Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

June 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

KMC Cycling Club Jersey

:: Community :: The Club

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: KMC Cycling Club Jersey

Post by MJ on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:51 pm

Chad, Mark:

I like the way you think! I e-mailed the artist last night about this image, modifying it for our use (wheel, chain ring). I'll let you know what they say. Whatever image we go with, I'd like to make sure we have permission to use it. Doing this should give us a file that is in a useable format from the jersey manufacturer, reducing art and set-up fees.

M
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:52 pm

eurotrash wrote:
spookyload wrote:Somthing like this on the front since we aren't putting sponsors?

This!!!

I like this one as well. Can anyone put a cycling cap on it?
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Cog through the nose like a hog ring?

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 pm

MJ wrote:
BigWheels wrote:Really digging the boar and the way the design is heading. Argyle?? Less is more young grasshopper.

I was thinking argyle or possibly plaid. The red, white, and black would work well for this; with German gold and/or American blue as accents.

RR - I saw your designs and thought the pig you selected was a good idea. It really shows the kinder, gentler side of KMC Cycling! Very Happy Is a red, white, and blue kit your preference?

The image was just to put something on there. I really do not have a preference, but if the pig represents KMC then it should be bigger. I like the red, white and blue, but I am not stuck on it.

I like this jersey alot.
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:29 pm

I do like the argyle! While questioning my bike selection, and trying to recall my high school physics lessons early this morning ... matter, rotation, force, speed, etc. I was able to get a pretty good look at a few Crema Cycles SS frames. This viewing angle was ideal, as the rocking dropouts look particularly nice fading from the 3-6 o'clock position. Ken Bloomer, American, owner, has a pretty good eye when it comes to bikes. Check out his jersey designs. Pretty simple, classy, and sharp. With some of the concepts flying around the SIS campsite this weekend, I think we are headed for greatness!

http://shop.cremacycles.com/epages/62539014.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62539014/Products/CCTK2012/SubProducts/CCTK2012-0002

http://shop.cremacycles.com/epages/62539014.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62539014/Products/CCTK001/SubProducts/CCTK001-0004
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:59 pm

MJ wrote:Sounds like we are pretty solid on the colors and some version of the pig. Here are a couple concepts to get the creative juices flowing... yes there will be text. Club name, motto, etc., whatever we decide on.

This one with the current flag set-up on the end of the sleeves...

So I was thinking golf shirts here. Stripes of varying thicknesses, one side red, black, and gold. The other side red, white, and blue. One each, small flag on the respective side of the collar...

Wow! I love either of these designs. I really like the top one, but not sure how the vertical striped will work for those of us with non-cycling physiques.

I vote for one of these two designs ( or something similar) with the side-facing angry cartoon pig with a chain-ring instead of a circle around it). And maybe just www.kmccycling.com on the back.

Save the argyle and plaid for special events like team DFL did with reviving the RACC-green scheme... Ride of The living dead jerseys in halloween argyle perhaps...
Argyle and plaid... I agree with Justin, less is more. Understated design, striking colors and one memorable graphic/mascot is the way to go.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:52 pm

I like the idea of a chain ring nose ring for the pig

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:28 pm

I was thinking something along these lines.

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:35 am

MJ wrote:Here are a few examples of plaid and argyle done in r.

and a pig i like:

this is the pig I like...

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 am

eurotrash wrote:I was thinking something along these lines.

See, it wasn't that my ADHD was kicking in the other night, it is simply that this picture is worth thousand words! This is awesome. I think the German heritage comes through in this jersey. If it is mostly black, it won't be too bad in Germanys fall style summers.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:36 am

I need to get the striping on the cross right, it needs an additional black line around the red before the white. It must be 100% clear that this is the Weimar Imperial flag and nothing more recent. Rolling Eyes
Anyway, circle in the middle of the chest, stripes around and straight up and down. Option B would be to put it offset on the left, as it was with the chicken in the imperial flag, vertical stripes over the shoulder. That is just a bitmap, to push the design forward it will need to be completely re-done in vector format, which will take more than the hour I had last night. I would also want a less-detailed chain ring. Cog through the nose is still an option. This scheme will only work with bitchin' tattoo art, if the cartoon snorty-pig is the winner, the background will need to be something else.

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:05 am

eurotrash wrote:I was thinking something along these lines.

"Like"

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Ok, we have two piggies in an early break... "bitchin' tattoo art pig" (BTP) and "cartoon snorty-pig" (CSP). Not sure if either of these porkers has the gas to stay out front. If you are not a fan of these two, get your pig in the race and post up an image. I spoke with CSP's manager (fresh baked graphics). She want's $300 to redesign the logo with a chainring/wheel, give it to us in a high quality vectored format, and license to use it on our club kit. I think BTP's manager is a skilled DIY type, and may accept another form of payment...

Here is a concept that could take either BTP or CSP's, round physique. Two sleeve variations ...

MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Dig the Rheinland-Pfalz standard on the sleeve. Pommes is a good fit, can you arrange them with a döner?

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:12 pm

eurotrash wrote:Dig the Rheinland-Pfalz standard on the sleeve. Pommes is a good fit, can you arrange them with a döner?

I was looking for one, but found the pommes graphic first. I thought a beer and pommes/doner poking out of the rear pockets may be cool...
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:03 am

I know I said we would keep the discussion open until the 15th, but I feel like we have enough input to move onto the next action. If you have not commented and have something that is outside the specifications for the design, please post your preference. I’m going to start a new thread titled “KMC Cycling Jersey - Design Submissions”, with instructions.

Primal, Voler, or Northwave could meet our needs as a supplier, each having pros and cons. I’m still waiting on an actual quote from Primal. Once we have that information, I’ll post it. I would like to select a supplier at our next club meeting. I will ensure all the relevant information is available long before the meeting, so we can make a selection. If you have sizing concerns, please voice them. If you have another source in mind please let me know, so they get an objective look.

Mike
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Really diggin the stuff you guys have posted so far! The boar/chain ring design is hot. Now...if we can nail down the right supplier it's gonna be a sweet kit!
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 am

Some people have indicated an indifference to the current club motto. Any suggested revisions?

KMC Cycling … mud, sweat, and beers (or gears); with the occasional head injury.

MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:21 am

I can definately relate to the head injury part. I like the idea of the frites and beer coming out of the back pocket. Maybe through a wrench coming out of the other pocket.
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:23 am

MJ wrote:Some people have indicated an indifference to the current club motto. Any suggested revisions?

KMC Cycling … mud, sweat, and beers (or gears); with the occasional head injury.

I vote for "Wer Rastat, Der Rostet"!!! We got some laughs this past weekend from this moto...

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:46 am

How would one correctly express the idea in German of "push it or walk it" in the sense that to push means to grind the pedals... as in up a hill? Jones? Question

Maybe "flammable gas, stay back 100 meters!" clown

Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 pm

I like "mud, sweat and beers". Though in German it will most likely not sound anything like "blood, sweat and tears."
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:26 pm

velo-doc wrote:I like "mud, sweat and beers". Though in German it will most likely not sound anything like "blood, sweat and tears."
No, the translation wouldn't have the same impact at all...

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:27 pm

But then again, who says it HAS to be German?

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Jonesy wrote:But then again, who says it HAS to be German?

Most German's read English... Smile Smile Smile

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next