Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr

4 posters

:: Rides :: MTB Rides

Go down

Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr Empty Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr

Post by spookyload Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 pm

New additional duty with the new job is spending Mon-Fri at Graf every three or four weeks. Work is from 1600-2000, so I should have a ton of time to ride there. Anyone have any experience riding there?
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr Empty Re: Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr

Post by BigWheels Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:53 am

I lived there from 2008 to 2010, and finding singletrack is difficult. There is actually a nice loop on base near the navigation course that has been used for the Series mountain bike races. It is a little had to follow and would need a guide for the first time in just finding it. A village on the west side, Amberg, has some decent trails around the church on the hill. The red cross trail which connects churches on bergs in multiple villages around Amberg is a good way to locate those trails. My favorite was the #1 trail, and there were free-riders building North shorish ramps in the vicinity.

Weiden is another village that is supposed to have singletrack, however I never made it over there. Best bet is to buy a hikers map showing the trails.

Kongistein, to the southwest of the range, has a nice network of trails, double and singletrack.

Pottenstein, to the west, has some nice singletrack that runs right by highway 470.

The best singletrack loop actually sits on Hoenfels which is a 30 minute drive to the south, and has been used for the Series Championships. Starts up by the softball fields. 9 miles or so and last I heard they were cutting more.
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr Empty Re: Anyone have info on riding at Grafenwoehr

Post by spookyload Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Awesome. Thanks for the info. I will look into Hoenfels since I have lots of down time while there
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by TriChick Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm

Check this website too, looks like there is some riding in Erbendorf in the Naturpark Steinwald...though I don't have any personal experience to validate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TriChick
TriChick

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Do you have a grid coordinate for the FR course? I will be there next week and would like to check it out. unfortunatly it will be after dark with lights and a hard tail.

PB Matrix
PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down