Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party

+8
MJ
krocko1
Jonesy
Zenkem
velojen
Sharpbike
thedude76
velo-doc
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party Empty 1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party

Post by velo-doc Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:00 am

As I mentioned at the last meeting we will be hosting a Gluhwein ride and holiday party at our house in Bann. It will be at 6pm on Saturday the 11th of December. This will obviously be a night ride, so lights are required. MTB will give us the most options, although CX bike would also do if that's all you have available. It's going to be a social ride at a VERY social pace for max enjoyment. Plan to bring families to ride/hang out. My wife will be staying back at the house and there will be movies/kinder punch etc for the kids. I plan for only about a 1hr ride so we can get back and eat, drink and be merry! I'll post more information as the time approaches. Should be fun...hope to see you there.

Chad and Nikki Hendrickson
Am Kahlenberg 15
Bann 66851
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party Empty Re: 1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party

Post by thedude76 Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:08 am

I'll see ya there so long as I don't get lost on my tour earlier in the day. Do I need to bring anything? Food? Booze?
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party Empty Re: 1st Annual KMC Cycling Gluhwein Ride and Holiday Party

Post by Sharpbike Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 am

Sorry I will not be able to attend. I will be in Belguim doing a Cub Scout historic walk and overnight. Thank you for hosting the activity.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by velojen Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 am

I will be around...whether its hanging out with Nikki or actually riding
velojen
velojen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 pm

I just got clearance to attend...I don't have a ride right now so would showing up at 1900hrs be a good time??? And, what would you like us to bring???
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Everyone is welcome to come at 6pm to get the merriment underway, even if you're not riding, but 7pm would be fine as well. I would like to roll out at 1800, so arrival a little earlier to get the gear on would be advisable. This way we won't push the eating/drinking too far back.

Zenkem: If you have a set of lights you're welcome to ride my mountain bike and I will ride the cross bike. Let me know.

Also, if everyone could give me a head count with your RSVP then we can plan for the food. If you're asking what to bring...your favorite drink is always a good call.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:05 pm

I should be a go, along with my wife, and if there will be other little ones I'll bring my six year old.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Yep, lights are not a problem...you wouldn't happen to have egg beaters would you??? I have SPD's as well but would have to swap the cleats out on my shoes...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:08 pm

Zenkem wrote:Yep, lights are not a problem...you wouldn't happen to have egg beaters would you??? I have SPD's as well but would have to swap the cleats out on my shoes...

Problem solved, I stopped by the bike shop and picked up my pedals...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:18 pm

Family friendly MMM well that sounds like a go! Whats the pace and distance? And is my 7 year old welcome to hang at your house will me and my oldest ride? Is there anysort of babysitting fee I need to bring if welcome Very Happy
krocko1
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:43 pm

I'm in as long as Steve does not get us lost on the morning tour!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:08 am

krocko1 wrote:Family friendly MMM well that sounds like a go! Whats the pace and distance? And is my 7 year old welcome to hang at your house will me and my oldest ride? Is there anysort of babysitting fee I need to bring if welcome Very Happy

Everyone is welcome to drop the kids and ride. Nikki will be here along with anyone else who wants to forego the ride and hang out.

Zenkem: Glad to hear that you will join us on the ride. Show up a little early and we can fit you to the bike. I'm sure it won't be perfect...bit it should do.

Jonesy: Definitely bring the kiddo...we'll start out with five kids here...and that's before anyone else arrives!! Laughing
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:42 am

I will be there for the ride and will be bringing my wife and 2 kids to hangout. Other than beverages, what can we bring?
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:36 pm

What sort of ride is it going to be? Road, MTB, Cross?
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:01 pm

BigWheels wrote:I will be there for the ride and will be bringing my wife and 2 kids to hangout. Other than beverages, what can we bring?

We've got the food covered, so just bring yourselves and an appetite!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:05 pm

spookyload wrote:What sort of ride is it going to be? Road, MTB, Cross?

The plan is for a mountainbike ride, but the course will be pretty tame w/ mostly fire roads between Bann and Burg Nanstein, so a cross bike may do as well. Of course, since we are having another "worst in 30 yrs" winter you may want to plan for a Ski-Doo!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:55 pm

OK...here's what I have for the Gluhwein ride/Holiday party head count.
Velojen + Velohusband
Bigwheels @family (2 kiddos)
Zenkem and ?
TheDude & ?Dudette
Jonesy@famiily (2 kiddos)
Krocko1 + 2 Krockids
Jvanhuis + 1 kiddo
Mike + Mike

Please let me know if I missed you or any mods to this list. As I have stated earlier, bring what you like to drink...we got the rest. I will post on Saturday regarding the ride status...but the party goes on regardless!

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:05 pm

Zenkem and wifey and two kids...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Actually it's Jonesy and one wife and one kiddo.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 pm

I'll be rockin it solo. Cool
thedude76
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Nice...sounds like we'll have a rockin kiddo party downstairs...that just might be the place to be seen cheers
Sorry about adding the extra kid Jonesy...but you can come with one and leave with more...that's cool.
Sounds good Dude...there will be some other swinging singles in da house!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I won't be riding, but will be there for the merriment... probably around 1830 or so.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Slim Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:12 am

Thanks Chad and Nikki,

you all did a great job last night, Jen and I had a blast. Maybe next time the ride part will turn out better Very Happy , but other wise the party was really nice. Thanks for having us.
Slim
Slim

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:21 am

Ya...agreed, good times! Thanks to everyone for coming out and apologies to those who brought their bikes and gear out for a 20min slush/ice fest. We'll definitely have to do a night ride sometime when the trails are rideable.

P.S. Coffee tastes sooo good when you're slightly hungover drunken
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmoney Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:18 am

This is what happens when I get my Wisdom Teeth taken out... Theres an Xmass party! And I was to drugged out on Percocet to attend.. Shocked
Gmoney
Gmoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next