Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

June 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3

Go down

baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 Empty baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3

Post by raylwallace on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:31 am

Ray and Cari Wallace

hello me and my wife will be trianing up for a half iron next summer when i get back from afghanistan sometime in feb. im purchasing her first bike here soon and I used to be a nationally ranked duathlete when i was about 17. now here i am 5 years later and i havent been on a bike in over 3 years lol. just trying to find out if theres any othe endurance racers around the area would like to join or find people for say a sunday ride. come march i need to be logging between 100-120 miles. i donno anyone interested or training this year in the baumholder area please let me know. cari and i will probly start out pretty slow but with our training schedule for this year we wont stay slow long. also if anyone has any info on the european ironman 70.3 series please let me know where looking at teh 70.3 ireland in sept.

thanks!
raylwallace

Back to top Go down

baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 Empty Re: baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3

Post by Road_Rage on Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:53 pm

Welcome to KMC Cycling. I am no where near what you would consider a triathelete. However, we do have some folks that like to compete at such events. Again, welcome to the KMC.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3 Empty Re: baumholder roadie/ training for ironman 70.3

Post by BrianLask on Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 am

Hey Ray,

I am a struggling triathelete, always up for some workouts. Don't know much about the Ireland 70.3 but there are a few good ones over here. There is a guy up in the Baumholder area who has done a few Ironmans, named Tom Anderson. Check out Euro Tri Ramstein on facebook.

Let us know when you get back and we can get some work in.
BrianLask
BrianLask

Back to top Go down

Post by TriChick on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

In addition to the Ironman branded races, check out the Challenge series...some of their races are half IMs as well. Challenge Roth (full) is probably the most well known and respected iron distance race after Kona. http://www.challenge-family.com/ Details on the Ironman 70.3 series can be found here: http://ironman.com/events/ironman70.3#axzz1iu0mWTRN
TriChick
TriChick

Back to top Go down

Post by raylwallace on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:55 pm

so i am back from deployment and this is my first time being back on here since. where are you guys finding all these other races at. do europeans do traditional american style duathlons? looks like here in b holder i am not gonna have anywhere to swim so i think a tri is out of the quistion this year. so now im on the hunt for a road race or a crit. but every where i look im coming up empty handed. just broke down and bought my first road bike after trying to ride these hills here with my tri bike it wasnt happening. ya maybe i shoulda looked into mountain biking that seems to be the thing around here... that and cyclo cross.. if anyone is doing anylong and slow rides on the weekend id be glad to have someone show me and my wife the trails around kmc area as where having trouble finding good places to ride we ride at a moderate pace right now. i have her avg about 15mph on the flats so where not to slow. either that if somene can throw me a bone on a good place to find info on riding around ramstein that would be amazing.

happy riding!
Ray
raylwallace

Back to top Go down

Post by BigWheels on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:09 am

I had heard Baumholder had a pool and that it was never busy, unlike Ramstein. As far as one of the best places to go for race info:
www.trimapper.com

There you can filter by continent and country.

Group rides posted on the forum are a good way to see the local hiking/mtb trails, Tuesday's at the Castle, Thursdays at the Woog, and some weekends on the F trail near Rodabeln (sic).

Justin

BigWheels
BigWheels
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down