Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

January 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Schlaflos im Sattle 2012

:: Races :: MTB Races

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Schlaflos im Sattle 2012

Post by Jonesy on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:12 pm

So are we going to settle on a team name?

I vote for:
Rev. Lars Jones and the Saw-Bones.

It's unique, represents all of us and sounds like an uncategorizable rock band's name...

Anybody else got a name they're particularly keen on?

Also as to team wear...
I could do wool if it's cool and standard kit if it's warm.
I ain't doin' the speedo thing by myself either... Though I am open to some other costume ideas....

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Guess we'll just have to decide on Tuesday at the meeting :O)
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin on Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:53 pm

i'm up for anything as long as i don't have to wear the Borat banana hammock.

gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by krocko1 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:03 am

That looks like the back of my bike!
krocko1

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:51 pm

Translation: No pre-riding the course or you will be BANNED from participating!!!

PS: official training times can be found in the schedule

***Can someone print out the SiS itinerary/schedule and bring it with them???*** My ink cartridge just went Tango Uniform!!!

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Had to run to the house for a different wheel, did some riding yesterday and conditions are perfect and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate. Jonesy is roasting a Pork shoulder which has the whole event interested. I arrive at 1230 yesterday and our spot from last was already take so settle for a spot a little around the corner. This pic was taken yesterday and today the infield is already full. Well, gotta go and get back before I miss something!!!

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Looks great, Mark. Thanks for being our advance party!

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by gsmolin on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Team Totally Bad Dudes, et al:

Just got back from the site. Looks great and Mark and Greg (and others) thanks for setting up so far.

I set up my pavilion where the blue tarp was set out and attached it to the EZ-ups that were already there. Feel free to use the lounge chairs and whatever else is there that I brought; I'll be out tomorrow afternoon.

gsmolin

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Message relayed, George. Thanks!

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage on Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Man that camp site looks good. Me and Spooky will be out around 1200 I think.
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 pm

I have a party to attend at Bremerhof from about 1pm-4pm, then plan to head over to SIS shortly after to hang out. Still more likely to be an observer because of the back spasm...but we'll see.

Chad
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc on Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:53 am

You guys were looking strong last night...at least until midnight! Awesome to hang with you guys, how did everything turn out?
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:27 pm

We rode it till the end on both teams. DFL with 11 laps, and TTB 13 laps. Amazing weather, and loved the new course change. A few sore muscles and dirty bikes today, but nothing Alieve and a garden hose won't cure. Pics to follow!
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:36 pm

spookyload wrote:We rode it till the end on both teams. DFL with 11 laps, and TTB 13 laps. Amazing weather, and loved the new course change. A few sore muscles and dirty bikes today, but nothing Alieve and a garden hose won't cure. Pics to follow!

What-ever! That was are actual team name. Game time decision. Nobody from KMC Cycling or Saber went home in an ambulance, which was a huge success. This is a great event, I had a blast. Thanks to Mark, Greg, George, and John for staking out some premium real estate and holding down the fort for a few days. Next year, I'll be out early. Good times!
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Team DFL completed a very respectable 11 laps, appearantly Daniel is the big fan of beauty sleep as a very long recovery nap limited his lap count to 2, withe other members of team DFL clocking in 3 a piece. More importantly, they all seemed to have a blast, and no one got hurt!

Team Whatever managed 13 laps. George and I each tapped out after four laps (I will claim the honor of being the first to finish--as in the first say "I'm finished! I can't do anymore!"). Mike pulled off five amazing fat-tire-ed laps, and was even considering a sixth but George had a cup of coffee for him that just looked TOO good to resist... Or so they tell me, i was in full-on racked out mode by then.

I don't know exactly what Kendall did, but I am sure he had fun and did it in style!

I don't think any of us placed at all, as there were some really competitive riders out there, but we had a blast and the club was well represented. I believe everyone met their goals (or came reasonably close-- our goal was to have a rider up the entire race, and with me tapping out at four laps, and George tempting Mike with coffee I don't think we stuck exactly to this but we didn't miss it by much!

Special thanks to Folks who came out to visit and support us: Big Wave Dave, Chad, Claudia, Theresa (spelling uncertain), Hector and brainy air force dude whose name I forget from Spang Sabers, ... I probably missed some one, and if so, thanks for coming by!

