Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Retro Jerseys EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Retro Jerseys EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Retro Jerseys EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Retro Jerseys EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Retro Jerseys EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Retro Jerseys

+7
krocko1
spookyload
Zenkem
jvanhuis
thedude76
Sharpbike
MJ
11 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Retro Jerseys Empty Retro Jerseys

Post by MJ Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:37 pm

The jersey issue has been ongoing and a number of things still to be decided before we submit to the designers, putting actual delivery out a couple months at best. At the meeting tonight we briefly discussed retro jerseys as an option for those interested. These jerseys would be free of any sponsors and simply display "KMC Cycling" or a similar crest. This is an attractive option for both the time of year (wool=warm) and having some "club colors" in a short amount of time (2-3weeks). We may be very limited with colors and design but ultra classic wool jerseys are just cool!

There are a couple companies that offer these jerseys in a customizable format. It appears the quickest turn around is with Oregon Cyclewear, offering a 2-3 week delivery of custom jerseys. Check out the site www.oregoncyclewear.com and see what you think ... Minimum order is 2ea with a superior discount for orders of 14 or more. Take a look and post a reply with your thoughts, preferences, or styles so we can move quickly if we have enough interest.

P.S. this is not meant to conflict with the other jersey design/order ... just an option for those who may be interested.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Retro Jerseys Empty Re: Retro Jerseys

Post by Sharpbike Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 pm

I could take a long and short sleeve if we get enough to bring the price down. At least we could start to get our name out there!

Who else ?

Jim cheers
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I could do a long sleeve. I am not sure if their XXL will fit me though Cool
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jvanhuis Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm in for a long sleeve.

But how 'bout including the ".COM" I think it'd be funny on a retro jersey...
jvanhuis
jvanhuis

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:33 pm

I like 'em but unfortunately I can't buy something that won't fit but please don't let me stop this from becoming reality...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:21 pm

I definately would be in for a LS jersey. Black wool with a green stripe would rock. Don't care what color the lettering would be. Nothing says old school like a black LS jersey. Let me know. I am in for an ASAP order to get some samples. Looking at their site, the cheapest is a stock jersey. The Burnside Jersey with green or black lettering would be very cool.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:31 pm

Ill take a few!
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:15 am

This is a great idea and we should get on it quickly...like today! The Burnside is a nice choice. We could mess with colors a little, but definitely want "KMC Cycling" to POP. We could go with the stock black LS w/ white background and use green lettering. Let's make this happen.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:02 am

I just went onto the site so that I could order a couple the Burnsides are sold out. The only thing available is Broadway. If anybody wants to place an order let me know. Here is what I was going to order.

Broadway in Black, with red strip Emerald Green 2 inch Raised Flock Letters Pro Block font

KMC Cycling.com

Below is what we can do to make it cheaper also. If we order individually.

PAY IT... BACKWARD
CASH BACK $$$
1. You just purchased a product from us.

2. You love it and tell friends about us and they purchase products of equal or greater value.

3. They add your name here as the "PAY IT BACKWARD" person.

4. We credit the "PAY IT BACKWARD" person 7% of their original purchase amount.

Let me know if this is good and I can place an order for a couple larges But I will have to be Collect the $ soon from you or we can orderer individually.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:10 am

OKAy, I like this idea too. So much that I think I can take lead on this!

First off let's settle on style I suggest BURNSIDE with Hunter green lettering (I have the RGB code that will get them pretty darn close to the exact green we're using). I suggest the following Text:

KMC CYCLING
www.kmccycling.com

OR

KMC CYCLING
"Wer Rastet, Der Rostet."

I personally like putting the motto on there instead of the website.... anyone with half a brain who's interested can easily google KMC cycling, and as of right now, our website is the number 3 hit when you google KMC Cycling.

I'll set up a vote and we can settle on the phrase, then start the ordering... All we have to do is get up to 14 to get the discount and then the price will be $57 for long sleeve, and $53 for short sleeve.

Jim's partially right, but the burnside is available in the XXL Long sleeve, and the S/XS sizes as well. The Broadway, which is similar but has red also is available in all sizes except M.

It's unfortunate that we may have to sacrifice some of the color consistency for those who go with the Broadway, but I agree that ti would be nice to get something in the meantime until we order the new kit.

I'll set up a separate topic shortly with a vote for the phrase and an explanaiton of how to order....

Standby for more...

Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:13 am

I like the Broadway too. If it will help with the 2 jersey discount, I will get in on the first order. Just let me know how much it is and I can bring greenbacks to anyone who is placing the order before it goes out. One thing I will add about flocked letters is that when they start to wear off, the actually make a vintage jersey look better. I wouldn't bother with the vote. I think folks will be OK with the motto. That will keep the momentum rolling forward on this.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:16 am

How about using the athletic script for the motto on the bottom? Also, lettering on front and back or jut front.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:33 am

The site does say that the flock lettering is better for larger text and the embroidery is better for fine stuff. I wonder how the motto will look in flock?
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am

We can go with athletic script for the motto and whatever they have that is close to our websites font for the KMC Cycling part.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Retro Jerseys Empty FLOCK VS. EMBROIDERY

Post by Jonesy Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:01 pm

Their are two options for the lettering, FLOCK or EMBROIDERING. Most of us know what embroidering is. FLOCK is heat-pressed velevety kind of lettering. It's what was traditionally used ont hese retro style jerseys back when they weren't retro. The site claims they've had no complaints or issues with the lettering's durability.

Embroidering runs $13.00 for up to tow lines. FLOCK is $3.75 per line.

If we go with just Flock it's about 7.50 per jersey, if we go with emberoidery it's 13.00 per jersy and if we mix them, it's 16.75 per jersey.

I recommend we just go with FLOCK. That's what the prcies are based on currently in the order thread.

Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Retro Jerseys Empty 10 down 4 to go

Post by Jonesy Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Okay, we have ten confirmed retro jersey orders as of now. I think we all want to move quick on this so we can start gettign the name out there etc.

If we can get the minimum 14 by the end of the weekend, then we'll start colelcting the money and try to order no later than tue or wed.

C'mon KMCers, let's make this one happen. Don't try and fool yourself... you know you love retro!
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:43 pm

Are we going to get any more takers on this? We're 4 jerseys away from getting the wholesale discount!

A couple of folks who posted here that they were interested haven't committed in the order thread...

C'Mon folks, let's make this one happen.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Sorry, but they do not have my size.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:18 am

thedude76 wrote:Sorry, but they do not have my size.

+2
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by kstew Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm down for a long sleeve. I couldn't figure out if these are mens sizes from looking at the site?? I"m assuming they are which is fine I was just wondering if anyone knew...If so I guess I'll take a small.
kstew

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:36 pm

kstew wrote:I'm down for a long sleeve. I couldn't figure out if these are mens sizes from looking at the site?? I"m assuming they are which is fine I was just wondering if anyone knew...If so I guess I'll take a small.

Site says they're Unisex Jersey Sizing:

http://www.oregoncyclewear.com/orderwooljersey.html
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:04 pm

They are unisex sizes, but if you check the size it will give you a size chart in inches.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by 2NINER Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:57 am

FYI...we ordered these jerseys before, the Hawthorne in red. The jerseys are of very good quality. For sizing I ordered a LS in XXL, I'm 5'9" and the jersey fits well. Sleeves are just and inch or so long when I'm standing up but fit just right while in the saddle. Thought you could use some info on size and fit.
2NINER

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:15 am

Thanks Chris....I was wondering how accurate their size chart was. I'm usually a medium cycling jersey, so I ordered a Large LS...hope it works out. Do you have photos of the old jersies you all had?
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down