Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

:: Community :: The Club

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Empty Re: KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

Post by eurotrash on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 am

Here is a cycling short rough. The lines blend, and the sides will flow with the side panels if the flag design ends up there, but it won't flow well since the pattern is disruptive. Oh well.

I'll keep trying to make as many people happy as I can, and that is not sarcasm. I am putting in time, effort, and my honest opinion. If you want to keep pushing me, I'll walk away from this. The comments about arrogance and whatever else personal beef you have with me are going to send me packing if you want to persist with it. If you need to talk with me about my arrogance, my phone number is public on this site, or you can send me a PM. If anyone has constructive commentary, I'll do what I can to make it work.

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Short110

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Empty Re: KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

Post by spookyload on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:58 pm

I have a pair of voler shorts from a different kit. The only problem you will have with a narrow color bar like that running vertically is it isn't a whole panel on the shorts. When they backfill the black around the other colors, it doesn't match the black ffabric on the rest of the shorts, so it ends up looking like a grey color aournd where the flags would be. Not meant to be critisism, because I like the design, but just trying to be helpful because I have seen how it comes out when you use black as a backfill on a panel around other colors.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:42 pm

Thanks, Matt- that's an important point. The Voler bottoms MJ has and the others on the Voler site are really curvy through the panels. We should probably let Voler tune up the design on the shorts, since they know what cut pattern they're using and can make the design fit those parameters.

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Here is my submission for the flag addition. The text says "Wer Rastet, Der Rostet."
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Ds2_pr15

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Done at the KMCC @ 1630

If you did not get a chance to come out, please call me to arrange a fitting.

M

Last edited by MJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mmezest1997 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:54 pm

We'll be there about 1545 if that's okay?
mmezest1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:57 pm

MJ wrote:If we use this on the side panels of the jersey, which I think is pretty sharp, and since we will probably have more people sporting jerseys than bibs, I'd say we leave it off the shortsM

I like this idea!!! I don't plan on getting Bibs so I vote for it on the side panel of the jersey...just my 2€....

Although I would consider the Bibs if they were to look like this:

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Hr_06_10
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm

Zenkem wrote:
MJ wrote:If we use this on the side panels of the jersey, which I think is pretty sharp, and since we will probably have more people sporting jerseys than bibs, I'd say we leave it off the shortsM

I like this idea!!! I don't plan on getting Bibs so I vote for it on the side panel of the jersey...just my 2€....

Although I would consider the Bibs if they were to look like this:

Good idea Mark LOL!

That looks sweet with the side panels on the jersey. Nice work Eurotrash.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Empty Current Order Totals

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 pm

We need the 15 piece minimum in each like item group for production.

Short Sleeves

1 / 15

Bottoms

Long Sleeve

1 / 15

Accessories

2 / 15

Freeride Jerseys

3 / 15

Undershirts

MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:05 pm

I took this photo in Africa. I think she is kin ...
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 4 Img_1210
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:42 pm

eurotrash wrote:Thanks, Matt- that's an important point. The Voler bottoms MJ has and the others on the Voler site are really curvy through the panels. We should probably let Voler tune up the design on the shorts, since they know what cut pattern they're using and can make the design fit those parameters.

That is a good point, Matt. There are a ton of seams on the bottoms. I like the stripes at the end of the shorts, as they compliment the sleeves well. We need to think about Voler ... their logo will be on our kit, and they will place it as they please.

My pref would be to limit the use of the logo. I feel the one on the front, and the monster one on the back is enough. The side panel design with the flags, motto, and logo is a great graphic! Now that I see it full size, I feel like it may be a little busy for the side. Since we are generally traveling at what most would call "ludicrous speed", it may be hard to read. The original design that Eurotrash did, white text on black, offers a great contrast. This gives us a chance to use a really cool font, without the details (Alt. D or similar) getting lost in the background. I'm bias, but still in favor of the small flags on the collar.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:03 am

I still like the original DS2 that won the election, 2 small flags on the collar for the jersey. For shorts, I don't like the graphic on the back, and think only the website should be there. The cuffs on the bottom are really sharp as seen on the samples that MJ has, and IMO should be enough artistic expression for the shorts.

Directly from the Voler site:

"From a hand sketch to full digital files, our team of designers can make your vision come to life. Full sized color prints on fabric for the exact representation of your design are sent for your final proofing."

