Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

In the market for a mtb... Waddya got?

3 posters

:: Yard Sale :: Wanted

Go down

In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? Empty In the market for a mtb... Waddya got?

Post by Jonesy Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 pm

I'm in the market for a geared hardtail 29er or full susp 26er...
Frame size small in29er, small to medium in 26er.

Right now I'm pretty close to going for it on a Motobecane TI 29er with 20spd SRAM xx and avid elixir nines and a Reba sl fork, for $2,200....

Anybody got something along those lines they need to find a new home for?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? Empty Re: In the market for a mtb... Waddya got?

Post by MJ Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:19 pm

I have my Vassago frame and fork sitting here. Medium. I want to send it off and have S&S couplers installed. It would be pretty sweet with a Rohloff hub in the back ...
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

In the market for a mtb... Waddya got? Empty Re: In the market for a mtb... Waddya got?

Post by gsmolin Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:50 pm

wait, didn't you HAVE a geared 29er HT?

meet it all halfway with a FS 650b.
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:53 pm

MJ wrote:I have my Vassago frame and fork sitting here. Medium. I want to send it off and have S&S couplers installed. It would be pretty sweet with a Rohloff hub in the back ...
medium's a little too tall for me in a 29er...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 pm

gsmolin wrote:wait, didn't you HAVE a geared 29er HT?

meet it all halfway with a FS 650b.
I did, I sold it to fund the purchase and build up of the christini AWD bike, but it's turning out not to be my thing so I'm looking for something a little more light weight/xc...

650 is an option as well... got one your in the market to sell?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:55 pm

I've got another Titus Switchblade frame that fits the 650b wheels (a little tight but it works unless you're riding in peanut butter mud ala hohenfels). Needs to be built though and it sounds like you might want something with a lot less wrenching up front!
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:51 am

Jonesy wrote:
MJ wrote:I have my Vassago frame and fork sitting here. Medium. I want to send it off and have S&S couplers installed. It would be pretty sweet with a Rohloff hub in the back ...

The geometry of these is unique. The TT is really low. They say is a 29" stand over, but feels lower. You are welcome to put some wheels in it and test it for fit. I would be interested in a partial trade for the Coicc. I want to pull all the parts for my Pinarello!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:15 pm

MJ wrote:
Jonesy wrote:

The geometry of these is unique. The TT is really low. They say is a 29" stand over, but feels lower. You are welcome to put some wheels in it and test it for fit. I would be interested in a partial trade for the Coicc. I want to pull all the parts for my Pinarello!
Sounds good... We'll figure something out. I've been thinking about replacing my misfit frame for some time, there ida good amount of toe/tire overlap that is getting annoying.
How about this: you take the ciocc, strip all the parts, give me back the frame and fork,I'll also throw in that set of juicy fives.

If that doesn't seem equitable, let me know we can figure something out.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Yard Sale :: Wanted

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum