Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Returning to German (Wiesbaden) EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Returning to German (Wiesbaden) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Returning to German (Wiesbaden) EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Returning to German (Wiesbaden) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Returning to German (Wiesbaden) EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Returning to German (Wiesbaden)

2 posters

Go down

Returning to German (Wiesbaden) Empty Returning to German (Wiesbaden)

Post by eliteabclas Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello everyone,
It is nice to read about such a strong cycling community, compared to 12yrs ago. I just returned to Germany and I am looking for Road, MTB, and Cyclocross rides for training in the Weisbaden area. If anyone is familiar with this area let me know.

I plan on participating in the Hohenfels MTB race this weekend. Time to dust off the legs and get them back in form for this winters cross season.

Any notifications on MTB (XC and Marathon) and Cross Races would be appreciated. I recently completed the 24hr in Old Pueblo, Tour of Flanders, and Paris-Roubaix Challenge.

Currently I am awaiting my new Chinese 29er MTB Frame...replacing the '98 Stumpjumper.
eliteabclas
eliteabclas

Back to top Go down

Returning to German (Wiesbaden) Empty Re: Returning to German (Wiesbaden)

Post by DZFan14 Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:21 pm

I just left Wiesbaden last month. I lived on Taunusstrasse and I would just leave my apartment and ride up that road in either direction. It is really heavily trafficked by roadies and Mountain Bikers alike. Taunusstrasse turns into Sonnenbergerstrasse, after about 5 miles of going uphill you hit a town called Naurod. From there you can go any direction and find good roads. If you head towards the river things flatten out. If you head into the Taunus then you get some really fun hills.

I didn't do any MTB riding because my MTB was in storage. The R6 Trail which runs adjacent to the route I just did a poor job of describing has a ton of MTB traffic so their must be some good trails branching off of it. There is a good bike shop in Wiesbaden called "All Mountains". They are real helpful and they should be able to fill in the rest.

Enjoy Wiesbaden.
DZFan14

Back to top Go down