Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos

5 posters

:: Community :: The Club

Go down

Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos Empty Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos

Post by Jonesy Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:39 am

I'm building up the racing team page of the website and need some input from y'all.

I will include some of the information on upcoming races we intend to participate in, but also want to include some info on the 'team' (yes I use the term loosely).

Here's what I'd like to do:

Those who wish to, please send me a portrait or action picture of yourself (or post it to the forum) and a brief bio with the following info:
NAME
CURRENT CITY
HOMETOWN
LICENSE/QUALIFICATION LEVEL, if any
PREFERRED/SPECIALIZED DISCIPLINE (if applicable, and sure you can list multiple)
RACES YOU PLAN ON COMPETING IN THIS YEAR (Through DEC 2011)
A short quote that captures your attitude, purpose, or approach to racing/competing.

I think if people see this aspect of the club more clearly, they may be more interested, and Jim and Chad may get more folks interested in training and racing with them.

Thanks,
Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos Empty Re: Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos

Post by Jonesy Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:58 am

Sorry, additional note here... provide what you are comfortable with. I got a response and someone didn't want to post too much info about hometown. No worries.... tell me what you feel like putting on their.

I just want to get some faces up there so we put a more personal feel to the club's website.

Thanks,
Jonesy
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos Empty Re: Racers (or even just race participants) send me your bios and photos

Post by velo-doc Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 pm

Chad Hendrickson

Bann

USAC Cat 3, road

Primarily racing multisport events both on and off road

Pfalzerwald Berglauf Series, Trierer X-Duathlon, Eifeler Duathlon, Sembach duathlons, Hopefully try a cyclocross race and plan to do some USAFE road and mountain bike races. I thrive in the cold and suffer in the heat, so my race schedule will reflect this.

Competition has always been an important part of my fitness regimen. It takes you to another level and really lets you know where your training stands. I have migrated from pure road racing in my early days to more off road and multisport events. The training and racing are more varied and interesting to me, which keeps my motivation up. I love to compete in weekly training rides with my teammates and look forward to having a team at events this year.

Last edited by velo-doc on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

James Sharp

Stelzenberg

USAC Cat 1 Road, Cat 2 MTB

I like to race Road, MTB and Cross.

2010 Races- K-town MTB and Road, Spang’s MTB and Mannheim’s Crit.

2011 I Plan on Racing the USAFE Road and the USEURER MTB Series. I would like to some Germany Crits and road races and some MTB races and just for fun a marathon MTB per month starting in Jan.

I love to race just wish that I could fit more time into training so that I could race more. If I could get away with it I would race every weekend. I enjoy riding against stronger cyclist in training rides as they motivate me to train more as I don’t like to come in last. I have races on team in the States and sure miss having teammates for the road races because without the team placing in the top 10 is very hard. I would love to have a team to work for as a domestique, leader or advisor to assist the new and younger racers. I really like to help new riders learn the ropes and tactic’s of racing
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Brian Laskowski

Kottweiler-Schwanden

Detroit

No official racing license, just a few USAFE road races and about 20ish tri/duathlons

I will race any type of race, although am yet to do a MTB race.

Have a few tri's already picked out that I did last year, Baumholder, Obernai France, Menden Cross, as well as a few Duathlons that Velo-doc posted. Will do all the USAFE roads and hopefully some more German rides

Racing is what motivates me to workout. Without a race I am pretty unmotivated to run.

I am by no means good at racing, but I love it and hope to improve. I also have no ego when it comes to racing, and finishing last doesn't bother me. I would absolutely love to be a domestique for someone if it helped them out. I love the team concept of cycling.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by chrismyers2004 Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Chris Myers

Kaiserslautern, GE

Dayton, OH

USAC License: Road: Cat 1, MTB: Cat 1, CX: Cat 3, Coach: Level 2

Disciplines: Road and TT

Planned Races: MWR MTB and Road Races, Ironman Regensburg, a couple of local German races when posted on BDR website.
chrismyers2004
chrismyers2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down