Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Night of the Riding Dead - 27 October

:: Rides :: Other

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Night of the Riding Dead - 27 October

Post by MJ on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:20 am

Mark your calendars and invite your friends to this Halloween alley cat ish event! Brought to you by the KMC Cycling Club and Thursty Nell’s Irish Pub. Think costumes, bikes of all shapes and sizes (and maybe skates), monsters affraid , zombies Sad, beer, scavenger hunt Question , people, chaos farao , friends, fiends, and genuine good times!

27 October 2012, Kaiserslautern, time and location TBD.

Details to come …
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Re: Night of the Riding Dead - 27 October

Post by dord04 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:30 pm

i wish you could "like" topics and posts as if they were facebook statuses

Very Happy

dord04

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:51 am

Sounds awesome, Mike...looking forward to it.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 am

We need some more details, the 27th is coming soon.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am

There is a flyer on the FB page. I cannot upload photos from work, and I don't have internet at my new place. This is not an official club event. This is something that some guy just put together, happens to be something we like to do, and conveniently scheduled. If we had lawyers, a lengthy disclaimer would be included. Officially unofficial.

27 October, 1800 @ Thursty Nellys (Steinstr. 19, 67657, Kaiserslautern).
Bring a bike, bag, and some lights, so your legal. A lock is probably a good idea.

This is a race, but it’s not a race. It’s fun and everyone should join. Costumes are encouraged, but not required. Maps will be provided for those that may not be familiar with the city. GPS and cellphone use will be permitted. Good times guaranteed. If you have a Go Pro, or similar camera, it would be cool if we compiled some footage.

We are going to have the October Club meeting at Hannenfass (St.-Martins-Platz 1, 67657), just down the way. They have food and beer. I have a reservation for is from 1600. Feel free to show up anytime for some food and a drink before the festivities. We will have to check with the election commissioner, and the President, but probably do the official stuff at 1700 ish, I think.

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:15 am

Should I just assume you already made spoke cards of the above image...? Wink

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:30 am

eurotrash wrote:Should I just assume you already made spoke cards of the above image...? Wink
So is there demand for spoke cards... if so I have artwork that a buddy came up with for T-shirts, but I have decided not to mess around with T-shirts because MJ is still not sure of the actual participation level... here's the art...

I was thinking something simple like spoke cards printed on orange construciton paper.... do spokecards need to be laminated?

MJ what do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 am

Sweet! Yes, commemorative spoke cards must be laminated.

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:12 pm

eurotrash wrote:Sweet! Yes, commemorative spoke cards must be laminated.

check.

Last edited by MJ on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 pm

Shaping up to be a big weekend for the KMC Cycling Club ... Flow Trail, Gwoog, Elections, Jerseys, and an alley cat. Should be a great finish to an successful season... Bike rodeo, Meet n' Greet Picnic, US Forces Series, New Forum Design, pink bikes, and more. Awesome!

Keep an eye out for tainted beef, that twin you consumed in the womb, motoman, and well dressed spanish Doc's - this event will certainly have the attention of the USADA!

Cheers,
Mike
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 am

Can I get a weather report from K-town??? We have 1/4" of snow here at the house with no signs of letting up. Need to know if I'm going to have to make some snow tires with zip ties and screws...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:38 am

Zenkem wrote:Can I get a weather report from K-town??? We have 1/4" of snow here at the house with no signs of letting up. Need to know if I'm going to have to make some snow tires with zip ties and screws...

K-Town Weather - as of 1136:

Cloudy skies with mixed snow flurries.
Streets are wet, no snow, no ice.
Fenders and gloves are a good idea.
Chance of fun, 101%.

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:33 pm

MJ wrote:
Zenkem wrote:Can I get a weather report from K-town??? We have 1/4" of snow here at the house with no signs of letting up. Need to know if I'm going to have to make some snow tires with zip ties and screws...

K-Town Weather - as of 1136:

Cloudy skies with mixed snow flurries.
Streets are wet, no snow, no ice.
Fenders and gloves are a good idea.
Chance of fun, 101%.

M

Sounds good, currently attaching fenders to the ride!!! From what I understand K-town is just wet now...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:44 pm

Still just wet and cold at Alleycat HQ. Not terrible.

If you are Not familiär with Kaiserslautern and have a Find it Guide at home .... Grab the fold Out Map from the back Cover, could be Handy.

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:40 am

So a Zombie, livewrong jailbird, clown, and a German... walk into a Police Station....

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night! The final results are under review by the UCI - failure to consume the prescribed substance: Glühwein. We are curently reviewing the contract between the accused, and their team, KMC Cycling. Neither were available for comment this morning.

Mark: Sorry about your loss! A trusty steed, indeed! I will be on the lookout.

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm

Had a Great time last night MJ, THX for going through the trouble of putting this together. It was an awesome time!!! Found out that I’m not very good at it though. Good times up until it was time to go home and discovered my bike was gone.

The “GOOD NEWS” is that I recovered it this morning.

After getting up at crack of dawn because I couldn’t sleep this morning… if you’ve ever had your bike stolen, it’s kinda like losing your dog, you think about what you’re going to miss now that it’s gone. So, I decided to go to work to get the serial number of my EMD to pass on to the Polizei, after which I thought it might be a good idea to take a windshield tour of K-town just to see if I might get lucky. I drove around a little and stopped by the Bahnhof to check the bike racks then I took one of the smaller streets going into the center of the city where I stopped at red light and just across the street in front of a Bakery was my bike. I turned the corner, parked illegally and ran into the bakery, asked the lady’s behind the counter if they knew anything about the bike. Then I notice a kid with his hood up walking out of the store so I asked the lady’s to call the Polizei. The kid stood next to the bike so I stepped out to be closer to him and the bike as he fumbled around in his pockets. When he reached for the bike I confronted him where he told me it was his friends and he would go get him. At this point I had to make a choice get him or hold on to the bike, so chose to stay with the bike. About five minutes later the Polizei showed up and I gave them a brief description, before I knew it there were two of them circling the neighborhood but they didn’t have any luck finding the guy.

The Polizei were really kewl about the whole situation and we were all amazed at how this all played out. They verified all my information and even took a DNA sample off the grips. One thing that made me feel uneasy was toward the end of our conversation there were a number of ruff looking characters in groups of two to three hovering around the area checking things out but not trying to make it look obvious, made me feel like there was more than just this one kid involved.

As for the bike, the front screwer was loose…makes me think someone had the wheel off. They went through my seat bag and took my 30€ hand pump and a Powerbar. Things I can live with though cause I was the Dumb Arsh that allowed this to happen. Oh, and they got my "Night of the Living Dead" Spoke Card.

I wanna thank Chad, MJ & Justin for helping to look for the bike and Jonesy for pulling interpreter duties although, I think he was having a lot of fun translating with the Polizei. Also wanna thank Chad again for the ride home. Beers on me at the next meeting!!!

Last edited by Zenkem on Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:52 pm

That is awesome news Mark!! Good thinking on checking out the scene this morning and being aggressive.
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Ha! Happy ending, Mark!

I have another spoke card and a u-Lock for you.

Last edited by MJ on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:21 pm

Good choice taking the bike and letting the punk go. Option two was to snap into a SlimJim and take the punk out Randy Savage style, then ride the bike home as he was a pile of green goo.

*edit*maybe I have been watching too many super hero movies these days.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:27 pm

You know, the Polizie told me I would have been justified to have pummeled him in order to keep him in place until they showed up but I wasn't prepared and it all happened so fast...Damn Hindsight!!!

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by airborne.s2000 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Mark, glad you hear you got your bike back (damn kids!)

Had a great time riding, wish more people had braved the weather. Thanks to Mike for putting it all together.
airborne.s2000
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:44 pm

Mark,

Really strong work getting the bike back...that's pretty incredible! No worries about hanging around and the ride home...I know that you all would have had my back if it had happened to me.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:24 pm

Definitely had a great time, and would like to do another. Homefield advantage went to those who knew downtown, but MJ did a great job of keeping the checkpoints interesting! Of course, any checkpoint with bier is okay with me as long as I'm not driving. If you missed this one, don't miss the next one!

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:12 pm

Now that I have internet ...

The winner, beaming with kryptonite, Bobby.

2nd place, Pinkalicious.

Third place, and the only ones to fully partake in the refreshments - Tim & his "walker" wheel-sucker, Chad.

Last call ....
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next