Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place

+4
kstew
thedude76
eurotrash
Jonesy
8 posters

:: Rides :: Other

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place Empty cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:00 pm

some of us have been trying to get together for some bikepolo and decided to make it a family event as well.

just inside gate 3 on landstuhl is a playground with a basketball court and a picnic area.

Let's get together for a little grilling, family fun and bikepolo.

No need to try the bikepolo if you don't want to, just come by, hang out a bit, and watch the histerics of us trying bikepolo.

We'll start at about noon, and let's make it a potluck.

Who's in?

We could also meet a little earlier and do a quick run of the hospital loop...( maybe around 10:30 or so)
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place Empty Re: cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place

Post by eurotrash Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:10 pm

There!
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place Empty Re: cookout, family fun, and bikepolo (maybe a landstuhl trail ride too) SAT March 24, 12 p.m. Landstuhl housing area picnic place

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 pm

BTW, I will have 4 polo mallets on hand for folks that want to try their hand at it...b
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:52 pm

I have to work Sad
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kstew Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:17 am

I'm a prisoner yet again this weekend :-( I graduate in June so no more weekend classes after that!
kstew

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 pm

I am still in for this... We on?
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

Just talked to Mike and we are a go for tomorrow with at least four of us (me, Justin, John, and Mike) so that should make for at least a 2 on 2 game, which is better than nothing.

We'll plan on starting around noon and playing for a couple of hours...

Mike won't be bringing his significant other and wee ones along, and I'm not entirely sure about mine either, so it may just be a round of bikepolo...

Justin, and John, please let me know if you were planning to bring your families as well and BBQ/cookout... if so, I'll at least bring my daughter along, and maybe the wifey as well.

Once we figure that out, we can nail down who brings what food items.

IF it ends up being just us then maybe we could grab some fish and chips and guiness at Oscar's in LAndstuhl afterward...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:14 pm

One more note...

Was there anyone else who was planning on stopping by for this, but hadn't posted yet?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:02 pm

Ya, planning on stopping by, but will likely be on the road bike.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:50 pm

No family for me, and fish and chips for me.
Justin
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:12 pm

I will be solo, and on skinny tires.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Alright, so bikepolo followed by fish and chips and guiness it is then... And we'll keep our eyes out for Chad...

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Onelast note just to reiterate for anyone planning on joining us or stopping by; there will be no cookout... justbikepolo.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Lotsa fun, fellas!
We'll definitely have to make a more familyevent out of it next time. I think my daughter would go nuts for that playground.
No grill platz, though, so a couple ofus weretalking about maybe a bucket of popeyes andsome home made sides; potluck style...
Looking at late apr sometime...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:11 am

Good times, fellas. I will post some pics my wife snapped, and can send you guys the files if you would like. Late April sounds good, and a few more to make it 3 on 3 would be good.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Good time indeed! I'm in for late in April with the playground crew.

3 on 3 would be perfect on that court and I'm pretty sure we can get Velo-doc on the court. I will have to check with Austin's parents and see if he is available!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:06 pm

I'll take Austin on my team anyday... The kid has NO fear!
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:08 pm

Good fun. Must spread the virus!
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 pm

so when are we gonna do this again?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Soon, I hope!
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:42 pm

I would suggest throwing a few dates out there, say April 28th or May 5th?
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:01 pm

BigWheels wrote:I would suggest throwing a few dates out there, say April 28th or May 5th?
that sounds good, though I'm also game for sooner. If I can get the family into it (whih I think I can now), I could probably get away with every other or every few weekends.

I could do the 21st or even this sat if y'all are up to it, but the 28th works fine as well.

John? Mike? what dates are good for you two?

Any other takers... maybe chad?
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 am

I am out on the 21st, but the 28th is good and so is this Saturday.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 am

Of those, the 28th might work for me.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Just ordered 2 feet of this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Impact-Resistant UHMW Polyethylene Tubing, should have enough for 4 mallets.

Sounds like the 28th is the common denominator, I will pencil it in my calendar.

BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next