Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Club meeting!!!

5 posters

Go down

KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! Empty KMC Cycling Club meeting!!!

Post by thedude76 Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 am

The 1st KMC Cycling Club meeting (since the name change).

Come on out and join us

Wednesday
01 DEC 2010 @1730
at the Landstuhl Castle restaurant. Not the Hotel.

http://burgschänke.net/

Last edited by thedude76 on Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! Empty Re: KMC Cycling Club meeting!!!

Post by Jonesy Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Steve, did you decide yet whether we're going to try and meet this wednesday or not?

Let me know and I'll post it to the homepage as well.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! Empty Agenda for 1 Dec Meeting

Post by velo-doc Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:04 pm

In keeping with the impressive momentum you all have established, I would like to suggest a focus for the upcoming meeting. There are a lot of great ideas being floated, but I think that prioritizing our efforts will keep us on the right track. So let's keep rolling!

1. Club designation: This step is necessary for many things to come. Many of the events we have suggested center on the military community, so I propose that we go forward with some type of military affiliation, whether it be as an "official club", or as a club affiliated with one of the gyms on post, as has been suggested earlier. If we do this, then we can have a framework to work from when approaching sponsors and setting up events. I think this is of paramount importance.

2. Sponsorship: Once we have item #1 ironed out this will be much easier to accomplish, because there shouldn't be as much confusion about what is allowed, how the money will work, etc.

3. Jersey/kit order: Items #1 and #2 are what is holding this up, along with some minor details with design. We have the option of going ahead with a more plain jersey design and leaving the sponsorship piece out all together for this season. We could then have some time to put everything together with sponsorship, etc for next season's order. I would, however, suggest designatig an official charity to put on the jersey, because it's easy to do and will solidify an important part of the club's focus.

I hope this is helpful. See you Wednesday.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Velo-Doc,thanks for the input. I agree, we need to prioritize what we are doing so we can move forward in steps. I keep having the feeling that we all have great ideas but maybe we need to focus on the big issues first and then move on to all the great things we want to do.

See ya at the meeting.
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:33 pm

Agreed, we need to have some sort of Jersey so we can start to be recognized in the community...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:28 pm

I won't be able to make the meeting tomorrow... I have other committments that night, but should catch up with yall next time.

Below are my thoughts/input if you guys could work them into the discussion.

velo-doc lives wrote:In keeping with the impressive momentum you all have established, I would like to suggest a focus for the upcoming meeting. There are a lot of great ideas being floated, but I think that prioritizing our efforts will keep us on the right track. So let's keep rolling!

1. Club designation: This step is necessary for many things to come. Many of the events we have suggested center on the military community, so I propose that we go forward with some type of military affiliation, whether it be as an "official club", or as a club affiliated with one of the gyms on post, as has been suggested earlier. If we do this, then we can have a framework to work from when approaching sponsors and setting up events. I think this is of paramount importance.
I will continue to work on the registration with Ramstein as a Private Organization. With the website, and otehr stuff I have going on, I don't have the time to go exploring the options of working through the gym. If someone else can take this on, and then contact me early next week, we can compare notes, and come to the next meeting with a clear course of action to approve or dissaprove. In the meantime however, I recommend we go ahead and start doing activities as we identify the opportunity on base, just operating as a 'small unofficial organization.' We CAN do some things, but we are limited in fund raising, and collecting any funds on behalf of charity... Also, there is always the chance certain organizations won't do anything with us unless we are a registered PO. I'd like to test the waters with the KMCC with my bikes for Iraq idea, and see if they'll let us setup a booth there as a 'small unofficial organization.'
velo-doc lives wrote:2. Sponsorship: Once we have item #1 ironed out this will be much easier to accomplish, because there shouldn't be as much confusion about what is allowed, how the money will work, etc.
I agree with this one to an extent, I think what we can do is start divying up the potential sponsors we want to approach, and start putting together specific packets for them, that way once we know more about our status as club we can move forward quicker. Also, I'd say that the sponsors that are already operating on base are probably pretty safe and shouldn't jeopardize our status, whatever we ultimately decide on.
velo-doc lives wrote:3. Jersey/kit order: Items #1 and #2 are what is holding this up, along with some minor details with design. We have the option of going ahead with a more plain jersey design and leaving the sponsorship piece out all together for this season. We could then have some time to put everything together with sponsorship, etc for next season's order. I would, however, suggest designatig an official charity to put on the jersey, because it's easy to do and will solidify an important part of the club's focus.
I think the minor details with design are what really need to be worked out. Then we can work the design into our sponsor wooing packets. Please have whoever is working on the Jerseys contact me because I have some design info from working ont he site, that think we ought to work into the jerseys as well... these include the print color codes for the colors we are using on the site (which ought to be consistent with what's on the jersey) and the font etc. for the logo.

Also, It would be nice to see what Eurotrash came up with on the logo, compare and combine with mine as needed, and pick a mascot/logo to go with. I'm not parrticularly attached to mine. I think its pretty good,a dn its a suggestion, but whatever the club consensus comes up with is fine, but we ought to finalize that so we can move forward on the jersyes, and start working on some off the other eye candy.

Finally, I'd like to make a recommendation on the races. I see a lot of info back and forth on what races are available, but what I haven't seen is anyone commit and say "I am racing YADDA YADDA race on SUCH-AND-SUCH-A date. I want people to rrace with me, and make it a team. Here is the training schedule, let's meet and start training." I think this will be the way we get people to race adn to be interested in the club. There doesn't have to be a team event for us to bring a team to a race. I think if someone could step up and commit to just one race and be the lead for that race (coordinate registration, transportation, ongoing updates training and preparation) then we'd have a decent showing. I know this is easier said than done, and I am as guilty as any of us of being able to commit to a race any more than three days out, but I think it is a step we need to take to move the club forward. For my part I will try to pick a race in early spring that I can commit to and serve as lead coordinator for the race.

Anyway, those are the issues I would have brought up if I were at this meeting. If someone could bring them up into the discussion, great, if not, Well I'll try to bring it up next time.

Thanks,
Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 am

Who is going to be able to make it tonight?
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:57 am

I can make it...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:09 am

I'll be there.

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 am

Jonesy wrote:Finally, I'd like to make a recommendation on the races. I see a lot of info back and forth on what races are available, but what I haven't seen is anyone commit and say "I am racing YADDA YADDA race on SUCH-AND-SUCH-A date. I want people to rrace with me, and make it a team. Here is the training schedule, let's meet and start training." I think this will be the way we get people to race adn to be interested in the club. There doesn't have to be a team event for us to bring a team to a race. I think if someone could step up and commit to just one race and be the lead for that race (coordinate registration, transportation, ongoing updates training and preparation) then we'd have a decent showing. I know this is easier said than done, and I am as guilty as any of us of being able to commit to a race any more than three days out, but I think it is a step we need to take to move the club forward. For my part I will try to pick a race in early spring that I can commit to and serve as lead coordinator for the race.

Check out the multisport area. I have been posting races on the calendar far enough in advance that people can consider putting them on their calendar. I'm currently committed to the Trierer X-Duathlon in March and will be getting people out to do some bricks and posting a training schedule.

Also, the stew ride is great winter training which is already underway and on the books for every two weeks. You're definitely missing out if you don't come.

Cheers,

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:24 am

I will be there in body but I think my mind will be sleeping.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:40 am

Chad, thanks.,.. if you are committed to the Trier Duathlon, then I'll put it on the racing portion of the website as well.

I'll take a look at what you've posted and pull what I can from there.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:26 pm

KMC Cycling Club meeting!!! Kmc_cy10
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down