Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price

:: Yard Sale :: For Sale

Go down

XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price Empty XX Brakes and Easton Wheelset- Lower Price

Post by eurotrash Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 pm

*edit: lower prices

I'm moving to a more all-mountain setup on my Mach4, so I am selling the fancy, feathery Avid Elixir XX brake set and the light Easton XC-One 26" wheels. Both of these have not seen a lot of miles, really only the Schlaflos and Pfalzerwald events and a few training rides.

The wet and muddy Schlaflos ride required a new set of organic brake pads (XX), so those are fresh. The rotors are fine, and the overall condition of the brakes is excellent. Reality check: These brakes are the lightest that money can buy- every bolt is titanium, the levers and pistons are carbon, and the castings are magnesium. These are really intended for racing, where light weight is of max importance, and maintenance is regular. They perform very well, but need to be maintained to stay in tune. I have them freshly serviced and on my bike, so you can try them out. Included is all the Ti hardware (!), caliper adapters, rotors (160 F and 140 R), calipers and levers. The clamps are part of the Matchmaker system, so I need to keep them for my shifters. They are available everywhere, and will swap out if you have a current Avid/SRAM setup. Offered at 325 USD for KMCC crew and close associates only. The original cost is ridiculous.

The wheels are great, http://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-gear/easton-xc-one-26-disk-wheel-set-review/ . I have ordered the heavier Easton Havok set based on the same design, I like them a lot. The internals have all been cleaned and greased, the tension and true are as new thanks to Easton's sonic tuning at the factory. This set is already taped with Stan's for easy conversion to tubeless. The set weighs only 1585g, which is hard to beat, especially for the price of 200 USD (MSRP was 799!).
eurotrash
eurotrash
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down