Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March

+3
BigWheels
velo-doc
TriChick
7 posters

Go down

Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March Empty Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March

Post by TriChick Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Looks like fun! What's not to love about a race with a "Heartbreak Hill" and "Stairway to Heaven"...and even a prize to the team with the most number of people participating? Wheelsports is providing bike support. Two distances to choose from:

6 km run/20 km mountain bike/3 km run
3 km run/10 km mountain bike/3 km run

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TriChick
TriChick

Back to top Go down

Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March Empty Re: Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March

Post by velo-doc Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:45 pm

I'm in. Don't know which distance I'll be doing, but I plan to race. The weekend before, 11 March, there's a tough x-duathlon in Trier. I've done it for the last two years, and last year Spooky and RR did it. They also have two distances: 5k-12.5k-2.5k, and 5k-25k-5k. The first half of the 6k riding lap is all up hill, so bring your light gear and climbing legs. March is better than Jan/Feb, when this event has been in the past.

velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March Empty Re: Cross Duathlon Zweibrücken 18 March

Post by BigWheels Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 pm

I'm in as well. The week before is Trier Cross Duathlon, so back to back dirty duathlons.

Chad, you have raced this before, are cyclocross bikes allowed?

Last edited by BigWheels on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistakes)
BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpbike Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 pm

I could possible be convinced to do this also. I need to get into shape. I have only done 1 ride this year.
Sharpbike
Sharpbike

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:09 pm

That's one ride more than me, bro!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 pm

BigWheels wrote:

Chad, you have raced this before, are cyclocross bikes allowed?

Ya, cx bikes have been allowed both years I raced it. I have contemplated riding the cross bike, but don't know that I could bomb down the hill as fast as on the MTB. I may consider it if it's dry

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:16 pm

velo-doc wrote:I'm in. Don't know which distance I'll be doing, but I plan to race. The weekend before, 11 March, there's a tough x-duathlon in Trier. I've done it for the last two years, and last year Spooky and RR did it. They also have two distances: 5k-12.5k-2.5k, and 5k-25k-5k. The first half of the 6k riding lap is all up hill, so bring your light gear and climbing legs. March is better than Jan/Feb, when this event has been in the past.

Last year after this event, I swore I would never again dismount my bike to run in a race. I swore off duo-event races, but I have to admit this one was fun. So, I think I might go at it once more. I cannot do any worse than last year. However, I do believe I am the current record holder for the longest time spent on a 3K circuit (walking) and the 12K circuit (riding). Smile
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:28 am

I'm in for this one and will probably be on a cross bike.
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by TriChick Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:31 am

velo-doc wrote:I'm in. Don't know which distance I'll be doing, but I plan to race. The weekend before, 11 March, there's a tough x-duathlon in Trier. I've done it for the last two years, and last year Spooky and RR did it. They also have two distances: 5k-12.5k-2.5k, and 5k-25k-5k. The first half of the 6k riding lap is all up hill, so bring your light gear and climbing legs. March is better than Jan/Feb, when this event has been in the past.

Is Trier the one you said had all the off-road newbies with questionable bike handling skills? If so, that might be a good fit for me!
TriChick
TriChick

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Ya, that's the one. You can definitely make up some ground on people if you know how to descend fast on fire roads. Lots of people losing their nerve on fast sweeping bends. Not a real big deal early on in the race, later on as the field gets mixed it can become more of an issue. Still a lot of fun. The first year I did the race it was very cold and VERY muddy. Last year was much better, and the way things are going this year it should be 75 deg by then!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:16 am

The wife and I are probably a go, for the mere entertainment of racing, more than competing. We are not mountain bikers by any stretch, so it will be interesting.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Looks like they have online registration for the Zweibrucken Du open for only 3 more days. I just registered for the shorter race. You will receive an email with payment details after filling out the online form. Not sure that I will be doing Trier this weekend, but I have registered for this one. Hope to have some company!

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianLask Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:59 am

I just signed up for the short distance one as well, so we will see how this goes. Now, where did I put that mountain bike. . .
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:44 pm

Chad,
Is the Zweibrucken Du something that you can sign up for the day of, or du duathletes tend to plan more than a week in advance?

Mike
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down