Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions

+4
spookyload
thedude76
Jonesy
MJ
8 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions

Post by MJ Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 am

This thread is for KMC Cycling Jersey design submissions. Based on the feedback from the club, submissions should incorporate the following elements:

Colors: Red, Black, and White.
Club Name: The club name should be a focus. The website www.kmccycling.com should be included at least once.
Motto: "Wer Rastet, Der Rostet." Or superior motto.
Club Mascot: A Boar.
Flags: German and American flag. The current alternating position at the end of the sleeves is preferred.
Font: Artist's preference.

Design submissions can be in any format, just get your point across. If you don’t have the ability to generate your own design, post an example of another jersey with a detailed narrative description of proposed changes. At some point we are going to enlist the help of a professional artist. So if you don’t have the artistic skill or software to fully develop your idea, it’s OK. Just communicate your idea the best you can.

To keep things somewhat orderly, please number your design submission, starting with DS #1. Look both ways before crossing the thread and assign the next sequential number, or random number of your choosing, to your design. This will make it easier to reference in discussions and selection. We will keep this thread going through the next meeting, probably beyond.

Post early, post often.
Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty DS #1

Post by MJ Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:06 pm

Ok, I'll lead this thread off. The font is not something I'm set on; so don't get hung up on that. I like the current flag set-up on the sleeve, but not a big fan of the long sleeve layout. I've tried to capture it here, but thought a small German and American flag on the collar, opposing sides of the zipper, would be a nice location. I think Chad has a jersey with US flags in this location and I think it's pretty sharp. Sometimes overuse of the flag turns into fashion, and while I'm a big fan of smaller sized stars n' stripes bikinis, stars and stripe fashion can sometimes take away from the reverence of the US flag. Something we have all played for.

The text is laid out with my limited ability in MS Paint, as are the logos on the sleeve. I think you can get the idea. I think shadows in the text, and curving it to match the logo would be a huge improvement.

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Kmc_a-10
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty DS #2

Post by MJ Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:08 pm

Same as DS#1 limited ability to position images and text. Motto on the sleeve could go as a band, or the long way. Racing stripes!

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Raglan11
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty DS #3

Post by MJ Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:13 pm

I think with the right shadow or outline, the lettering on the front could be arranged better. I positioned it where it is for contrast. I think the motto on the sleeve with the BTP would be cool, then www.kmccycling.com low on the back, or on the sides, and probably the club name around the logo on the back. Again, the current flag set-up on the end of the sleeves would work. Or the small, 1 ea., on the collar.

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Kmc_re10
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty DS4

Post by Jonesy Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Okay, here are some designs of the 'Less is More' type:

DS4:
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Slide111
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Slide211

DS5:
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Slide511
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Slide610
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty Re: KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions

Post by Jonesy Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:44 pm

BTW the design inspiration for DS4 is of course the famous Shelby design used on hot rods...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty Re: KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions

Post by MJ Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 am

Just wanted to bump this up.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 am

So we have 4 designs so far ... I know there are more out there. We will be talking about this at tonight’s meeting. If you have anything pending, get it posted so we can discuss it tonight.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:02 am

If you missed the meeting on Tuesday, tough luck! The club voted on RR’s design for the new kit, but swapping the colors for pepto pink, pistachio green, and root beer brown. Should be interesting! If you are still reading this … we have voted on the BTA pig, and Voler as our supplier. The deadline for design submissions will be Monday the 17th of September. There will be a one week comment period, prior to our meeting (25 September ish). From there we will hand our design over to the professionals, and push towards final approval.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:03 am

Last edited by MJ on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty DS 6

Post by MJ Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:04 am

same, same, but different.

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Kmc_ds11

Last edited by MJ on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:11 am

liking the 6a. needs a beer in the pocket.

DS2 is also cool
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:35 am

[quote="thedude76"]liking the 6a. needs a beer in the pocket.

I'll work on the beer...
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Empty DS 6a - Rev 1

Post by MJ Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:13 pm

Ok Dude, my skills are limited, but beer could work ...

