Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Long and winding road... Ride Sunday EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Long and winding road... Ride Sunday EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Long and winding road... Ride Sunday EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Long and winding road... Ride Sunday EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Long and winding road... Ride Sunday EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Long and winding road... Ride Sunday

2 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Go down

Long and winding road... Ride Sunday Empty Long and winding road... Ride Sunday

Post by Jonesy Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:29 am

Since I'm probably going to be stuck on the road until my new bike, or my SS replacement wheel set arrives, i'm Looking to get in a long ride at a moderate pace.

Looking at 80-100 km, doable in 3.5-4 hours. Will start at about 6:30.
Pace 15-18 mph.
Start and finish near steinwenden.
Anyone want to ride? Anyone have route suggestions?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Long and winding road... Ride Sunday Empty Re: Long and winding road... Ride Sunday

Post by eurotrash Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:26 am

The road is long... with maaaany a wiiiinding turrrn... That lead us to who knows where...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But I'm stroooooong...

I may be about your pace, Greg. I'll even ditch the camelbak for bidóns and stuff my jersey pockets with müsli bars (or diggings from the cat box, whatever's easy) as to be fashionably correct.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Long and winding road... Ride Sunday Empty Re: Long and winding road... Ride Sunday

Post by eurotrash Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:11 am

Here's an idea- Saarbrücken to Trier. Or vice-versa. Involves a rather indirect train route, but just the ride through Mettlach is worth it. It's a full metric century with a reasonable 600 hm of climb.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KL to Trier on the RE takes 2 hrs and leaves hourly. Getting back from Saarbrücken is easy peasy.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:07 pm

eurotrash wrote:Here's an idea- Saarbrücken to Trier. Or vice-versa. Involves a rather indirect train route, but just the ride through Mettlach is worth it. It's a full metric century with a reasonable 600 hm of climb.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KL to Trier on the RE takes 2 hrs and leaves hourly. Getting back from Saarbrücken is easy peasy.
Looking for a loop actually, to reduce the time investment, don't want to slice away the whole dya so I can ride for four hours and then ride a train for another 22, I'll save that kind of trip for a 4-day...

I'll throw some ideas on here later today as well and we can figure it out from there.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

This ride is canceled, I will be in the states this weekend.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down