Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

January 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

:: Community :: The Club

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

Post by Zenkem on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 am

MJ wrote:Jerseys are in the mail. I expect them next week, so an MLK day ride should work. Postage was $79, not sure how we want to cover that?

M

I'm willing to through a couple bucks your way MJ because I know what kind of PITA this can be...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:34 am

MJ wrote:Jerseys are in the mail. I expect them next week, so an MLK day ride should work. Postage was $79, not sure how we want to cover that?

M

Would this be a proper use of club funds? Seems like a good idea to me.

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 am

Concur with John, postage should be paid with club funds, as long as there is enough in there.

Justin
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm

Using club funds is what we discussed at the October meeting. With the round trip on the fit kit and the final order, I've laid out about $180 in shipping costs. We will need to check with our treasurer, but the funds should cover that. The other option would be dividing up a per piece shipping charge. Since we didn't go into the order with that on the table, not sure that's the right path.

MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm

I will look into the legality of using club funds to pay postage for items that become the individual property of club members.
Mike's asked for reimbursement for the postage for the sizing shipment as well, which is perfectly doable and I will withdraw for him as soon as he and I can link up (sorry for the delay Mike...).
I personally have no issue, and there are sufficient funds to cover it, however I will have to take a look at the Regulations that we agreed to abide by when we registered on post. We CANNOT use club funds to buy things for individual members of the club, except as a 'going away' gift or something similar for officers or other members who are leaving etc.
Since the postage was billed in one shot to someone acting on behalf of the club, as a 'club activity' it might be exempt from this restriction.

I will look through the regs when I get a chance today or tomorrow, and will post here what the reg says, and what my recommendations as treasurer are, then I will leave it up to the club to make the decision. Perhaps the pres can weigh in as well.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 pm

What I did with the Wool Jerseys was simply divide the shipping by the number of items and add it to each order based on the number of items they each have.

But, like I said, if the use of club funds for shipping the Jerseys is legal, and the club decides to do so, there are sufficient funds to cover it.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

$10 Each?

Post by airborne.s2000 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm

I would gladly throw $10 at the shipping cost. Surely there were at least 8 people ordering.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:04 pm

i will glady pay my part.

I noticed on the Voler page that one of the new things for 2013 is they are also using USPS. Should make it easier on future orders.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:21 pm

It would be reasonable for the club to pay for the shipping costs on the fit kit. This can be chalked up to the cost of establishing an account with Voler, and I don't anticipate this being an annual thing. Hopefully we will be able to show new members what the different styles look like and maybe let them try on stuff that current members have, to avoid getting a fit kit again with the next bulk order.

As far as the individual orders go, I think it should be the same as we have done with the wool jerseys. If a hypothetical total team order total is $1000 and shipping is $100, then an individual should pay $1 of shipping per $10 of ordered goods. Since this is an individual order, the team funds should not be paying for this. I think that this would be in keeping with the bi-laws.

I, for one, am really looking forward to the new stuff. I have a feeling that I will be paying a good chunk of the shipping costs Shocked

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm

For the benefit of making the cutoff numbers, Chad! Very Happy

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:43 pm

thedude76 wrote:i will glady pay my part.

I noticed on the Voler page that one of the new things for 2013 is they are also using USPS. Should make it easier on future orders.

You guys also have me as a shipping agent for stuff like this in the future if you need it. For that matter, if you need something from the states shipped that vendors won't, you are all welcome to ship it to me and I can USPS it for you. I ship lithium batteries too.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:54 pm

Sending this from my handy so I don't have the reg available right now to quote, but generally, club funds should not be used to purchase or acquire personal property for members. I would say shipping on kits that will be personal property of club members is probably under the same restriction.
I think at very BEST using the club funds for this would be questionable, at worst-outright illegal.
This is, however, just my recommendation, and I do not speak or decide for the club.
Let me know what y'all want to do.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:40 pm

So what's the verdict on this??? Are we going to throw some cash in MJ's direction??? I vote we divide the shipping costs per order and help Mike out...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm

I don't think it'll be a problem for anybody. Shipping is a fact of life here, and for all that made purchases it's just a matter of chipping in. Come up with a number for us, Mike.

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:19 pm

And a PAYPAL address, so I can pass the cash quickly.
PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 am

For those that were not at the January meeting, the club decided on $10 from each person that placed an order, to cover shipping. I'll cover the cost for our German members.

I accept PayPal m2j4l@yahoo.com, large (us or euro) bills for which I will not have change, as well as bike parts, beer, and wine.

Cheers,
M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:49 am

Did anyone end up with a pair of large bibs they don't want/can't wear? I love these things and want another set.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top