Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin

2 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin Empty Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin

Post by BrianLask Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:35 pm

About a week ago my forerunner 205 went kaput. I am looking at replacing it with one of two options. Price doesn't factor as I am probably getting them close to at cost.

Option 1

Garmin 310 XT w/ heart rate monitor and added cadence sensor.

The reason I like this option is because it is basically what I had before with an upgrade of a heart rate monitor and a cadence sensor for the bike. I don’t see myself getting silly ridiculous about using it for swims but I guess it is supposed to do water pretty well.
Best feature not on the Polar, route mapping. I like to be able to upload maps to the watch before I go out for a ride/run.

Option 2

Polar RS800cx Pro Team Edition w/ either G3 GPS sensor or S3 footpod

The reason I like this option is because the Polar stores a lot more data on it (although some of it may be frivolous or useless) and is said to be a much better monitor of heart rate. I have read interesting stories about comparing the footpod to the GPS and which one is more accurate. The biggest downside is the mapping, you cannot load a map onto the Polar.

What do you think? The Garmin watch is huge, but I know exactly what I am getting with it.

BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin Empty Re: Replacement watch Polar vs Garmin

Post by soto Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:03 pm

i have the 310 XT and like it. I don't do a lot of GPS stuff with it, but do load it with workouts. It works fine in the water. It is not as big as the 205 and 305, so it doesn't feel like you have a rock on your wrist.
soto

Back to top Go down