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Kmc_ds12
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:20 pm

I like it Mike.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by powerpro369 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 am

I am a pretty big fan of DS2 and DS3. I would go with DS2 as my final decision but if we put Mikes beer in the pocket black won't work. DS3 has the red back which would contrast well with the darker beer. I am not a huge fan of the stripes on the last jersey options (DS6 and 6a).

Last edited by powerpro369 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total
powerpro369

Back to top Go down

Post by powerpro369 Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 am

MJ- On your DS 6...what does the fish and crest represent?
powerpro369

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:14 am

powerpro369 wrote:MJ- On your DS 6...what does the fish and crest represent?

That is the crest with the fish is for Kaiserslautern, the other is the state of RP.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:35 am

OK folks, today is the 17th, and the deadline for design submissions. We have 6, four of which I put togeather to generate interest, two from Jonsey. As we discussed, we want to keep this proccess rolling, so we are in new kits by the new year.

If anyone has something they are working on, please PM and we will discuss what it will take to get it finished. The plan was to make some key decisions on which design to move forward with, at our September meeting, TBD. We also want to make sure we have a jersy that almost everyone likes. So, post up Anything you have been working on, or shoot me a message. We will start narrowing down the choices leading into the meeting, which you won't want to miss!

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:44 pm

MJ wrote:same, same, but different.

I don't wanna take anything away from Mike's hard work but I'm sorry DS6 and DS6a looks like a clown suit:

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Hamid_10
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Zenkem wrote:
MJ wrote:same, same, but different.

I don't wanna take anything away from Mike's hard work but I'm sorry DS6 and DS6a looks like a clown suit:

KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Hamid_10

Personally...I like the stripes. Probably a little too funky for the masses, but jerseys are about being recognized. Besides, funky is really cool when it's standing on the top step of the podium!

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:29 pm

Zenkem wrote:

No worries, Mark. I like the stripes. The jerseys only take a few minutes to put together. I've just been making them, because nobody else has, and I wanted to keep this going. I'm with Chad, unique, funky jersey's get seen. People are like "hey, look at those super stylish guys on bikes. I wonder what they are doing? It looks like fun ...". I'm a big fan of this company, and this jersey got me hooked on the striped sleeves. http://www.biciclista.it/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=16&idproduct=2044

I like a lot of their designs, and was trying to play with soe of their concepts. I originally wanted to use stripes on the main body of the jersey, but after listening to the comments made by the club, have moved to the sleeves, keeping the body the same color. Stripes or no stripes, it does not matter. We can do polka dots if you like. The idea is to get everyones ideas and feedback, which I've been trying to draw out over the last couple months.

If you have an idea, or like a design but would change a few things, please speak up. We will never make everyone happy, and things like the beer in the back pocket may not work on a FR jersey as well as a 3 pocket jersey. Eventually there will be a professional artist involved, and things will start to shape up. Until then, we need more ideas.

M
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:44 pm

Where we at, DS7??
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Jersey10
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:15 pm

DS8
KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions Jersey11
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:45 pm

MJ wrote:
Zenkem wrote:

No worries, Mark. I like the stripes. The jerseys only take a few minutes to put together. I've just been making them, because nobody else has, and I wanted to keep this going. I'm with Chad, unique, funky jersey's get seen. People are like "hey, look at those super stylish guys on bikes. I wonder what they are doing? It looks like fun ...". I'm a big fan of this company, and this jersey got me hooked on the striped sleeves. http://www.biciclista.it/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=16&idproduct=2044

I like a lot of their designs, and was trying to play with soe of their concepts. I originally wanted to use stripes on the main body of the jersey, but after listening to the comments made by the club, have moved to the sleeves, keeping the body the same color. Stripes or no stripes, it does not matter. We can do polka dots if you like. The idea is to get everyones ideas and feedback, which I've been trying to draw out over the last couple months.

If you have an idea, or like a design but would change a few things, please speak up. We will never make everyone happy, and things like the beer in the back pocket may not work on a FR jersey as well as a 3 pocket jersey. Eventually there will be a professional artist involved, and things will start to shape up. Until then, we need more ideas.
M

Sorry Mike but I've been biting my tongue and finally couldn't hold back, but this is what it's all about because we all have different taste/styles.

Really digging DS8 with a BEER in the pocket!!!
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next