Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Stew Ride anyone??

+4
BrianLask
Sharpbike
Jonesy
velo-doc
8 posters

:: Rides :: Road Rides

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 Empty Re: Stew Ride anyone??

Post by velo-doc Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:30 am

Well, dress warm anyway...gonna be a nippy weekend. We'll have to add an extra layer for the ride. Next Stew ride would land on Christmas, so that's out. The week after that is New Year's Day, and we will be leaving for Austria to go skiing. Should be back the Sunday after that, so we might just plan for then.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by mountaincat Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:14 pm

If the ride is a go...I am in. As for the stew...if free food is available, I will not turn it away. Will check the site in the morning for any updates.

Chris
mountaincat
mountaincat

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:39 am

Looks like we're a go for this morning's stew ride. Thermometer on the house says it's 34 deg, so it warmed a little since last night. See u all at 0900.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:01 am

How was Johanniskreuz when you guys rolled thru there yesterday? I came thru in reverse of the Stew Ride, about 1300, absolute mad house!
MJ
MJ
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:37 pm

It was just starting to get crazy at about 1000 when we rolled through, but no issues. We missed you on the ride...how did everything work out? We'll do it again in a couple of weeks.
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Stew Ride anyone?? - Page 3 Empty Stew Ride Report

Post by velo-doc Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Was a crisp morning this past Sunday when Chris, Tim and I rolled out from Bann on Stew Ride #4. The fields were dressed with a hard frost, but it didn't cool the spirits of those who showed up to ride. Tim was the odd-man-out, sporting the cross bike with knobbies...but he likes it that way! A late message from MJ indicated that his morning was not shaping up as intended, but he might join at the "saw blade"...if he could find his extra key...as he had locked himself out of his apartment. It was a spirited roll-out through Queiedersbach, but only in an attempt to warm up before we succumbed to the wicked cold. Since we are going it on the short course now, we made the Stelzenberg climb KOM1. Chris went off like a cannon w/ me on his heels, and Tim bidding us adieu. Chris held a nice pace for the 1 mile climb, but didn't have the gas to answer a late charge for the yellow sign on top. KOM1(Chad, Chris, Tim) Next up was sprint point 1. I was primed to take my revenge this week after Tim and Chris took the opportunity to drop me like a bad habbit on the descent after a clothing issue two weeks ago. I drove it hard for 300m before the line and Chris was left gasping, while Tim rolled through, knobbies humming, saying "oh...there was a sprint there...didn't even know ;O)" SP1(Chad, Chris, Tim) We meandered our way through some glorious life-giving sun and finally came to KOM2. Again, it was Chris on the attack, while Tim settled in for another slog on his 25lb+ machine with monster truck tires(he definitely got the best workout that day). The early part of the climb is steep and chris was eager to get it over. I took the lead as the hill flattened and did my best to fend off Chris' attacks. We rolled to the big yellow sign within a couple of seconds of each other and eased off to really appreciate the burn. KOM2 (Chad, Chris, Tim). It was onward and upward w/ a quasi KOM3 toward Johanniskreuz, coming right on the heels of KOM2. Not really sure if this one will stay a KOM, because the top is kind of nebulous. We rolled into JK amidst a growing crowd of eager Weinnachstmarkt goers and quickly made our exit...although someone did offer up a suggestion to stop for a nice hot cup of gluhwein. We headed to the rollers outside town and managed to get some good work in. On to Trippstadt and then back on the finishing push through the valley past the Stelzenberg climb. We ramped it up hard for SP2, but when I hit the deer crossing sign(not literally), signifying the finish, Chris just kept right on plowing away...clearly oblivious that the sprint was over. SP2(Chad, Chris, Tim). We turned off the gas and rolled home to a really nice Mexican-style chicken stew, cornbread muffins, salad and delicious traubensaft for some extra sugar. Thanks to my amazing better half, Nikki, for the great meal. Ended up being a really nice, but crisp, stew ride on a mid December morning. Hope to see more of you out there soon...there's warmth in numbers!
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3