundraiser on their behalf called "Commuting for a Cause."

The idea is quite simple. In the veign of march of dimes, KMC Cycling commuters collect pledges from the community for every mile they commute to work by bike. while raising money for a good cause, we're also putting at least that much less pollution out there in the air too!

I'd like to get this startted VERY soon... perhaps even next week.

The time frame I registered with Wounded Warrior Project was Jan. 1-30 2011. what that means is that's when our commuting miles start counting.

What I'll need is some folks to comute of course, but also to help me set up at the KMCC or somewhere else over the next couple of weeks and collect pledges. I'll do all the organization etc, I just need folks to help take turns standing out there and help collect/register pledges.

JIM, you had said you were going to contact someone about the process of requesting space to set up at the KMCC. Did you find anything out?

MARK, have you made any progress with the polos? I ask because if we do this in the next couple of weeks sometime, it would be nice to have some sort of club logo shirt etc. IF we won't have the polos, we could at the veyr least print out some iron ont ransfers I have the transfers and the desing, and I've been looking around for some suitable shirts.... the px has some polos that might work, but they don't have green... the only appropriate colors they have are black and white and grey... may have to go with a compromise... Anyway, mark if you've made any progress with the polos, please let me know.

Finally, I want to know if there is any opposition to me (and whoever wishes to help) going forward with this on behalf of the club.

thanks,
Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) Empty Re: Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK)

Post by Zenkem Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:36 am

Jonesy wrote:MARK, have you made any progress with the polos? I ask because if we do this in the next couple of weeks sometime, it would be nice to have some sort of club logo shirt etc. IF we won't have the polos, we could at the veyr least print out some iron ont ransfers I have the transfers and the desing, and I've been looking around for some suitable shirts.... the px has some polos that might work, but they don't have green... the only appropriate colors they have are black and white and grey... may have to go with a compromise... Anyway, mark if you've made any progress with the polos, please let me know.

Xmas has been getting in the way of everything I have been trying to do so I haven't had time to do the art work or figure out a price yet but we did come up with a plan.

Those who would like a KMC Cycling Polo shirt should purchase their own shirt, one without logo's of course and made of cotton (or cotton like material...moisture wicking/polyester shirts are extremely difficult to embroider) and bring them to me or to the next meeting. We will then embroider the KMC Cycling logo on the left side over the heart…see pic below

Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) Jersey10
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK) Empty Re: Wounded Warrior Project Fundraiser (specific questions for JIM and MARK)

Post by Sharpbike Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:13 am

I will get you the information this week.

Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down