Uwe, cranky couple withe kid across the track who came to 'sleepless' and complained about their child being kept awake all night, Jan and Lev (the whiskey bros), and all of our Schlaflos friends, see y'all next year!

Some ideas I have for next year:
-I plan on renting (if I don't already own) a camper for next year to convince my rather spoiled wife and kiddos to join the fun. I'm think if we have that, and with Johns camper, we can claim some good real estate over in the camper area, and move the club location ther, which would also make a great switch out location
-considering the interestif other attendees in my pulled pork operation I'd like to bring my large fire pit and host a whole pig roast as a side event-maybe sell tickets to it to raise money for some deserving charity.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:50 pm

Jonesy wrote:Team DFL completed a very respectable 11 laps, appearantly Daniel is the big fan of beauty sleep as a very long recovery nap limited his lap count to 2, withe other members of team DFL clocking in 3 a piece. More importantly, they all seemed to have a blast, and no one got hurt!

Team Whatever managed 13 laps. George and I each tapped out after four laps (I will claim the honor of being the first to finish--as in the first say "I'm finished! I can't do anymore!"). Mike pulled off five amazing fat-tire-ed laps, and was even considering a sixth but George had a cup of coffee for him that just looked TOO good to resist... Or so they tell me, i was in full-on racked out mode by then.

I don't know exactly what Kendall did, but I am sure he had fun and did it in style!

I don't think any of us placed at all, as there were some really competitive riders out there, but we had a blast and the club was well represented. I believe everyone met their goals (or came reasonably close-- our goal was to have a rider up the entire race, and with me tapping out at four laps, and George tempting Mike with coffee I don't think we stuck exactly to this but we didn't miss it by much!

Special thanks to Folks who came out to visit and support us: Big Wave Dave, Chad, Claudia, Theresa (spelling uncertain), Hector and brainy air force dude whose name I forget from Spang Sabers, ... I probably missed some one, and if so, thanks for coming by!

Uwe, cranky couple withe kid across the track who came to 'sleepless' and complained about their child being kept awake all night, Jan and Lev (the whiskey bros), and all of our Schlaflos friends, see y'all next year!

Some ideas I have for next year:
-I plan on renting (if I don't already own) a camper for next year to convince my rather spoiled wife and kiddos to join the fun. I'm think if we have that, and with Johns camper, we can claim some good real estate over in the camper area, and move the club location ther, which would also make a great switch out location
-considering the interestif other attendees in my pulled pork operation I'd like to bring my large fire pit and host a whole pig roast as a side event-maybe sell tickets to it to raise money for some deserving charity.

My understanding was that the camper area was for the folks who actually have to travel a long distance to get there. You would probably have to talk to Phaty about that.

I ran the pig roast (actually it was a boar) idea by Phaty back in June and he said hell no. But we have a year to talk him into to it.

Awesome to see you guys had a good time. I'll be there next year.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

http://www.chainlove.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 pm

We had folks in the camper area... Got no complaints.

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Interesting

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm

What was the reason for the 'hell no'
Seem like there might be room for negotiation?

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by thedude76 on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:09 pm

lack of space and stuff
Maybe if we presented it to him in a well thought out plan it could work. It looked like there was a lot of room on the field with out all of the cars.

Mud, blood and beers!
thedude76

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Not this year. No cars on the infield, and it was assholes and elbows with tents and Easy-ups. Made the parking a bit messier too. What about roasting the pig up behind the pavillion?
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 pm

There was plenty of space in the camper area, and at least one group had a BIG bonfire going at one point...
Serve the BBQ as 'take away' and let people take it back to their tent areas...

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem on Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:49 pm

I had a Blast this weekend and would also like to thank everyone involved!!! I think we made a Big impression this year and are becoming a know entity of SiS. As usual SiS lived up to it's modo "Cold, Dark & Hard" and delivered the Smack Down!!!

Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by eurotrash on Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:39 pm

Mostly sleepless... Had a good time this year. Coming out on Thursday is where it's at! We met so many interesting people to share booze, stories, and info with. The new route is a pretty even pitch, made the course feel short but survivable through the night. Maybe without the two inches of rain on the course it seemed easier! What a Face Definitely had a good time. Jonesy can absolutely handle the meat, he rubbed it and pulled it with impeccable timing, and drew a crowd to watch as he was doing so.

Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top