Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mission Statement

The K.M.C. Cycling Club is a diverse group of people from across the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) brought together by a common interest in cycling and cycling advocacy. Whether through racing, group rides, community involvement or social events centered on cycling, K.M.C. Cycling's primary purpose is to further the sport of cycling in the KMC, and provide a valuable cycling outlet to its members. We are a not-for-profit organization that values diversity, friendship and, above all, a good ride.
Latest topics
» New landstuhl trail opening.
Rainbow rainbow rainbow EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 5:33 pm by Zenkem

» Forest Night Ride. "No Drop"
Rainbow rainbow rainbow EmptyFri Sep 23, 2016 3:54 pm by Zenkem

» Winterberg bike park trip!
Rainbow rainbow rainbow EmptyTue Sep 13, 2016 8:02 am by Justachillin2

» Lunch in France... (Sat 17Sep2016)
Rainbow rainbow rainbow EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 8:27 pm by Pritch

» Weekly Thursday NO DROP MTB group ride Gelterswoog 2016 season!
Rainbow rainbow rainbow EmptyThu Sep 08, 2016 4:26 pm by Pritch

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Like Us
KMC Cycling Forums

Rainbow rainbow rainbow

3 posters

Go down

Rainbow rainbow rainbow Empty Rainbow rainbow rainbow

Post by spookyload Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:11 am

So I was out running tonight like I always do. I had a headlight like I always do. Was about two miles into it and hit the edge of the sidewalk and rolled my ankle. It was pretty bad because I went down like a ton of bricks so dramatically that two cars stopped to make sure I was OK. Initially it hurt like a rainbow, but after a few seconds I was able to go again. I was exactly half way from the room, so both ways was 2 miles back. Plodded along at my pace I always do for about 1/4 mile, then I realized it was bad. I looked down and swelling had started and that was the cause of my pain. I decided to walk home, and by the time I got home, I had a huge cankle from my knee to my foot.

The joint doesn't hurt, just the swelling is bothersome. I am hoping the swelling goes down fast as I don't think there is really any damage. Of course I just payed for the Big Dam Bridge 100 here in Little Rock that is next weekend. Fingers crossed the swelling goes down and I can do the ride in ten days. If not, nice donation to the local foundation.

Rainbow rainbow rainbow.
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Rainbow rainbow rainbow Empty Re: Rainbow rainbow rainbow

Post by Zenkem Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:44 am

I hope your feeling better but I have to say you wouldn't have a Cankle if your were riding...what is the meaning of this running thing anyway...

Rainbow rainbow rainbow Cankle10
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:45 am

Passing a PT test! I am still riding while in Little Rock too. Getting four rides a week on the road and three runs. Or I was. Here is my rainbow picture.
Rainbow rainbow rainbow IMGP2751
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:49 am

Are you running in your riding shoes??? No wonder you have two left feet....
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenkem Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:50 am

spookyload wrote:Passing a PT test! I am still riding while in Little Rock too. Getting four rides a week on the road and three runs. Or I was. Here is my rainbow picture.
Rainbow rainbow rainbow IMGP2751

My GOD Man!!! Shave those leggs...
Zenkem
Zenkem

Back to top Go down

Post by velo-doc Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:38 pm

Rest, ice, compression, elevation...repeat! Hope you heal quickly.

Chad
velo-doc
velo-doc
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyload Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:15 am

So next day was insane. I couldn't even see my toes or ankle bones. Went to the flight surgeon on Thursday and got a lucky draw. There was a civilian doc who was a sports medicine doc helping out in clinic. He gave me the advice I though I would get....RICE. He did give me a cool sock to keep blood from pooling in the ankle though which I think has helped. They took an xray on Thursday and there is nothing broken. He said it was a 2nd degree sprain. I spent from Friday after class till today with a$$ planted frimly in the recliner in my billeting room. Feet were naturally higher than the heart when reclined, so it was perfect. I got up twice to eat but spent the day studying and watching non-AFN TV. I had an ice chest I brought so I alternated ice and no ice for 15/45 all day. Result this morning was severe ugliness in bruises, but hardly any swelling. Pain is maybe a 1 or 2 when I move it wrong. Going to hit the stationary bike with zero resistance tomorrow to see how it feels, but I think I might just make the ride on Saturday.
Follow up question. Does anyone have experience with KT tape or Spidertech tape? I don't think I will need it, but I can get both here in Little Rock. Better safe than sorry since there is one hill on the ride that is 16% for 1/2 mile and I only have a 21 on the back. The extra support might help
spookyload
spookyload

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum