Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo

+3
BrianLask
velo-doc
MJ
7 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo Empty cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo

Post by MJ Tue May 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Saturday, 5 May 0700 start from Kaiserslautern.
Anyone?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by MJ on Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo Empty Re: cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo

Post by velo-doc Tue May 01, 2012 7:42 pm

0700...that's ambitious...but I might be in. It is, however, Cinco de Mayo...AND my birthday, so I may need a little motivation to get out of bed that early!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo Empty Re: cinco colinas del sábado - cinco de mayo

Post by MJ Tue May 01, 2012 11:27 pm

OK, start time is negotiable for all those interested. I’m not sure how many hills there are on this route, but I know there are at least 5… whether we ride up them or down them will depend on the group.

Studies show … the more riders we have, the better the weather will be. I’ll buy post ride refreshments.

We will start from my house, or the REAL parking lot in Kaiserslautern at a time TBD.

Post if you are interested.

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Wed May 02, 2012 9:34 am

Rain or shine ride?

How fast?

I haven't put many miles in this year, so I could be a huge drag on a fast group
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 02, 2012 9:55 am

I'll plan on riding rain or shine. We have a lot of detour options, should the weather dampen our spirits.

As far as the speed ... if we have a group, we can keep it together and enjoy the ride. Again, we have a number of options to include train service, so I don't foresee it being a huge issue. It will be a rolling birthday party ... BYOB!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm

MJ wrote: It will be a rolling birthday party ... BYOB!

Bring Your Own Bike? Cool
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu May 03, 2012 10:49 am

Looking like I will be tied up...not literally, for Sat morning. Any chance of Sunday morning? Neither is looking particularly good for weather.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Thu May 03, 2012 10:59 am

I wouldn't be opposed to riding Sunday, but can make it either way.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 03, 2012 11:13 am

I was thinking of joining the guys for the MTB tour on Sunday. However, riding this route on Sunday is appealing, as I think the traffic will be in our favor. I could go Saturday afternoon if that helps, or anytime tomorrow.

Is anyone else interested?
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu May 03, 2012 12:20 pm

BrianLask wrote:Rain or shine ride?

How fast?

I haven't put many miles in this year, so I could be a huge drag on a fast group

Brian, don't worry, I intend on showing up for this one so I can assure you it won't be YOU dragging the group back.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Thu May 03, 2012 12:53 pm

I can't make it, wife has other plans for me.

Justin
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu May 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Saturday afternoon, maybe 1-2pm would work. This would let the temps warm a bit. Let me know.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 03, 2012 2:12 pm

velo-doc wrote:Saturday afternoon, maybe 1-2pm would work. This would let the temps warm a bit. Let me know.

Chad

I can flip flop my day and make that work.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Don't go moving mountains if other folks wanted to ride early. I can hook up w/ a ride on another weekend.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu May 03, 2012 4:33 pm

I can't really do afternoon, but no sweat, if afternoon is what works for y'all, I can ride solo in the a.m. closer to home.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri May 04, 2012 8:19 am

It looks like afternoon might work better for me. I have been promising a trip to the Bad Durkheim flea market and this may be my chance to follow through. The next few Saturdays are filling up with bike events and I need to secure my availability for those ...
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri May 04, 2012 8:36 am

No worries then. Y'all enjoy the afternoon ride (it IS a bit crisp in the mornings, I can attest to that by the fact that my upper arms and thighs are still returning to full operating temperature so the afternoon should be a nice ride for you).

I'll just hit something closer to home, or if I can get the SS rear wheel spoke replaced and trued, I might make a crack-o-dawn rodalben run on the SS... Haven't been on the SS in almost 6 weeks or so.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Fri May 04, 2012 11:45 am

Ok, so we are set for Saturday Afternoon?

Time? Place?

I am bringing my slow bike (obvioulsy its the bike and not me)
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri May 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Ya...my reasons for delaying to the afternoon have to do with flea markets as well! If 1200(or starting between 1200 and 1400) works for you all, I can be at Mike's place and we can decide on the final course/distance based on who's there and how we're feeling.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat May 05, 2012 8:05 am

ok, let's plan for a 1300 start from my house. Anyone else that is intersted in joining and does not have my address, give me a call at 01714175836 or shoot me a PM. If you don't have time for prior coordination and want to ride, be ready in the parking lot outside Kleber, by the flower shop on B37. We will roll thought there before we get started.

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sat May 05, 2012 9:52 am

See you then. Maybe this rain will hold off...orrrr maybe not :O)

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sat May 05, 2012 11:44 am

Since the forecasters were actually right today...if you want to roll from your place onto some trails, we could stay fairly dry and warm. Tomorrow looks even worse! Let me know and I can bring the MTB.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm

We ended up with a MTB ride today. Thanks for joining me guys, it was nice to get out an pedal for awhile. I think the rain decided to call it a day, a bit defeated by our unwavering spirit!

MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sun May 06, 2012 8:42 am

Ya...I arrived back in Bann to a clear blue sky! Was definitely good to get out on my 39th! Thanks for showing us around, Mike...and thanks for the vino and chalices...really cool. Was good to ride with Brian before he heads out. Hope to see you out there again soon!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

So here are the numbers from the mapped ride we had planned ... hopefully we will find a nice day and a good group for this in the near future.

Started: May 6, 2012 11:46:16
Ride Time: 3:19:15
Stopped Time: 12:34
Distance: 94.67 km
Average Speed: 28.51 km/h
Fastest Speed: 63.58 km/h
Ascent: 1139 meters
Descent: 1136 meters
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum