Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Hi, I'm Steph EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Hi, I'm Steph EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Hi, I'm Steph EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Hi, I'm Steph EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Hi, I'm Steph EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Hi, I'm Steph

+2
Jonesy
saddleseat
6 posters

Go down

Hi, I'm Steph Empty Hi, I'm Steph

Post by saddleseat Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:02 am

I live in Saarbrucken (work in Landstuhl) and looking to ride with others. I'm getting back into riding after a long hiatus, however, I have more experience with MTB. Just purchased a road bike so I'm ready for either terrain! Looking forward to some great riding.
saddleseat
saddleseat

Back to top Go down

Hi, I'm Steph Empty Re: Hi, I'm Steph

Post by Jonesy Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:21 am

Hey steph, welcome to KMC Cycling. Glad to see folks getting back into riding. You ought to do the landstuhl ride on Tuesday. Its right out the back door from your work.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:57 am

Welcome to the club.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:29 am

Yep, c'mon out! As for that skinny-tire bike, the river route from Saarbruecken to Trier is really nice, and you can take the S-bahn back home if you burn out. I think SLS is a nice area.
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:30 pm

Welcome to KMC Cycling!!! See y'ah on Trail....
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by saddleseat Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Jonesy wrote:Hey steph, welcome to KMC Cycling. Glad to see folks getting back into riding. You ought to do the landstuhl ride on Tuesday. Its right out the back door from your work.

Tuesday the 11th? Do you have details for where to meet, time, etc? I work the night previous, but could take the bike with me to work. Road or MTB?
saddleseat
saddleseat

Back to top Go down

Post by saddleseat Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:18 pm

eurotrash wrote:Yep, c'mon out! As for that skinny-tire bike, the river route from Saarbruecken to Trier is really nice, and you can take the S-bahn back home if you burn out. I think SLS is a nice area.

The river route is nice and i've only ridden from SB to Saareguemines and back; roundtrip about 20 miles. After doing this a few times, i'm bored with this route and may take your recommendation for Trier; supposedly, SLS is nice and is on my agenda.... thanks for the tips.

let me know if there's ever a group going since it's more fun with a pack!
saddleseat
saddleseat

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 pm

Tuesday the 11th? Do you have details for where to meet, time, etc? I work the night previous, but could take the bike with me to work. Road or MTB?[/quote]
the Tuesday and Thursday rides are MTB.
Here is the link to the Tuesday ride

https://kmccycling.forumieren.com/t306-landstuhl-castle-tuesday-1800-no-drop-mtn-bike-ride

here is the link for Thursday

https://kmccycling.forumieren.com/t441-1800-thursday-no-drop-mtb-group-ride-gelterswoog
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 am

Hi Steph. Tuesday and Thursday are no drop rides. Pace is set for a good ride, but nobody is left behind. Tuesday is a little more technical than Thursday, but Thursday is a little longer. Beer break after the finish at the castle when the ride is done on Tuesday, and Daniel brings crappy beer for after the ride on Thursday. Just a little sip to chat after the rides, not beer bashes by any means. I prefer the Thursday ride because it is a good flavor to what most of the trails in the area are like.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by saddleseat Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:33 pm

spookyload wrote:Hi Steph. Tuesday and Thursday are no drop rides. Pace is set for a good ride, but nobody is left behind. Tuesday is a little more technical than Thursday, but Thursday is a little longer. Beer break after the finish at the castle when the ride is done on Tuesday, and Daniel brings crappy beer for after the ride on Thursday. Just a little sip to chat after the rides, not beer bashes by any means. I prefer the Thursday ride because it is a good flavor to what most of the trails in the area are like.

Thanks for the info. I 'm going to try my best to make the Tuesday ride apres work! Meeting time is 1800, right?
saddleseat
saddleseat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum