Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Creak is gone! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Creak is gone! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Creak is gone! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Creak is gone! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Creak is gone! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Creak is gone!

2 posters

Go down

Creak is gone! Empty Creak is gone!

Post by spookyload Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 pm

So the horrid creak wasn't a bad saddle. Put a new Aireone on that a friend let me borrow and it still made the horrid noise. I figured it wasn't the saddles because it wasn't a carbon shelled saddle like my two Sella SLR's and it made the same noise. Took the whole top of the seatpost apart and found the noise. There are two pivots on the top of the post that have push pins holding the pivots in place. The creak was starting there and it was right next to the aft part of the saddle rails, thus the noise coming from the saddle. I hit is all with some rock and roll wax lube and presto...silent saddle again. Good to find the source of the noise.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Creak is gone! Empty Re: Creak is gone!

Post by eurotrash Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am

Good to hear it. I was starting to think you were riding a Crank Brothers post that had the labels removed, or something! I don't use wax lube for chains in this environment, but I sure like having it on hand for those saddle and shoe squeaks.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum