Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

:: Community :: The Club

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 Empty Re: KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

Post by BigWheels on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:48 pm

I obviously missed the humor in the attempt of removing the flags, and would echo the fact that it was in poor form. However, I didn’t miss the sarcasm and arrogance. I can’t speak for all of us that missed the meeting, but I for one was TDY, and would expect a little better transparency on the process that was decided on by the fellowship of the 6 people that had the decency to show up to the meeting. I guess the rest of us heathens shall rot in hell forced to watch NASCAR on repeat, while wearing NASCAR jumpsuits.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 Empty Re: KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

Post by MJ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Ok, all joking, poor form, bovine-feces, NASCAR, fashion police, synchronized swimmers, heathens, hobbits, and douches aside … this process was started with good intentions, and these were the elements we agreed upon:

Colors: Red, Black, and White.
Club Name: The club name should be a focus. The website www.kmccycling.com should be included at least once.
Motto: "Wer Rastet, Der Rostet." Or superior motto.
Club Mascot: A Boar.
Flags: German and American flag. The current alternating position at the end of the sleeves is preferred.
Font: Artist's preference.

http://kmccycling.forumieren.com/t930-kmc-cycling-jersey-design-submissions

We will maintain all of these elements, just as we set out to do. Some of the design submissions that people submitted, liked, lobbied for, and voted on, did not include all of these elements. Indicating that some things were not as important, and the overall look of the jersey was what we were going for. My fault for not calling this out during the selection/voting process.

John has done a lot of work on revising the final design from my napkin sketch. He posted his work, without flags, and everyone supported it. He stated the question, very clearly in this thread, asking for opinions and comments. The question was raised, and that is how this whole thing got started. This was very transparent, and absent a poorly fielded/received joke, there is no harm. We have until the end of the month, even longer, to get our art into Voler, and still ship the week of the 21st.

We set out to try to please the majority of the club, and we are still trying to do that by polishing this design up. We have come a long way from our days as a NASCAR pit crew, by removing all of the sponsors from the jersey! The order deadline is currently the 29th, short of moving that forward, which I don’t believe is possible, nor realistic, we cannot accelerate anything at this point.

I have a lot of time, and about a $100 in shipping costs to arrange the fit kits, invested at this point. As John stated, he has a lot of time invested in multiple designs, as well as the club logo/website. I have had my doubts about meeting the minimum order quantities from the start. If this little “burp” has left some folks chapped, and are no longer interested in ordering jerseys, please speak up. At this point we can still cut our losses. If your still in the mood for some bitchin’ warthog clad cycling gear, please read some of the design concerns in this thread, and offer your suggestions.

I’ll post up as soon as I have the kit’s in my hand.

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Gonna keep this post short:
Didn't look closely at the final pic to catch that the flags were gone... my bad.
John and Mike, thanks again for all the time, effort, and your hard earned money, having been through it myself, I know how difficult it isto keep everyone happy and still move the process forward.
I still plan on ordering a kit no matter what it ends up looking like.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 pm

I'm still buying a few jerseys. Maybe some bibs too. Thanks again for the hard work.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 Empty Fit Kit has Arrived

Post by MJ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:24 pm

OK, the fit kit is in my hands. I will try to make myself available so we can get everyone sized, and ship this stuff back.

Tomorrow 1600 ish- 1700 near the Kleber Gym for starters. I work on Kleber, so this is convienent for me.

Don't expect house calls, but they may be entertained with promises of beer, and/or food.

Call me for appointments.

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 pm

would it be possible to get the kit to the Wagau marathon on Saturday? Maybe someone from the KL area who is riding the marathon could bring it.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:44 pm

thedude76 wrote:would it be possible to get the kit to the Wagau marathon on Saturday? Maybe someone from the KL area who is riding the marathon could bring it.

Yes. I'll plan on riding the marathon, and bring the kit. Lets plan a good start/meeting time. Also, I'll ride with the group so we finish togeather.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mmezest1997 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Will try together over there tomorrow with my family, but I have a briefing with the CC at Landstuhl at 1500-1600. Hopefully we'll finish a bit early...Thanks for all the work being done!
mmezest1997

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 pm

mmezest1997 wrote:Will try together over there tomorrow with my family, but I have a briefing with the CC at Landstuhl at 1500-1600. Hopefully we'll finish a bit early...Thanks for all the work being done!

Call me if its not going to work, and we will figure something out. I live in Kaiserslautern. I don't have any kids stuff, but the kits run xs-2xl. I also have a woman's kit.

M
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm

MJ wrote:
mmezest1997 wrote:Will try together over there tomorrow with my family, but I have a briefing with the CC at Landstuhl at 1500-1600. Hopefully we'll finish a bit early...Thanks for all the work being done!

Call me if its not going to work, and we will figure something out. I live in Kaiserslautern. I don't have any kids stuff, but the kits run xs-2xl.
I also have a woman's kit.

M

I always figured there was something odd about you MJ. How about I swing by your casa with a Mavic freehub for you this weekend, and I can try on a jersey. Mens kit though please.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:37 am

spookyload wrote:
MJ wrote:

Call me if its not going to work, and we will figure something out. I live in Kaiserslautern. I don't have any kids stuff, but the kits run xs-2xl.
I also have a woman's kit.

M

I always figured there was something odd about you MJ. How about I swing by your casa with a Mavic freehub for you this weekend, and I can try on a jersey. Mens kit though please.

You should give the Woman's kit a whirl. Very supportive! In other kits, I feel like a busted can of biscuits, but not in the Voler woman's kit!

My casa has moved, but I may be at the old place. Just let me know when.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm

SORRY - No fitting today at Kleber. I have a medical emergency with the dog, and can't guarantee time or place.

Please call me and we can set something up.

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gritz on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 pm

MJ, you still planning to bring the fit kit to the Wasgau Marathon tomorrow?
Gritz
Gritz

Back to top Go down

Post by Gritz on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:23 pm

If not, it might be best to set a convenient meeting time and place, like the restaurant at the Landstuhl castle on Tuesday at 6:00pm or whatever works. We want to make sure everyone who is interested has a chance to try the stuff on, this will help us get to our 15 piece order.

Also for the jersey design, I like the flags, either on the collar or around the sleeve. Don't care for the shields, not sad to see those go.

That's my two cents on both topics.
Gritz
Gritz

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:23 pm

I'll come out tomorrow, pre marathon, but not sure ill ride.

As for the meeting, it's a good idea. I'm not sure the restaurant will appreciate us using their establishment as a dressing room, that is why I set up today at the gym.

At the vet in Landstuhl, Goldberg, feel free to stop by.

Open for ideas... KMCC, Southside gym, etc.?
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:36 pm

I would suggest the KMCC food court area.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Ok, emergency is over. I'll be at Kleber, black VW, near the gym from 1615ish-1700. Sorry for the late notice.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:03 pm

BigWheels wrote:I would suggest the KMCC food court area.

I think this is a good idea. When would be the best time for everyone? Weekend, or weeknight?
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:10 pm

When is the best time for you? I am pretty open after 1300 Saturday and all day Sunday.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Sunday afternoon at the KMCC would work. Maybe 1530-1700 ish? I could post up on some tables by the bathrooms. Would anyone be interested in dropping by for a fit test?

I was considering checking out some roller derby action tomorrow evening at the university in Kaiserslautern. Anyone interested in meeting up there? First bout is at 1700 I think, double header. Beer and babes on roller skates bashing into each other. Pretty entertaining!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:12 pm

That time sounds good for me.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mmezest1997 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Good for us as well...the fitting - not the babes on skates - just not really interested, but you guys enjoy!
mmezest1997

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Jersey fit is excellent, put in my order this afternoon!!! THX for coming out today MJ...

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 Hr_06_10
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 Empty Fitting today @ KMCC 1530

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:56 am

Ok, I'll be at the food court of the KMCC at 1530 today. If you have not done so, please post up, or call/text if you plan on coming by. This way I know how long to hang around. If I don't hear from anyone, I will leave after those that posted are done trying stuff on.

We need to send this stuff back to Voler, so if you would like to try stuff on before ordering, please contact me. I'm planing on sending it back at the end of the week, or first thing next week.

I'll have a table, near the bathrooms.

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:14 am

So- on the side panels work for you?
(expand your window or [right click -> view image] if you can't see the full image.
KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler - Page 3 2flags11

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next