I appreciate the long hours and hard work you have put into this John, but it does not have to be perfect before sending to Voler as this is built into the clothing price anyway.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 am

I definitely agree about the shorts. The stripes on the cuffs are probably all that needs to be there. The back panel can either have the website, club name, or "Kaiserslautern" without any additional graphic. I'm partial to the club name, myself.

While I like the collar flags, the drawback is that they will fall off of the freeride jerseys, since they don't have a collar. The crossfade flags are growing on me. Depends on which is the most well-received among the group.

If we can get a quick consensus on which flag design is preferred, we can send this stuff forward to Voler.

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:35 am

eurotrash wrote:If we can get a quick consensus on which flag design is preferred, we can send this stuff forward to Voler.

I like the flag design on the side panel but think it would look better if it were to be the width of the entire side panel...in true NASCAR fashion. Whatever the final decision is I'm already committed...

Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 am

MJ wrote:Done at the KMCC @ 1630

If you did not get a chance to come out, please call me to arrange a fitting.

M

Thanks again Mike for lugging that bag of clothing through the rain to the food court so a few of us could check out the sizing.

I see the point with the flags dropping off for the freerides. I don't know if I am sold on the side panels being so busy with the rest of the jersey having clean lines.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 am

Okay, looks like we're on the same page as far as the clean look goes. Here's a solution- put the flags on the collars for the trad jerseys, and for the freeride and long-sleeved jerseys let's go with the arm warmer design on the sleeves. That way all options will have flags. Side panels clean up to slogan only.

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:22 am

Right on. The freeride jerseys come in long and short sleeve. There is a collar on the freeride jerseys, however it is not a stand-up collar. It's a v-neck, and Voler might be able to shed some light on the subject, as far as how it is printed, and put togeather. I don't plan on getting a freeride jersey, but the design on the LS/arm warmers and Freeride should work well.

MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Sounds good to me. Lets do this.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Gritz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:48 pm

I vote for the flags on the collar and just the motto on the side panels.
Gritz
Gritz

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Start ordering. Need to get the minimum qty met.

http://www.voler.com/custom/ordering/li/2819

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:19 pm

thedude76 wrote:Start ordering. Need to get the minimum qty met.

http://www.voler.com/custom/ordering/li/2819

MJ, can you give us a bit of running tally just in case we need to order a jersey or two to make minimums...

Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:27 pm

log into the team store and scroll to the bottom of the page. There is a tally. it is below your order.

Short Sleeves3 / 15
Bottoms1 / 15
Long Sleeve2 / 15
Tri Garments0 Accessories2 / 15
Freeride Jerseys4 / 15
Undershirts0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Gritz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 pm

eurotrash wrote:I definitely agree about the shorts. The stripes on the cuffs are probably all that needs to be there. The back panel can either have the website, club name, or "Kaiserslautern" without any additional graphic. I'm partial to the club name, myself.

While I like the collar flags, the drawback is that they will fall off of the freeride jerseys, since they don't have a collar. The crossfade flags are growing on me. Depends on which is the most well-received among the group.

If we can get a quick consensus on which flag design is preferred, we can send this stuff forward to Voler.

I also agree on the shorts, I like the red and white stripes on the bottom and just the club name on the back. Keeps it clean and simple, no graphics. I like the graphic and all, just not on my cycling apparel. Thanks for the work John! Can we get a consensus on the bottoms, I'd like to know before ordering.
Gritz
Gritz

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:36 pm

thedude76 wrote:log into the team store and scroll to the bottom of the page. There is a tally. it is below your order.

Short Sleeves3 / 15
Bottoms1 / 15
Long Sleeve2 / 15
Tri Garments0 Accessories2 / 15
Freeride Jerseys4 / 15
Undershirts0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got it!!! I guess you have to be logged in to see it...

Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Mark - Look right before the warthog photo. I'll continue to update the tally as orders are placed.

Gritz - I think everyone is on the same page with the shorts. Stripes at the bottom, contrasting seams, and lettering on the back. I'm making the call since we did not vote on this. Order with confidence!

All - Order deadline is the 29th. Any group that does not meet the minimum, will not be produced. Please contact me with questions, or for a last fit/look at the Voler gear before we send it back. Any gripes about the short decision, contact me.

M
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next