Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500

+2
Zenkem
Jonesy
6 posters

:: Yard Sale :: For Sale

Go down

Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 Empty Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500

Post by Jonesy Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:22 am

Many of y'all have seen my Sette Razzo 29er. Basically it's a very light weight cross-country hard tail.

I'm selling it to finance another bike build that involves another geared mountain bike, and I just can't see the need for that many gears in one man's stable!

Currently it is built up but what I am selling is NOT the entire bike. Only the wheelset, frame, fork and headset.

Here are the specs etc:
FRAME: Sette Razzo 29er Small. Aluminum cross country frame, unpainted, polished aluminum. has normal amounts of cable rub, surface scratches etc. No cracks or any other functional damage/shortfalls. The frame weight claimed is less than 3.2 pounds... never had it on a scale but it darn sure IS light... probably as light as you can go without getting into carbon fiber. PAid 249$ puls $80 shipping (using a forwarding service as pricepoint does not ship to APOs for their frames), so the total cost to get it for me, was about $330. Frame is less than a year old.

FORK: Fox 29rL 100mm 29er fork, 2009 model year. It has a lockout, but no remote. It desperately needs a service (seals replaced new oil etc.--it is leaking oil quite badly right now... I've had 2 years of moderate use out of it without servicing) but other than that it works great. If you are familiar with foxes you know what a great fork it is. Get it serviced at toxoholics... or send it in to PUSH, and you've got a damn fine fork! If I have the chance, I will be taking it in to toxoholics to get it serviced, but then my asking price will simply go up by the amount it cost to have it serviced. OBTW, a pretty light fork at 3.5 pounds for a 29er 100mm... Buying these new sets you back an easy $700 to $800. The steerer tube has been cut donw to fit this small frame, and will probably not fit any larger frames.

WHEELSET: 2010 Easton XC1 29er wheelset. I think it's about 1670 grams or so for the whole wheelset, so it's one of the lighter wheelsets available in the price range. Currently Easton XC ones are running $300 on pricepoint, which is much lower than their usual price of $400-$500 elsewhere.

HEADSET: I dunno, it's a headset...

So, all in all the parts new would cost about $1,300, and are all less than two years old.

My asking price is $500. Invest a $100 or so in the fork servicing, and you've got a nice, super light frame/fork/wheelset combo for the price. As an alternative, I'll sell the frame and fork without the wheelset for $400.

It is currently built up and has crank brothers pedals, so if you wnat to come take it for a quick test ride let me know.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 Empty Re: Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500

Post by Jonesy Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:33 am

Here is a pic:

Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 Jonesb10

NOTE: I have since peeled off the foxtail decals... not sure why, just in a mood one day.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500 Empty Re: Light-weight sette 29er with fox fork and easton xc 1, frame/fork/wheelset $500

Post by Zenkem Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:27 am

How much for just the fork before servicing??? Is it a thru axle???

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Toxoholic can change out a steer tube???
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:51 am

Zenkem wrote:How much for just the fork before servicing??? Is it a thru axle???

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think Toxoholic can change out a steer tube???

No thru axle... standard (9mm I think) QR.

Will send a PM concerning price on the fork alone.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:00 pm

You can't just replace the steerer. You would have to replace the whole crown assembly. That is $$$.

You could likely sell the fork on eBay for well over $400 if you get it serviced.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 pm

spookyload wrote:You can't just replace the steerer. You would have to replace the whole crown assembly. That is $$$.

You could likely sell the fork on eBay for well over $400 if you get it serviced.

Could you not have a new steerer pressed in? Ebay has a steerer tube listed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RST-11-8-STEERER-TUBE-325MM-LENGTH-/250943985498?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item3a6d6d575a

I know someone that can weld an end to it and extend it.
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Look y'all, steerer replacement ain't really an option. It either fits yer frame or it don't! The tube is a hair under 6 inches so it will fit a small sized race oriented frame (like the one on which it is currently mounted).
And spook is right; for the fork alone i could get 400 on ebay easy after a service, so for kmc club folks I'll go $250 as is.

Last edited by Jonesy on Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

Not for fox. That is a RST fork. Fox calls it a CSU (crown steere unit).
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Jonesy wrote:Look y'all, steerer replacement ain't really an option. It either fits yer frame or it don't! The tube is a hair under 6 inches so it will fit a small sized race oriented frame (like the one on which it is currently mounted).
And spook is right; for the fork alone i could get 400 on ebay easy after a service, so for kmc club folks I'll go $250 as is.

What about the wheels??
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 pm

I am interested in the frame and fork.

But, a few questions:

As for the fork, do you think the bushings are worn?

What size seat post? Is a seatpost included if it any other sized besides 30.9?

Road Rage wants the wheelset, I would not need another one...

Finaly, would the cool single speed chain keeping device you made be included as well?

Also, if somone else really wants this package deal, I can rebuild the fork, with standard seals and oil for free for you. I have rebuilt about 3 Fox forks so far, and it is a simple thing to do. Plus I have a set of seals with no home lying around. Now if the bushings need replacing after I get into the fork. That is beyond my level of tools on hand.

