Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

August 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

:: Community :: The Club

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: KMC Cycling Team Store - Voler

Post by velo-doc on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 am

Excellent news on the FR jerseys!! Glad to hear that we will have new kits by Dec/Jan. Strong work by all involved in the process...especially Mike and John.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:04 am

Any drawings from Voler on the kit? It has been a few days since this wrapped up and I would hope we have a proof to look at by now.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Money is spent and shipping is in three weeks. Any chance we can see a design from them? The anticipation is killing me.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:56 pm

These just came in late Friday night, even though the date is the 20th..

Not all items on here met the minimum quantities, but I wanted to give you the bulk of what the garments and accessories will look like. The pattern outlines show where the art falls within each size. The smallest size garments will have less of the overall design than the largest size. Skinsuits are much smaller than jerseys and have less area for the total design. They have placed our graphics to allow for our seam allowances, and have made every attempt to keep all important design elements on all garments.

The gap where the zipper is split will not appear after the garment is sewn on hidden zipper garments. Full zipper garments will have the zipper teeth exposed, causing an interruption of the graphics.

To answer your questions…

1. We will have red stitching on the FS jerseys and shorts, with a red that matches the designs.

2. Website on sleeves- The size that it appears falls within a boundary that indicates placement of graphics for optimum visibility. I believe it's something like a good 4 inch span wrap of the side of your arm before curving in towards underneath the sleeve. Also, the designs are placed according to the sizes on our order so to accommodate all sizes for a particular pattern, and make sure all elements fall within the smallest size. The pattern lines indicate the sizes we've ordered and show you how the art falls within each.

3.Flags on collars- Currently, the way the flags are placed on the collar is with the US flag appearing on the right side (stripes closest to zipper) and German flag on the left side of the collar. I've already informed them that this is wrong, and it will be corrected in the final proof.

4.They usually leave the collars of the free ride jerseys solid because once it's folded in half, it sizes down relatively small as far as the vertical width of the collar.

5.As of now, the side panels of the shorts has open design space. It could be a good place to put the KMC cycling or Kaiserslautern sideways so when in riding position, it can be read from the side. Just something to think about. For those that ordered shorts, let me know what you think. I kind of like them simple.

M
FR Jersey

SS Jersey & Shorts
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Thanks MJ. Looks great. Having worn a bit of voler stuff till I broke, I am very happy with this and look forward to it.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Thanks for the update

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:13 am

MJ, thanks for the update. I am with you on the shorts, simple is better.
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:07 am

Looks GREAT!!! I can't wait...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by powerpro369 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:33 pm

MJ, any word on the shippment of the jerseys? I would assume that they should have been sent out last week. Does this mean we should expect them sometime this week or next? I am very excited for the end result. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

powerpro369

Back to top Go down

Post by powerpro369 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:48 pm

powerpro369 wrote:MJ, any word on the shippment of the jerseys? I would assume that they should have been sent out last week. Does this mean we should expect them sometime this week or next? I am very excited for the end result. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Nevermind, I just looked on Volers order site and it said it had been shipped out on the 21st of December. Should be soon I would guess. I noticed that the "Thermal Arm Warmers" I originally ordered are still being shipped however, I thought that they were part of the order that didn't make the cut. I am a bit confused.

powerpro369

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:57 pm

The shipping Info on the Voler Website is a Little suspect. I had the Jerseys Sent to my parents, so they can forward them. As far as I know they have not arrivied yet. Ill Post an Update as soon as I know more. Ill be calling with a couple questions tomorrow.

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 am

Update- Our order was a little delayed, didn't make it through quality control on the 21st. With the holiday, it shipped on the 27th and is scheduled to arrive at my parents house today. They will get it to the post office, headed our way ASAP.

Good news for those that ordered accessories and LS jerseys, they produced them, even though the minimums were not met. So if you were expecting a refund, you'll be getting your products instead.

Once the order arrives, I'll set something up. I know everyone is excited, almost there!

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks for the update, Mike. Hopefully we can plan a Jan ride/meeting/kit pick-up...that would be sweet.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:55 pm

velo-doc wrote:Thanks for the update, Mike. Hopefully we can plan a Jan ride/meeting/kit pick-up...that would be sweet.

Chad

Isnt the 20th or the 21st a holiday? Lets do a Landstuhl or f trail ride pick up the jerseys and have a schnitzel. and beer.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:19 am

Ya, good call Steve, the 21st is MLK Day. I will post up a ride/meeting. Would be cool to do the F Trail. Do we have a solid place to eat nearby?

Chad

velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:00 am

velo-doc wrote:Ya, good call Steve, the 21st is MLK Day. I will post up a ride/meeting. Would be cool to do the F Trail. Do we have a solid place to eat nearby?

Chad

I usually stop and get a Doner in town. I will try to find out about other places to eat.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:18 pm

What about the Pizzeria Da Roberto that you have to go up steps to get to?
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:47 pm

BigWheels wrote:What about the Pizzeria Da Roberto that you have to go up steps to get to?
Where is this place? Rodalben, Landstuhl, Ktown?

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:56 pm

thedude76 wrote:
BigWheels wrote:What about the Pizzeria Da Roberto that you have to go up steps to get to?
Where is this place? Rodalben, Landstuhl, Ktown?

Near the Edeka in Rodalben. Riding back to the parking lot through town, it is on the right. Sits up high compared to the road, I think it might be called Da Roberto.
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:17 pm

I would be game to try it.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Do I need to bring my bike lock Question Question Question

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:40 pm

Zenkem wrote:Do I need to bring my bike lock Question Question Question

Nah, you don't need no steenking locks. You need a sign that says, "this bike is owned by a seven foot auburn gorilla!"

As for meeting space, I've heard about this Thai restaurant that would set up a buffet for a group...

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:21 pm

eurotrash wrote:As for meeting space, I've heard about this Thai restaurant that would set up a buffet for a group...

That will not work this month. I already asked. They are in Thailand.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

thedude76 wrote:
eurotrash wrote:As for meeting space, I've heard about this Thai restaurant that would set up a buffet for a group...

That will not work this month. I already asked. They are in Thailand.

You would think that they would have sufficient Thai restaurants in Thailand already.
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 am

Jerseys are in the mail. I expect them next week, so an MLK day ride should work. Postage was $79, not sure how we want to cover that?

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next