Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Toxoholics? Anyone been there EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Toxoholics? Anyone been there EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Toxoholics? Anyone been there EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Toxoholics? Anyone been there EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Toxoholics? Anyone been there EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Toxoholics? Anyone been there

4 posters

Go down

Toxoholics? Anyone been there Empty Toxoholics? Anyone been there

Post by spookyload Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Looks like my rear shock just took a dirt nap on the NRS. On my ride today oil was spurting from the rebound adjuster/lock out lever. Not good...lol. So how lucky is it that the FOX repair center for Germany is in Rodalben? Anyone been there? Do they allow walk in drop offs?
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Toxoholics? Anyone been there Empty Re: Toxoholics? Anyone been there

Post by Slim Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:32 pm

They do allow walk ins. I have heard from other people that they prefer customers to go through a shop, but I have had no issues walking in and getting new bushings put in my fork. The red head guy at the front desk speaks good english as well. Fair warning, they are very expensive.

If you have time I would consider going through PUSH in the US. They have great customer service and usually a good turn around time. They will also customize your shock to your weight, riding style, and preference.
Slim
Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:11 pm

My FOX fork was sent to PUSH and I love it, and I actually had a spare Float R with leaking air about to go out in the mail today when my Float RPL started spewing shock oil out the lockout lever. Needless to say the PUSH rebuild on my Float R is waiting since it will now be pressed into duty. The RPL is still under warranty, so Toxicoholics is going to repair it under warranty for free. That means the old Float R is going to have to wait on the PUSH if it ends up going at all. I am picking up an air sleeve seal kit from them for the Float R and it should be good enough till I get the RPL back. For my Giant NRS, all PUSH can basically do to the Floar R is put a new air sleeve kit in and top off the nitrogen anyways, so I will just do it myself since it is only a spare. The air sleeve seal kit is a pretty easy install.

I called and talked to steve. He made an appointment for me so that he will be there as he is the good english speaker. He said they will even press in some new eye bearings on the Float R while I am there.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:01 pm

I had my Float RL rebuilt by them last year and it was pretty reasonably priced, didn't gouge me on a markup for the rebuild kit, turn around time was pretty quick, and they seemed like nice dudes.

FYI, to actually get to their shop you have to go through an open garage door (that opens onto the street in Rodalben) and then into a open-air parkplatz area. The shop is on your left and up a flight of stairs. This will make sense when you're actually standing on the street (like I was) and thinking "where the f is this place"?
gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Sounds like the routing to Beerfest. Do I have to yodel to get in?
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:50 am

spookyload wrote:Sounds like the routing to Beerfest. Do I have to yodel to get in?

It won't work, that was last years password.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:33 am

lol! You kill me steve. When are we going to get to ride together again?
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:52 am

So I had to use the Trojan keg to get in the front door...LOL. Those guys are super! They pressed new DU bearings in my old Float R while I waited, and told me I could pick up my Float RPL in a couple hours after a complete rebuild. I didn't have time to wait, but the offer was awesome. They also had any part you could ever need for a Fox product in stock.

Rebuild is 90 Euro for a total rebuild (dampener, air sleeve service, new DU bushings). That is before VAT so subtract that and add what shipping would be in the US, and it comes out about the same as PUSH or FOX USA, without the three week wait.

Anyone care to go to Rodalben on Monday and ride trail 1? I figure if I am going to be down there, I might as well do some riding.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:02 pm

The Trojan Keg is an old classic. It always works.
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Final follow up. These guys are awesome. Uberfast turn around, and if you have a couple hours, they will do it while you wait.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down