Eric
PB Matrix
PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 pm

PB Matrix wrote:I am interested in the frame and fork.

But, a few questions:
And here are a few answers:

PB Matrix wrote:As for the fork, do you think the bushings are worn?
I really don't know. I can't tell from looking at it. It has seen two years of moderate use without a servicing. You saw (i believe) on that neustadt ride how much oil was leaking. It has gone from barely noticeable oil on the stanchions to seeping quite steadily in a mattter of a couple of months. I've stopped riding it since that day because I don't want to risk damaging it. There are no symptoms to it at all, it still runs buttery smooth and the lockout still works great, I can jsut tell by the leaking oil that it needs some sort of seals or something replaced. I have looked very closely and see no discoloration or wear on the stanchion coating so it hasn't been in bad shape long enough to damage the stanchions.

PB Matrix wrote:What size seat post? Is a seatpost included if it any other sized besides 30.9?
No seatpost included, the size is 27.2. I just don't have any spare 27.2 seatposts, the one on it right now is going to the bike that will replace this one in my line up.

PB Matrix wrote:Road Rage wants the wheelset, I would not need another one...
I'm having second thoughts on selling the wheelset honestly, so if you aren't interested in them as part of your deal I am going to hang on to them afterall...

PB Matrix wrote:Finaly, would the cool single speed chain keeping device you made be included as well?
Absolutely. Also, if you are interested we could perhaps work something with the crankset and bottom bracket. If you are intending to go with a 1X9 setup, I could leave the crankset and BB on there. it is a RaceFace Deus XC. Moderatelly marked up and used, but less than a year old. The chainring is 33 tooth singlespeed specific chainring that resists chain drop, and like I said, that in concert with my chain holding doohickey, have worked flawlessly for me. There is but one minor problem with the crankset, the dust cover (on the drive side) is crossthreaded on there. It is crossthreaded quite neatly, and I have taken it on and off without any problem several times, so I guess I lucked out. If you don't intend to switch it out too often it's still got plenty of life in it and like I said the crankset is less than a year old so it's in great shape. If you have a crankset of similar quality, with a similar quality 33 or 32 tooth chain ring, we could work out a trade. If not, no worries, the chain doohickey will still go along with the frame.

PB Matrix wrote:Also, if somone else really wants this package deal, I can rebuild the fork, with standard seals and oil for free for you. I have rebuilt about 3 Fox forks so far, and it is a simple thing to do. Plus I have a set of seals with no home lying around. Now if the bushings need replacing after I get into the fork. That is beyond my level of tools on hand.

Eric

Finally, in all of my parts switching around etc., I could also let the Avid Juicy 5 brake set that is currently mounted ont he fork and frame stay with the bike (I'd even throw in the corresponding rotors and a full two-brake set of brand new pads still in their packaging).does $80 sound too high for the brake set (including already installed hardware and the rotors and pads listed above)?

And If you'd like to do the deal tomorrow, I could deliver to HD. I've been looking for a good excuse to go and get one last HD ride in before the crummy weather sets in, and selling bike stuff would be just the excuse I need...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 pm

PB Matrix wrote:
Road Rage wants the wheelset, I would not need another one...I'm having second thoughts on selling the wheelset honestly, so if you aren't interested in them as part of your deal I am going to hang on to them afterall...

Eric,

If you want to get the whole bike. I will throw in 100 dollars and you give me the wheels.

Dan
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Frame and fork are still available for $400. Wheelset is no longer available.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Road_Rage Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Jonesy wrote:Frame and fork are still available for $400. Wheelset is no longer available.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Road_Rage
Road_Rage
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gmoney Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:48 am

I never knew you nuts were such hagglers?!

Good lord! Shocked
Gmoney
Gmoney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:59 am

PB Matrix wrote:What size seat post? Is a seatpost included if it any other sized besides 30.9?

I stand corrected... I might have a seatpost when all is said and done. I have to confirm the seatpost size of the frame I am buying to replace this one. If it takes 27.2 I'm keeping the seatpost, but if it is something else I have a mid-range easton XC AL slight setback seatpost I'll throw in the deal for free.

Let me know if you are still interested, otherwise over the weekend I'm planning on listing the fork on Ebay Germany, and then using some parts I have around to build up the frame into a singlespeed rigid and sell it as a complete bike (probably also on ebay Germany, but I'll list it here as well).

Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:42 pm

Out.

But, send me the e-bay link once you get it posted. I was ultimately going to do the same thing in the spring.

Eric
PB Matrix
PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:11 am

Frame is gone. Sold on ebay de in about 3hours.

Fork is still available, but is currently listed on ebay as well.
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by PB Matrix Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:56 am

awesome, three hours, that must be some sort of record. What was your buy it now price?

PB Matrix
PB Matrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonesy Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:52 am

PB Matrix wrote:awesome, three hours, that must be some sort of record. What was your buy it now price?

179 euros plus 20 shipping.... pretty much 85% of my original cost, and this after a year of steady use...
Jonesy
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down